Captain Chaos

UPDATE!: Bruce on Broadway extended to NOW June 30th 2018

1 hour ago, rachelharms said:

I am wondering.. when would the best time to book flights be? Do I wait until nearer the time ? :mellow:

Bruce came on the radio while I was in the car earlier...  There were tears 

Honestly, I'd book around October-ish. I think prices will be really high during the pre/post Christmas period. 

And seriously, Rachel, at this point I don't know how you've got any fluids left in your entire body given the amount of times I've seen you post about how you've been crying over Bruce :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

Bit only those selected will have a chance at a t shirt. 

the committee will be verifying Loser Status on Monday when Hurricane passes over us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AMIW said:

the committee will be verifying Loser Status on Monday when Hurricane passes over us.

You're the committee, aren't you, Andrew? ;)

1 minute ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

Oh-Oh............Loser Wrath coming...............

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Mocker said:

With the stinginess of ticket sale information (seating chart costs, secret codes, etc), I would assume nothing for these shows. Charting new territory for Bruce World. It's a shame fans are getting caught in the prop wash.

I can't find it now, but I swear it was on the original and official information that came out that there would be a small number of tickets available at the theatre every night.

Save me somebody!

• Like 1

Thank you for the replies regarding flights... I wasn't sure if because I'm going in January perhaps the flights would be cheaper as less people would want to fly due to weather. 

I had a look on BA who I've booked with for my trips to NY this year and I'm looking at £1700 each for a return flight in January and I can't afford that :mellow:

so i will look on skyscanner for an alternative 

5 minutes ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

the committee is many people - there will be a swanky Skype teleconference....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skin2Skin said:

I can't find it now, but I swear it was on the original and official information that came out that there would be a small number of tickets available at the theatre every night.

Save me somebody!

It sounds familiar to me too, 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AMIW said:

the committee is many people - there will be a swanky Skype teleconference....

Yeah, but do I need a mobile to be eligible?

14 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Honestly, I'd book around October-ish. I think prices will be really high during the pre/post Christmas period. 

And seriously, Rachel, at this point I don't know how you've got any fluids left in your entire body given the amount of times I've seen you post about how you've been crying over Bruce :lol:

Well I won't be able to afford to book until end of October anyway... So fingers crossed I find something. If not I'll build my own damn plane. 

I just have a lot of feelings ok :(:lol:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Marilla Gorilla said:

Yeah, but do I need a mobile to be eligible?

what do you think ? :P

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Skin2Skin said:

Save me somebody!

I remember seeing that because my friend and I talked about flying to NYC and taking our chances in a drop line if we didn't get tickets.  I wish I could remember where I read it!

• Like 1

The tickets available at the theater could that be for the seats of the two boxes? 

2 hours ago, Kim91 said:

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I was on here, but I was wondering if anyone has experience with ticket prices dropping on StubHub closer to the date of the show? (Don't judge me!! :( ) Does anyone have experience with false tickets? 

I am one of the unlucky ones, on standby twice, no code.. I am especially disappointed for my dad, he was really counting on it (even though I told him not to, considering the odds) and he would have loved to take the trip to NYC with me. I am still trying to cope with my disappointment by scouring the internet trying to convince myself there's still a way to get tickets and not be broke for the rest of the year ;) 

I might keep an eye on stubhub to see if ticket prices drop.. (I know that's against the Bruce-rules, but bear with me here)

Prices will drop. They'll also go up. Stub Hub has a LMS centre in New York. That means you can get tickets day of show. May not help much if you have to travel, but the last 24 hours is when I've found tix to drop the most. You can also expect some tickets to be released day of show by the theater.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jukebox said:

Well I did get a code, but couldn't use it, so I passed it on to a Brucebud I met in the pit at BNE#2.

Pretty sure the warm glow of giving is not too far off the warm glow of going....

Indeed.  When I was unable to go to Rome last summer, the ONLY thing that helped was knowing my tickets were going to two fans who could not have gone otherwise.  Just knowing how over the moon excited and happy they were, really and truly did help ease the pain!  

• Like 5

Nothing feels better to me than getting tickets in the hands of other Bruce fans for the price I paid and not the price I could get.

Even though I know some people mistake that for stupidity. 

Different people, different beliefs, different values.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

Thank you for the replies regarding flights... I wasn't sure if because I'm going in January perhaps the flights would be cheaper as less people would want to fly due to weather. 

I had a look on BA who I've booked with for my trips to NY this year and I'm looking at £1700 each for a return flight in January and I can't afford that :mellow:

so i will look on skyscanner for an alternative 

Hi Rachel,

A few alternatives you might not think of:

Icelandair and WOW: Two carriers based in Iceland. What's neat about them is you can stop off for free in Reykjavik if you like. Highly recommended if you haven't been. Fantastic city.

Thomas Cook Airlines: from regional UK cities.

Air India: Really.

Norwegian will probably be the cheapest. Highly advise going with either of the Icelandic carriers instead. 

Also, flights out of Ireland are generally cheaper because of the reduced taxation. At times you can save a lot by hopping Ryanair or Aer Lingus over to Dublin and catching your transatlantic flight from there. Give yourself plenty of time as you'll have to travel on two tickets and recheck your bags.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I flew Air India when I was on a tight budget, flight out was perfectly fine, flight home we got upgraded to business class which was fab!  

Generally speaking, 3 months beforehand is the cheapest time to book but don't miss the BA and Virgin sales.  You need to stay a Saturday night to get the cheapest deals and if you are going to be visiting Jersey too, EWR is the most convenient airport ( you can get a train to Asbury Park)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rachelharms said:

had a look on BA who I've booked with for my trips to NY this year and I'm looking at £1700 each for a return flight in January and I can't afford that

dont know where you are looking on ba but flights are about £400 return in jan depending on how many nights u are going  dony know if link will work

https://www.britishairways.com/travel/low-price-finder/public/en_gb

Thank you everyone for your help, I really really appreciate it. 

It wouldn't be too much of a problem, but I'm paying for my mum's flight too (the least I can do, it was her who got the code!!) so it really does restrict my budget. 

Id say £2000 is my maximum budget, so as long as I can get both our flights for below that I'm happy with whatever airline.

I think flying via Ireland sounds like a good idea, especially if it means a big difference in flight costs. I just hope they're not too high by the time I book. 

If anyone sees any good deals on flights to NY in the next month or so please please let me know, I'll be eternally grateful! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

dont know where you are looking on ba but flights are about £400 return in jan depending on how many nights u are going  dony know if link will work

https://www.britishairways.com/travel/low-price-finder/public/en_gb

I used the BA app.. It said £159 for the flight out there and then a return flight for over £1500 :mellow: I think those prices are based on 7 nights whereas I'm literally looking at 2 maybe 3 nights max. I'll have a look at staying longer 

There are usually tickets that do drop for Broadway shows.

The issue is that these may be the 850.00 price tix, so you better be prepared to spend.

I doubt there will be any 75.00 tickets dropping.

23 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

Thank you everyone for your help, I really really appreciate it. 

It wouldn't be too much of a problem, but I'm paying for my mum's flight too (the least I can do, it was her who got the code!!) so it really does restrict my budget. 

Id say £2000 is my maximum budget, so as long as I can get both our flights for below that I'm happy with whatever airline.

I think flying via Ireland sounds like a good idea, especially if it means a big difference in flight costs. I just hope they're not too high by the time I book. 

If anyone sees any good deals on flights to NY in the next month or so please please let me know, I'll be eternally grateful! 

Which dates are you looking for specifically?

10 minutes ago, mypalfish said:

There are usually tickets that do drop for Broadway shows.

The issue is that these may be the 850.00 price tix, so you better be prepared to spend.

I doubt there will be any 75.00 tickets dropping.

I think/hope there will be a range.

And if there isn't, anyone who lives in NYC and/or North Jersey won't have to spend any money for airfare or lodging, which can be a far greater savings than a $75 ticket and airfare and lodging coming from another country. 

• Like 1