Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thomam

Oh, Mr Bond, I didn't expect you to die

RIP Roger Moore, third best Bond and great character actor.

moore.jpg

No

-_-

Rest In Peace!!

Agreed on third best Bond.

Watched the entire Bond series over xmas a few years ago. Those movies were better than expected. Atleast when you watch the series back to back.

RIP Mr. Moore.

He's 1st foray into the Bond world is still among my favorite Bond films -Live & Let Die.

By all accounts he was a gentleman. RIP.

Knitting patterns and Ivanhoe. He's been around, well, forever.

RIP.

RIP Roger. For Your Eyes Only was the first Bond film I saw, and you were my favortie Bond.

This too, was a great show.

You will be missed.

Image result for the persuaders

He was great to have as a hero as a kid, me and my cousin loved him to bits. We grew up with him as Bond. I watched a few of his Bond films not long ago, and you realise just how much fun he brought to the role. He looked to be having a great time with it. 

This is a pretty cool story.....

In the cinematic realm James Bond is to me what Bruce is in the muscial world.  I love the franchise.  Like Bruce it is has had it's ups and downs for a variety of reasons, but in big picture it is simply fantastic entertainment.

Roger Moore was the first Bond I saw in the theater, it was Moonraker,  and although I would later look back on it as not a particularly great film - it still enthralled me as an 11 year old.  To me Daniel Craig would embody the character Ian Fleming wrote, but Roger Moore was where it started for me.

RIP Mr. Bond

Based on a Commando - written by a Commando.

That's why it's so good. ;)

Bond will always be Sean Connery for me, but Moore is my 2nd favorite.

2 hours ago, 53 Esquire said:

IRoger Moore was the first Bond I saw in the theater, it was Moonraker,  and although I would later look back on it as not a particularly great film - it still enthralled me as an 11 year old.  To me Daniel Craig would embody the character Ian Fleming wrote, but Roger Moore was where it started for me.

Me, too.....

Sean Connery is the first one I remember although I remember David Niven's portrayal, too.

Oh, for anybody who doesn't know - David Niven was also a Commando.

While I'm on the subject - another Commando, Joe Powell played Sgt Windridge in Zulu and was the stunt man who dived off the bridge in The Man Who Would Be King. He was standing in for Sean Connery.

I kinda veered away from Bond films as I got older but thought Roger played it well - lots of humour.

For me the order goes Connery, Craig, Moore, but I really loved all three in their own way.  Never warmed up to the Dalton, Brosnan or Lazenby Bonds.