Captain Chaos

UPDATE!: Bruce on Broadway extended to NOW June 30th 2018

5 minutes ago, roskilde19 said:

Will more shows be added or does he come to Europe with the show ? 

I doubt there'll be anymore shows added in America. But you never know with Bruce. 

People are saying he won't do European shows because "there's only a Broadway" in America, despite the fact we've got a broadway in Grindon here in Sunderland, and also despite the fact that he only needs a few small theatres to be able to perform these shows in Europe and in England we've got this thing called the WEST END that was made for these types of shows.

He'll definitely do shows in Europe over the next year or so, that's why I can't fathom why Europeans have spent so much money for the hassle - unless, of course they were already planning on going to America around this time. 

• Like 1

Does it have to be a 1,000 seater in say London ? He could always repeat the D&D tour and do a bunch of shows at the 6,000 capacity Royal Albert Hall ? Still sort of intimate(ish).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Royston Vasey said:

Does it have to be a 1,000 seater in say London ? He could always repeat the D&D tour and do a bunch of shows at the 6,000 capacity Royal Albert Hall ? Still sort of intimate(ish).

If he's charging a fortune for a ticket would he rather have a small venue and it sell out? Or risk a bigger venue, possibly make more money but play to a half empty arena?

And this reminds me, here in Sunderland we're apparently building a new 450 seating, 700 standing music venue. [http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2017-02-16/multi-million-pound-music-venue-for-sunderland/] Maybe we could get Bruce to open it with one of these shows when it opens in 2021 like he did the First Direct Arena in Leeds 4 years ago!

He wouldn't use Europe as a cash cow would he?   No never what a silly suggestion that is! ;)

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, ukjohnney said:

He wouldn't use Europe as a cash cow would he?   No never what a silly suggestion that is! ;)

On a positive note, in Europe Bruce will want to read from his other, superior book ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Outlaw-Pete-Bruce-Springsteen/dp/1501103857/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1505078475&sr=1-4&keywords=springsteen+kids ) and will perform in intimate stadiums, no more than 70,000 seats. Just before the tour starts he will scrap the literary aspect, bring back the full band, and play greatest hits in the Springsteen on Broadway European tour. 

PCS, I actually agree with you that the West End is a cert. The reason I'm hopping over the pond, is all jokes aside, it won't be the same show. Bruce USA and Bruce Europe are two different creatures. And...

I may not be a verified fan over here. Simple truth. I sometimes buy tickets from places other than Ticketmaster UK. I may be unverified. Or even worse, an Eventim verified in a Ticketmaster world.  :(

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Turkued said:

Auf eine positive Note, in Europa Bruce will aus seinem anderen, überlegenen Buch zu lesen (  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Outlaw-Pete-Bruce-Springsteen/dp/1501103857/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie = UTF8 & qid = 1505078475 & sr = 1-4 & keywords = springsteen + kids  ) und wird in intimen Stadien, nicht mehr als 70.000 Sitze auftreten. Kurz vor der Tour startet er den literarischen Aspekt, bringt die volle Band zurück und spielt die größten Hits im Springsteen auf der Broadway European Tour. 

PCS, ich stimme dir wirklich zu, dass das West End ein Zertifikat ist. Der Grund, warum ich über den Teich hüpfe, ist alles Witze beiseite, es wird nicht die gleiche Show sein. Bruce USA und Bruce Europe sind zwei verschiedene Kreaturen. Und...

Ich kann hier kein verifizierter Fan sein. Einfache Wahrheit. Ich kaufe manchmal Tickets von anderen Orten als Ticketmaster UK. Ich kann nicht bestätigt werden. Oder noch schlimmer, ein Eventim in einer Ticketmaster-Welt verifiziert.  :(

Have you tickets for the broaday shows ?

10 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

If he's charging a fortune for a ticket would he rather have a small venue and it sell out? Or risk a bigger venue, possibly make more money but play to a half empty arena?

And this reminds me, here in Sunderland we're apparently building a new 450 seating, 700 standing music venue. [http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2017-02-16/multi-million-pound-music-venue-for-sunderland/] Maybe we could get Bruce to open it with one of these shows when it opens in 2021 like he did the First Direct Arena in Leeds 4 years ago!

Playing in a half empty arena?? Come on now!

I think if this show does come to Europe it will be different. I cannot see a 4 month run in one city (apart from anything else, the tickets would be even more expensive to cover the costs of a suite at Claridges;)). Venues such as Albert Hall for a few nights would make more sense and, I have little doubt, they would sell out just as quickly as Broadway.

But, we just have to wait and see.

• Like 3

Anyone going October 3rd? 

I'm really curious what he'll perform, and if he reads a lot of excerpts from his autobiography. 

I think it will be similar to the D&D tour. (So no bookreading, but just telling stories inbetween songs)

1 minute ago, Wout said:

I'm really curious what he'll perform, and if he reads a lot of excerpts from his autobiography. 

Well he won't be reading every except from his autobiography.

"I'm glad I've been paid so handsomely over the years but honestly I'd have done it for free" 

• Like 1

Well no matter what he'll perform, it will be special nevertheless. 

Heck, even if he'd just read Yellow Pages it would be something I'd like to hear :P

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Wout said:

I think it will be similar to the D&D tour. (So no bookreading, but just telling stories inbetween songs)

On another point, I'm wondering about all the mobile phones and constant picture taking during the show. The intimate atmosphere he is after will be broken each time a flash goes off. Usual theatre goers normally switch off their mobiles but I can't see Springsteen concert-goers restraining themselves.

I think I'm more excited about the concept of this than anything. Just the idea of not knowing what to expect, or how it'll pan out night after night is really interesting. 

Obviously Bruce has been in a reflective mood, with his autobiography and various talks on his life/career. I'm wondering perhaps could all this revisiting his past have led to new songs having been written? Could they be debuted at the upcoming shows to tie in with the excerpts from the book? Will we get entirely new versions/takes on his existing work? Will he interact with the audience much? 

It seems that since the announcement of the Broadway shows, we have been waiting such a long time to find out, but in reality, the first show is just over 3 weeks away. I for one, cannot wait. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I imagined Bruce finishing one of these shows with an acoustic Quarter to Three earlier today.

He asks for silence throughout but for the end just tells everyone to get up and clap their hands.

In this retrospect he should have done the shows on West End and not on Broadway. There's a very clear difference between American and Brittish audiences. 

6 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

to get up and clap their hands.

Or rattle their jewellery.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

I think I'm more excited about the concept of this than anything. Just the idea of not knowing what to expect, or how it'll pan out night after night is really interesting. 

Obviously Bruce has been in a reflective mood, with his autobiography and various talks on his life/career. I'm wondering perhaps could all this revisiting his past have led to new songs having been written? Could they be debuted at the upcoming shows to tie in with the excerpts from the book? Will we get entirely new versions/takes on his existing work? Will he interact with the audience much? 

It seems that since the announcement of the Broadway shows, we have been waiting such a long time to find out, but in reality, the first show is just over 3 weeks away. I for one, cannot wait. 

I also cannot wait, I'm excited and ecstatic and I don't even tickets :P:( 

Anyway I love Bruce on piano:

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Wout said:

In this retrospect he should have done the shows on West End and not on Broadway. There's a very clear difference between American and Brittish audiences. 

He probably will do West End shows when/if he comes overseas. 

Look at it this way, Broadway's a passion project, he's most likely wanted to do a "spectacular show on Broadway" for a while now, because Broadway's a pretty big deal and it's a nice doff for his cap. 

8 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Or rattle their jewellery.

Wave their prawn sandwiches in the air like they just don't care. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Look at it this way, Broadway's a passion project, he's most likely wanted to do a "spectacular show on Broadway" for a while now, because Broadway's a pretty big deal and it's a nice doff for his cap. 

Oh yes I can completely understand why he chose Broadway! If I were an artist and I'd the choice to perform at any theater in the world, I'd also go for Broadway probably. 

I was just giving Bruce reasons why he should extend his tour overseas :P 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Wout said:

Oh yes I can completely understand why he chose Broadway! If I were an artist and I'd the choice to perform at any theater in the world, I'd also go for Broadway probably. 

I was just giving Bruce reasons why he should extend his tour overseas :P 

He needs to go on a theatre world tour. 

Not performing just going around looking at theatres. That can be his next venture, television. 

Bruce Springsteen's Tour De Theatre. From the Sydney Opera House to the Miami-za in Kyoto, Japan. 

• Like 1

ARGH NOOO

I finally found two reasonable priced tickets... 2 tickets for row B mezzanine for 1000$ each (which was 'only' 300$ more than the original price according to the Backstreets seating map).

So I quickly call my dad to check if he's available that day, it's a yes from him, so I quickly click on the tickets (this was all happening within the timespan of 1 minute) and.... they're gone :( too late :(

• Sad 2

I think you will find it will be cheaper for Bruce to bring a show to London   , given the currencie conversion .

7 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Well he won't be reading every except from his autobiography.

"I'm glad I've been paid so handsomely over the years but honestly I'd have done it for free" 

to be fair over 80 shows he probably could read the whole damn book

• Haha 1