Greasy Lake Community

Live Show OLYMPIASTADION HELSINKI, FI

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunely the pre show songs I´ll work for your love / Leap Of Faith / No Surrender / For You / Blinded by the light are not included.

Otherwise you had more than 4,5 hours live music

As always happy for the fans that are looking for this type of release, but it is becoming increasingly clear that for me anyway this "archive" series will not meet my original sky high expectations of having prime ESB live material in the best quality possible.  This show is no different than any of the shows they have released from this past tour.  I am sorry but something from 2012 doesn't exactly scream opening up the archive vaults to me.  Yeah its a long show but still with the too many members in the band with the same tired vocals.

When will we get something from Prime years again?  The 2008-2017 era are more than represented!!

Please don't let my rant prevent those looking forward to this show from enjoying it. I will still be buying it but like pretty much every release since Tempe, it will sit on my HD with maybe a curiosity skip through if it pops up in shuffle.

Well, I was expecting a Reunion or Rising show, this isn't too bad of a pick. To be honest, it's a better representive of the Wrecking Ball tour than the Rome 2013 show. Don't get me wrong, 2013 had some great shows, 2012 was better overall though.

That said, I would love to see a Reunion or Rising show at some point. I know that there aren't that many recorded shows from 75-88, but I know there are a few of them out there. Another one of those would be good.

27 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Excellent show, but I am surprised that they've released this rather than something from one of the tours not yet covered.

This. I'm quite excited for this one, though!

3 minutes ago, 1651997 said:

This. I'm quite excited for this one, though!

I see what you mean. If they were going to release another recent show, this was maybe the one to choose.

Hopefully something very different next time though.

Just now, Born To Walk said:

I see what you mean. If they were going to release another recent show, this was maybe the one to choose.

Hopefully something very different next time though.

Yes, exactly! It would be nice to have other tour's shows, although this arguably pretty great!

Oh my God I've just listened to the Light of Day sample and this is THE ONE!!!

"This is a very creative sign, he's invested some money in this! And if that side didn't work he's got Blinded by the Light ready just incase!" Before discovering the MTV In Concert show this was the version of Light of Day I used to listen to constantly.

And now it's here in great quality!!!!

It's even got Land of 1000 Dances which is now kinda bittersweet. sigh I'm gonna miss Jermain Defoe.

Helsinki was the longest and Gothenburg the best. I wish they'd gone for the best, but I guess this is close enough. The glass is almost full so "Bottoms up!"

13 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

More excitingly for me is the short time since the St Louis release. Keep up this speed of output and there will be plenty of gems on their way. There must be a few Rising and Re-union to choose from. 

I know!! I have a feeling we're going to have a handful more of these archive releases before the year is out seeing as it looks like Bruce won't be doing any major touring for the rest of this year. Some gaps are going to definitely be filled this year, I've got a good feeling!

Afraid I sit squarely with uncle josh on this one.  When we have every show from 2014 onward and given the High Hopes tour was an extension of the WB tour, plus Rome 2013, this one seems very strange.

Stoked for those that were at the show and want a souvenir but there is nothing here that excites me the way shows from the pre-BTR days would.  I also desperately want an official version of Passaic Night, something from the Other Band tour, the Vietnam Vets show... Anything but this.  I agree the WB tour was great (I loved the Wembley 2013 and Sunderland 2012 shows I went to) but there is just nothing radically different to others shows available already from this time period.

The only reason I may succumb to this is in my desperate quest for an audible version of Nils' Because the Night solo!  The samples do sound pretty good.  The crafty bastards.

Looking forward to getting this one, wish I could right now (damn low funds)...

I still wish they'd release shows from the '70s, esp. the '78 shows they fucking talked about! but the 2012 shows are not the same as the 2013 or 2014 shows and I think they made a great choice with this one, the only ones I'd prefer for 2012 over this are the ones I was actually at.

No need for an other 70's show for me. Enough's been already released from that period and the songs in those setlists  are all too familiar by now. In my opinion as a live act the band peaked 1980  at the River Tour, so if I want Bruce at his best I go for Tempe. What I want now is stuff that sounds  a little bit more fresh, good versions of newer songs that haven't been overplayed.

Archived