Greasy Lake Community

Random Thoughts + Discussion: Springsteen edition

On 2/11/2021 at 10:21 PM, Jimmy James said:

Another thing I find interesting, as the last four days we were going on and on about a Super Bowl ad and Drink Driving(I find that a funny way to say that). The Bootleggers kept on bootlegging, didn't even bother to come in and say hello. I don't even know 3/4 of the people in that thread! 

Never read that thread.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

P, your feelings are your feelings, but honestly, I’m not exactly sure why his age vs your age matters as to how you feel about his music.   Also, loving Bruce should have zero to do with listeni

On Wednesday I was driving my two great nephews (aged 8 and 10) to the cinema. Naturally, I had been playing Bruce on the way to pick them up, so when they got in I said, you don’t have to listen to B

A random intermittent thought that I've had on the previous three tours(including HH tour) is why does he love playing Darlington County and Working on the Highway so much?!Okay they're not played as

Posted Images

I know this isn't the most common opinion, but out of every single Bruce Springsteen song... of which there are very, very, very many great ones, and a shocking amount of excellent ones... my #1 favorite that stands even above all the others is Devil's Arcade.

No exaggeration. All due respect to the indisputable greats like Thunder Road, Incident, NYCS, Lost in the Flood, Streets of Philadelphia, Dancing in the Dark, Lost in the Flood, Born to Run, Jungleland, Kitty's Back, Born in the U.S.A., Land of Hope and Dreams, and other personal pet favorites like Candy's Room, Tunnel of Love, Something in the Night, Valentine's Day, Unsatisfied Heart, I Wanna Be With You, Seaside Bar Song... all great in different ways, most of 'em better at something or another than DA... they all hold different, special places in my heart, life, and psychology... but Devil's Arcade is the favorite to end all favorites.

Remember the morning...

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

don't think i realized the connection between "unsatisfied heart" and "cautious man" til just now, the narrator getting up and running away while his wife sleeps. makes "cautious man" a little more interesting, too, to know he was working on that image for a while. glad bill horton had a happier end to his story than the fugitive did

• Like 1
On 1/30/2021 at 12:03 PM, gus said:

If you didn't love Broadway thing you have no emotion.

Pmsl. 

David Byrne's American Utopia on Broadway makes Bruce's Broadway show look geriatric. Greatest thing I've ever seen.

Different strokes and all that. (I would put in a winking emoji but GL won't let me when I'm posting ftom my phone).

2 minutes ago, Trumper said:

Maybe they have got rid of BTX ?  It's just like them not to say anything.

I doubt they'd close it down, but it must be pretty serious with near radio silence from Backstreets about this.

On 3/4/2021 at 2:01 PM, janeymarywendy said:

The mighty BTX has been down for a few days now 

The BTX detectives investigating the technical problems have found some clues, leading to a certain dog in Nevada.

• Haha 3

Backstreets Magazine- March 12. 2021

@backstreetsmag

"BTX update: After what should have been a standard server migration, unforeseen compatibility issues resulted in the message board going kaput. (For those still wondering, it’s not just you.) We’re working with the host to resolve the issue, and we appreciate your understanding."

On 3/7/2021 at 10:56 PM, CrushOnOutlawPete said:

I know this isn't the most common opinion, but out of every single Bruce Springsteen song... of which there are very, very, very many great ones, and a shocking amount of excellent ones... my #1 favorite that stands even above all the others is Devil's Arcade.

No exaggeration. All due respect to the indisputable greats like Thunder Road, Incident, NYCS, Lost in the Flood, Streets of Philadelphia, Dancing in the Dark, Lost in the Flood, Born to Run, Jungleland, Kitty's Back, Born in the U.S.A., Land of Hope and Dreams, and other personal pet favorites like Candy's Room, Tunnel of Love, Something in the Night, Valentine's Day, Unsatisfied Heart, I Wanna Be With You, Seaside Bar Song... all great in different ways, most of 'em better at something or another than DA... they all hold different, special places in my heart, life, and psychology... but Devil's Arcade is the favorite to end all favorites.

Remember the morning...

I think its a very beautiful song

I often would like to ask Bruce if the husband gets better ?

I think when a dem is in the White house Bruce would say yes

And when the GOP are in he would say its not looking good

• Haha 1
On 3/11/2021 at 10:42 AM, Lampi said:

The BTX detectives investigating the technical problems have found some clues, leading to a certain dog in Nevada.

:lol:

9 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I think its a very beautiful song

I often would like to ask Bruce if the husband gets better ?

I think when a dem is in the White house Bruce would say yes

And when the GOP are in he would say its not looking good

I think he'd keep it ambiguous in either way - which also makes the song kind of a parallel to Valentine's Day, in some ways

• Like 1

I always google to find greasy lake 20 times  a day

Bob @Early North Jersey look what i got 

I do find it a tad embarssing when its some crazy person postings with white a Jeep  

Screenshot_20210311-223331.png

• Haha 1

Just got done watching this 2018 HBO documentary of the early part of Elvis' life up through when he was discharged from the Army (which is part one of apparently a two part series).  Not a huge Elvis fan but this is pretty well done and I love seeing old pictures and videos from eras past.  It has various commentators talking about his life and music and that includes a fair amount of comments from Bruce (vocal only, no on-screen appearances).  And as you can see in the credits below, Zimny and Landau were a big part of it.  Worth checking out if you get a chance.

MV5BNDYwMTM2MzU3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDgw

• Thanks 3

OK, hopefully this doesn't sound too corny or Springsteen and I'ish! 

But put on Burnin Train, visualize/picture/fantasize the band coming on stage starting the intro to the tune. Max starts the roll of the drum and Bruce appears to the first lines of the song. Tears of joy are rolling and I can't stop bouncing. 

Anyone else?  

• Love Love Love! 1
On 3/17/2021 at 7:06 AM, Jimmy James said:

OK, hopefully this doesn't sound too corny or Springsteen and I'ish! 

But put on Burnin Train, visualize/picture/fantasize the band coming on stage starting the intro to the tune. Max starts the roll of the drum and Bruce appears to the first lines of the song. Tears of joy are rolling and I can't stop bouncing. 

Anyone else?  

Definitely Jimmy

Ill be here watching every word of set list vision 

• Bruuuuce! 1

(Deleted this post because some jokes are soooooo 2020......)

• Haha 1