Greasy Lake Community

Random Thoughts + Discussion: Springsteen edition

I was finally feeling 100% this weekend and it was a great weekend to sit around the pool and do nothing. So I started with St. Louis 2008, Pittsburgh 2014, St. Louis 2016 and Kansas City 2016. Listened to the 4 shows I was at in the archives.  

Boy I miss Bruce live. I found myself choked up a couple time. Laughing, excited and mesmerized. 

Hopefully at least one more time, that's all I'm asking for.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 3
  • Bruuuuce! 2
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

P, your feelings are your feelings, but honestly, I’m not exactly sure why his age vs your age matters as to how you feel about his music.   Also, loving Bruce should have zero to do with listeni

On Wednesday I was driving my two great nephews (aged 8 and 10) to the cinema. Naturally, I had been playing Bruce on the way to pick them up, so when they got in I said, you don’t have to listen to B

A random intermittent thought that I've had on the previous three tours(including HH tour) is why does he love playing Darlington County and Working on the Highway so much?!Okay they're not played as

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I was finally feeling 100% this weekend and it was a great weekend to sit around the pool and do nothing. So I started with St. Louis 2008, Pittsburgh 2014, St. Louis 2016 and Kansas City 2016. Listened to the 4 shows I was at in the archives.  

Boy I miss Bruce live. I found myself choked up a couple time. Laughing, excited and mesmerized. 

Hopefully at least one more time, that's all I'm asking for.

Fingers crossed.

• Love Love Love! 1
5 minutes ago, lilbud said:

Listening to St Louis 2008 in my car right now. The show sounds awesome through car speakers.

I think you really need to hear from all who were there, as it was electric. From the great covers, to the greats from Born to Run, and also 6 tracks from Magic, which at that point was only playing 2-3 tunes. 

Grown men cried that night, Jungleland, Backstreets, Drive All Night, For You. 

• Like 3
On 8/10/2020 at 9:27 PM, Rizla said:

Such a mysterious song.  We are left to fill in the gaps, but there's something really ominous about that last verse.
It needs a thread of its own. 

On 8/10/2020 at 9:42 PM, Silvia said:

I adore Loose Change. It's a multilayered gem.

Please, ladies, start a thread, I'm at work and can't right now!

did it for you :)

sorry i missed your post before

• Thanks 1

Say about the HT/LT tour whatever you want, but the archive release photo has to be one of the best covers ever!? (In NUGS release standards, I mean) 

bs920725_01.jpg 

I just love that everyone is present on the pic! 

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

So I suddenly wanted to listen to The Man Who Got Away and instead of 1) getting The River box; 2) take the cd; 3) get the cd out of its sleeve; 4) change disks in my cd player; and 5)  putting the (non-Bruce) cd that is there in its jewel case;  it is much more easy to just google the song and listen to it on my laptop.

I just googled 'Bruce Springsteen The Man'..... and got Real Man.......:o (or :lol:, if you like).

(This is really true!)

• Haha 2
On 8/29/2020 at 5:57 AM, Lampi said:

So I suddenly wanted to listen to The Man Who Got Away and instead of 1) getting The River box; 2) take the cd; 3) get the cd out of its sleeve; 4) change disks in my cd player; and 5)  putting the (non-Bruce) cd that is there in its jewel case;  it is much more easy to just google the song and listen to it on my laptop.

I just googled 'Bruce Springsteen The Man'..... and got Real Man.......:o (or :lol:, if you like).

(This is really true!)

I blame Spotify for my weight gain as I no longer need to get up or indeed move at all to change my music. The beer and snacks I consume while no longer moving has nothing to do with it...

• Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Rizla said:

Why has Bruce got all George Theiss's stuff?
And wouldn't that old buckskin jacket have gone to the charity shop years ago?  ;)

Believe me, he's got more than one buckskin jacket hanging around.  I've heard him say it enough recently :lol:

• Haha 1