Captain Chaos

UPDATE!: Bruce on Broadway extended to NOW June 30th 2018

On 10 September 2017 at 11:08 PM, roskilde19 said:

Have you tickets for the broaday shows ?

Yes. I hope. Ticketmaster put them initially in someone else's account (after I paid for and printed them) but have cancelled the initial codes and e-mailed me new tickets. Just in case, I plan on being number 1 in line...get my codes processed ASAP...in fact, I better start the line now. Marker and notebook ready...

On Saturday, September 09, 2017 at 7:46 PM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I've been thinking and I can't justify paying £800 for a ticket.

I'm struggling to think of anything in the world that I consider to be worth paying £800 for a ticket.

That's not even to mention how much I'd be spending on flights, hotels, scran and drink, possible shopping.

It's a tough personal decision for everyone. Your logic above is sound.

Think about how you will feel about your decision 5 years from now as you look back. No pressure, though!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Turkued said:

Yes. I hope. Ticketmaster put them initially in someone else's account (after I paid for and printed them) but have cancelled the initial codes and e-mailed me new tickets. Just in case, I plan on being number 1 in line...get my codes processed ASAP...in fact, I better start the line now. Marker and notebook ready...

Ed, are you still thinking of taking TM to court? Just wondering ...

7 hours ago, Mocker said:

Think about how you will feel about your decision 5 years from now as you look back. No pressure, though!

I missed the D&D Tour out of choice. Hey, I don't regret it, never will.

As you said in that same quote - his logic is sound. Very sound.

I've known folk almost go under (no, whoever's reading, not an exaggeration) due to pressure from themselves and others regarding over-spending.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

He needs to go on a theatre world tour. 

Not performing just going around looking at theatres. That can be his next venture, television. 

Bruce Springsteen's Tour De Theatre. From the Sydney Opera House to the Miami-za in Kyoto, Japan. 

Funny you should say that, Paolo.   When the Tom Joad tour was announced, there were strong rumours Bruce would play the Sydney Opera House.  I went as far as making some phone calls before the dates were announced (I was living in Port Hedland, a literal hell-on-earth-arsehole-of-a-town in the north west of this big brown land, about as far from Sydney as you can get), and someone in the SOH administration office went as far as to say she couldn't discuss it.  I took that to mean there *were* discussions taking place....  

In the end, it didn't pan out, and he played the Capitol Theatre (and yep, I flew all the way across to see him fro three of the five nights there) - but I would not at all be surprised to see the Opera House as the venue if the show ever made it to Oz.

• Like 2

So for someone who quit following this thread after failing to get verified in both sales - is there any way to get tickets now other than stubhub and the like?

9 minutes ago, Shadyjaney said:

So for someone who quit following this thread after failing to get verified in both sales - is there any way to get tickets now other than stubhub and the like?

Apparently a very limited amount will be distributed via a lottery:

"ONLINE LOTTERY

A limited number of tickets for each performance will be sold via online lottery."

See: http://www.jujamcyn.com/show/springsteen.html 

Is the online lottery not just another term for the ticketmaster verified fan system?

36 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

Is the online lottery not just another term for the ticketmaster verified fan system?

That is also what I'd guess, Rachel!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Wout said:

Apparently a very limited amount will be distributed via a lottery:

"ONLINE LOTTERY

A limited number of tickets for each performance will be sold via online lottery."

See: http://www.jujamcyn.com/show/springsteen.html 

How exactly does this ONLINE LOTTERY work?

3 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

How exactly does this ONLINE LOTTERY work?

I've been looking myself.  My sister in law even went to the box office to try to get info.  They were locked shut with information about the freaking AUGUST pre sale taped to the window.  

Not very helpful. :(

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, rachelharms said:

I think it will take place every night--many other Broadway shows have their own version of ticket drops. Smaller place equals ticket drips as opposed to drops, I'd guess.

We will know so much more once the shows begin. As usual :(

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Skin2Skin said:

I think it will take place every night--many other Broadway shows have their own version of ticket drops. Smaller place equals ticket drips as opposed to drops, I'd guess.

We will know so much more once the shows begin. As usual :(

Oh I'm not really familiar with theatre so I had no idea! It makes me wonder how many tickets were held back? I just assumed that the lottery was being selected for a code! 

Only 3 weeks today until the first show... 

1 minute ago, rachelharms said:

Oh I'm not really familiar with theatre so I had no idea! It makes me wonder how many tickets were held back? I just assumed that the lottery was being selected for a code! 

Only 3 weeks today until the first show... 

I don't think many were held back, but I have no doubt that a few are. What those prices will range from, I have no idea.

But there are always cancellations, too.

If I lived near NYC, I'd feel pretty certain I'd get a drop if I were willing to be patience and have a bit of a time suck. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Skin2Skin said:

I don't think many were held back, but I have no doubt that a few are. What those prices will range from, I have no idea.

But there are always cancellations, too.

If I lived near NYC, I'd feel pretty certain I'd get a drop if I were willing to be patience and have a bit of a time suck. 

Oh I see! I guess that's good in that there's still a chance for people to get a ticket. I really hope someone who missed out on here gets the chance to go. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

Oh I see! I guess that's good in that there's still a chance for people to get a ticket. I really hope someone who missed out on here gets the chance to go. 

Me, too.

And I'm just guessing based on a tiny amount of context. We're all guessing about a lot of things at this point.

Many answers will come once the show starts and people make reports.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rachelharms said:

i phoned the theatre and asked. was told: only through verified fan system - quite categorically ... no not theough box office

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, pienelien said:

i phoned the theatre and asked. was told: only through verified fan system - quite categorically ... no not theough box office

So we don't have to do anything?  We just get notified if we're picked I guess?  What about those that got a code but didn't get tickets?

1 hour ago, pienelien said:

did you ask if it was verified only or would those on standby get a shout

11 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I really hope those of us not going will get a Periscope stream.

Actually, I hope there will not be a periscope stream. And I am saying that as a fan who got excluded (unfortunately). 

The thing is, these shows on Broadway are as intimate as it can get. I sincerely hope that people have the respect and dignity to not look at their cellphones for once (and respect the wish of the artist). These shows are intended to be experienced live in person, not via a screen.

If I were attending the show, and the person sitting next to me would take pictures or intent to film the event, I'd say something to that person and if he/she continued producing audio/video material I hope he/she would get kicked out of the theater.

• Like 5