Captain Chaos

UPDATE!: Bruce on Broadway extended to NOW June 30th 2018

I'm hearing rumours of London in June too?? I wonder if it could stretch for a whole year. 

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Bruce-Springsteens-Broadway-Opening-Raises-More-Than-1-Million-for-BCEFA-20171018

Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS raised $1,030,000 from VIP auctions and sales of opening night tickets to Bruce Springsteen's critically acclaimed Springsteen on Broadway at the Walter Kerr Theatre last week.

Broadway Cares was given exclusive access to 200 front row, orchestra and mezzanine tickets to Springsteen's opening night performance October 12, 2017, and the evening's private after-party. The tickets were made by possible by Springsteen; Jujamcyn Theaters, led by Jordan Roth and Paul Libin; and Jon Landau Management, with the enthusiastic support of Sony Music.

The one-time fundraiser augmented $575,000 in emergenCy Grants that were made this fall to organizations providing immediate assistance after the devastating natural disasters that have ravaged communities in Florida, Texas and Puerto Rico.

"The extraordinary evening of storytelling and performance was surpassed only by the generosity of Bruce Springsteen, Jujamcyn Theaters and our donors," Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS Executive Director Tom Viola said. "As our community - onstage, backstage and in the audience - continues every day to respond to adversity with tangible assistance for those who need it most, the evening reminded us of the impact we as individuals and collectively can have on others. As The New York Times noted about the evening, 'As portraits of artists go, there may never have been anything as real - and beautiful - on Broadway.'"

Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS is one of the nation's leading industry-based, nonprofit AIDS fundraising and grant-making organizations. By drawing upon the talents, resources, and generosity of the American theatre community, since 1988 BC/EFA has raised more than $300 million for essential services for people with AIDS and other critical illnesses across the United States.

Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS is the major supporter of the social service programs at The Actors Fund, including the HIV/AIDS Initiative, the Phyllis Newman Women's Health Initiative and the Samuel J. Friedman Health Center for the Performing Arts. Broadway Cares also awards annual grants to more than 450 AIDS and family service organizations in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and Washington, DC.

For more information, visit Broadway Cares online at broadwaycares.org, at facebook.com/BCEFA, at instagram.com/BCEFA, at twitter.com/BCEFA and at youtube.com/BCEFA.

• Like 1

On 2017-10-17 at 11:06 PM, Graham from Australia said:

Bruce has only had the one life.  What do you expect in a show following the arc of the book and his life?

I already know the arc of his life and I have read his book. I am not a causal fan, but a follower. The point with my previous post is that the show is perfect for a rich causal fan that hasn't heard the stories before and has no problem with paying for the ticket. Me, I have heard the stories many, many times before and find the tickets very expensive, so the show is not perfect for me.

• Like 2

On 10/18/2017 at 8:51 AM, RickW said:

Surely us unverified fans are due a break sometime soon?

Ban any previous purchasers, that would help...

Sorry...new category: Verified non-fans.

"I an effort to expand his audience and win converts, Ticketmaster has announced that verified non-fans will receive priority for tickets for the third leg of Springsteen's Broadway run. Only those who have never bought Springsteen tickets or merchandise will be given an access code for the sale. Due to technical limitations, fans of Bruce Hornsby and Lenny Bruce will likewise be excluded. It is hoped this new policy will allow for increased merchandise sales as, by definitions, attendees will own nothing Bruce branded".

A bloke sitting two rows in front of us got a cancellation. He joined the line at 2pm, was 4th in the line and got a ticket, so I really think it is worth giving it a go if you are close enough to NYC, @BrilliantDisguise @rosiejaneymaryand others!!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Ann Jones said:

A bloke sitting two rows in front of us got a cancellation. He joined the line at 2pm, was 4th in the line and got a ticket, so I really think it is worth giving it a go if you are close enough to NYC, @BrilliantDisguise @rosiejaneymaryand others!!

That’s encouraging! Thank you! 

On 10/17/2017 at 12:19 AM, 65pacecar said:

Cincinnati Music Hall would be a great stop.  Ranks  acoustically as one of the finest performance venues in the world.  I would love to see Bruce return there.  Also built over a Paupers graveyard and considered one of the most haunted places in America.

800px-Music-Hall-Auditorium-Chandelier.jpg

800px-Music_Hall_Springer_Auditorium.jpg

1024px-Cincinnati-Music-Hall.jpg

That is beautiful!

• Like 1

Does anyone know the approx time Bruce & Patti have been arriving & leaving the theatre?

I’m in NYC in 2 weeks so in the absence of tickets i need to be ‘stage dooring’ to get a glimpse!!

19 minutes ago, SMH77 said:

Does anyone know the approx time Bruce & Patti have been arriving & leaving the theatre?

I’m in NYC in 2 weeks so in the absence of tickets i need to be ‘stage dooring’ to get a glimpse!!

Hi I got there half five and got to the front of the barrier, they arrived 'about' 6. They stop for maybe 10 seconds for photos, no autographs or handshakes

2 hours ago, davemunday said:

Hi I got there half five and got to the front of the barrier, they arrived 'about' 6. They stop for maybe 10 seconds for photos, no autographs or handshakes

My husband is gonna love me....NOT!!

I’m working on a sign, need to make him feel sorry for me with it being my 40th, coming from the UK & having no show tickets!!  Need a selfie at least. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SMH77 said:

I’m working on a sign, need to make him feel sorry for me with it being my 40th, coming from the UK & having no show tickets!!  Need a selfie at least. 

Good luck!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SMH77 said:

Ah, and so the signs begin ... :D

13 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

Ah, and so the signs begin ... :D

A Sign? A sign is not a good sign.

Howard Stern talked on his show this morning about seeing Bruce on Wednesday (?) with Jimmy Kimmel and the wives.  After a long and TMI explanation about how he wasn't able to pee before the show, he went into a positively glowing review of the show.  Went as far as to say that it was one of the most moving evenings of his life.  One of those, "I laughed, I cried" type of reviews.

Also mentioned that Billy Joel and Jim Carrey were in the audience as well.

Steve Martin, Emylou Harris, and Roger Goodell at tonight's show.

2 hours ago, VABOSSFAN said:

Steve Martin, Emylou Harris, and Roger Goodell at tonight's show.

so once again BD and RJM weren't....

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Sad 1

My apologies if the answer to my question is somewhere on the Lake, but does anyone know if you can transfer these tickets via Ticketmaster?  I know that the transfer option isn't available on all tickets, but am wondering if it is an option for the Broadway tickets.