Captain Chaos

UPDATE!: Bruce on Broadway extended to NOW June 30th 2018

Ticketbasterd's  system haven't bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They aren't so stupid.

It's especially build on this way to manipulate the sales. Their relation with Stub Hub is criminal.

When Verified sales is Safe it's impossible to sell tickets on Stub Hub, because you can't get IN.

BRUCE and his Mgt ashame to make a deal with them and you did't have a Fansystem like U2, Pearl Jam, Roger Waters, Metallica and others. 

• Like 1

Just scrolled through all of this and it's really pissed me off. I feel so sorry for those people who got the selected emails and then no codes. I'm seriously pissed off that people are so greedy that they buy tickets they don't intend to use, just so they can make a huge profit. I know people sometimes genuinely can't go on the day, but to put them up for sale straight away, just makes me sick.

I'm genuinely pleased for the Lakers who have got tickets though.

• Like 3

Looks like an extended run will mean more tickets available for more shows

Certainly the opportunity will be there at least, very nice for those who couldn't make it during the Oct/Nov time period

This could be a long run, if Bruce enjoys doing it there is no reason why this "Broadway Run" has to end at any point. 

The theater is no doubt thrilled to be active again, convenient for Bruce and a nearly endless supply of fans wanting to see the event.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, risingaurora said:

The run is extended to Feb. How tedious 

I'll hopefully enjoy the tediousness of it.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, JoanFontaine said:

As far as I can tell, everyone who received a code was able to buy tickets, and were not competing with bots.  In New York tickets are legally transferrable and that's why you see them on secondary sites; so anyone could buy a ticket and sell it and make a profit.  I am sure there are lots of fans (from near and far) who bought tickets knowing that if there is a storm, or they get sick, or something happens and they can't go, they can sell their ticket. 

So if that is the case, what is the VerifiedFan system supposed to do? They may as well just put the whole lot on Stubhub and let the bidding commence. OR just have a regular sale. People are sore because they have been led down a path of registering and getting codes, thinking they have as good a chance (albeit small in reality) as anyone else, and waiting and such, and it's largely been a waste of time. 

Anyway all this bots stuff is baloney - We all know TM just pass the secondary market a bunch of tickets for every show. The bots lie is rolled out to accelerate demand and fans buy tickets quicker.

15 minutes ago, Skin2Skin said:

I think with this extension many people will get to see this. So that's a wonderful thing.

Not sharing your optimist, Diane. Great that they are extending the shows. But if they play all of Dec and Jan still only about the same number of tix available as the first on sale date today. No? 

37 minutes ago, JoanFontaine said:

At a minimum, whoever got a "verified email" but did not get a code, should take their verified email, and send it to this address, with a note that you did not get a code, probably because you have a (Ireland, UK, Italian, ____) phone number, but here is the proof that you are verified, and Ticketmaster should offer you the chance to buy a ticket that they promised:

verifiedfansupport@ticketmaster.com

Joan, thank you for the info. I was verified (UK based) and also did not get a code. I have e-mailed them and included my verified e-mail they sent last night because it feels better than doing nothing. Just frustrating that even if tickets are still available just now, without that code we can do nothing. 

I really hope that they announce if it'll be extended to Europe sometime soon because as much as I love NYC, I'm just not sure I can afford the £500 plane ticket another time :(

• Like 1

so people stress themselves out for hours and days even hoping to get tickets and then less than 4hrs later it gets extended to feb. at this moment i am at boiling point and feel i have lost my respect for bruce,

• Like 4

Seems like this system only served to limit the amount of traffic on the TM site. TM still made their money and with no sign of the site crashing , as far as I know. 

The extended run is somewhat frustrating. 

Had the run ended in November there would be a chance of us getting an E Street Band tour in the summer. 

But with Bruce going from October to February there's no chance a 68 year old is going to take a couple of months off before touring for another year. 

Ah whey, maybe we'll get the final ever E Street Band tour in late 2019/early 2020. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, stevie54uk said:

so people stress themselves out for hours and days even hoping to get tickets and then less than 4hrs later it gets extended to feb. at this moment i am at boiling point and feel i have lost my respect for bruce,

Does seem like Bruce is out of touch with some of his fan base. High ticket prices,  system that prevented most of his fans from even trying to get tickles...

Then suddenly more dates.  Like the first 2 months were not going to sell out. 

• Like 3

but will they just sell the Feb tickets to those already verified for them to go a second time OR will they let the unverified and unwashed standby people go???

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Horley2 said:

Not sharing your optimist, Diane. Great that they are extending the shows. But if they play all of Dec and Jan still only about the same number of tix available as the first on sale date today. No? 

Still twice as many people get to go, if there are twice as many shows

• Like 1

So on top of the 39 shows announced already, this will run now to February. So we could be talking 80+ shows over just 4 months (assuming he breaks for Christmas).

I think that crazy schedule gives a pretty good indication as to the content of these shows. I am seeing way more talking than singing, else the voice would be soon screwed. In a 2 hour show, I am guessing 7 or 8 songs maximum.

• Like 1

I certainly prefer flying into NYC in the fall instead the dead of winter.

3 minutes ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

Still twice as many people get to go, if there are twice as many shows

I don't see the question answered - do the standby people get a chance or do we have to go into a brand new vierify pool and be overlooked again?

5 minutes ago, Horley2 said:

Seems like this system only served to limit the amount of traffic on the TM site. TM still made their money and with no sign of the site crashing , as far as I know. 

This seems to be the case - they used a separate link, to a separate site and throttled the traffic down with the codes to allow you to finally get to the "Buy Tickets" page, which then led to to another location specific to the day you chose.

How many codes did they pass out?  That's the key question to the "Verified Fan" story. 

They simply may have given out 10,000 codes, with a limit of 2 tickets each to control the traffic on the site.

But truthfully, when large ticket on sale dates arrive, we have almost the exact same posts, complaining about not being able to get in to or out of the site, with purchases crashing, failing, disappearing, ect.

The reality is, a LOT of people will be disappointed, simply due to the number of buyers and the inventory available.  People who want tickets will get shut out no matter what system is used

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CmonMrTrouble said:

FINAL AREA SHOWS

I still have the banner rolled up at home

news_0509_brucegiantsstadium.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, VABOSSFAN said:

I flew into NYC for a January show once...........

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, VABOSSFAN said:

Deb literally texted me the exact same sentence 5 minutes ago.