Captain Chaos

UPDATE!: Bruce on Broadway extended to NOW June 30th 2018

Any international verified fans who didn't get a code please tweet this guy.  He wrote an article today about the problems that happened with this onsale, but he didn't mention what happened to you.  http://observer.com/author/john-bonazzo/

Also - did some research on verified fans.  It has been around since March, and used a handful of times.  It has reduced the number of secondary market tickets to 1% from double digits, which lines up with what we saw earlier today (about 300 tickets on StubHub out of about 30,000 sold). 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Jeroen100 said:

I got a code on my Dutch number in the second wave of texts at 11.02 am EST,  tried a couple of devices and finally was able to purchase a ticket at 11.35 EST

15 minutes ago I could select a $ 850 ticket for the show on fri nov 24 (row B). Didn't buy as to expensive for me.

But ticketmaster did send at least one international number

Thank you for your post and welcome to Greasy Lake. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AMIW said:

onsale next week Thursday the 7th so we have to wait a whole week to see if we are verified and chosen - aarrgghh

I think that is good  - gives them time to sort out the international issue. 

An hour has passed since a representative from TM emailed me and I'm still none the wiser about the Code I was supposed to get this morning to assist me in obtaining a ticket for one of the shows in October

2 minutes ago, JoanFontaine said:

I think that is good  - gives them time to sort out the international issue. 

as long as  they sort out the Internationals inside the US border too :P

It looks like I'm going to try again for sometime in January. I have to do it. I have to see Bruce again... Whatever it takes

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

It looks like I'm going to try again for sometime in January. I have to do it. I have to see Bruce again... Whatever it takes

Way to go!

• Like 1

This might be silly question but are all dates in oct/nov sold out today or will some dates from todays sale still be available next week?

That's me done with this stupidity.  I have no interest in spending what it would cost to go to New York in winter.  I hate winter and as much as I love Bruce it's a lot of money for a night out.  I'm so disappointed how this has been handled.  I would have rather they had just gone on sale as normal.  The most frustrating thing is I have been on Ticketmaster website all afternoon looking at dates I wanted but no access code to access them. I'm beyond pissed off with the whole thing 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, rachelharms said:

Just wait until he tours again with the E Street Band over here instead of stressing out and spending an absolute fortune. 

I've wanted to see him again for a good five years now, just be patient instead of going to extremes. 

• Like 2

Me too. Especially now as a TM representative emailed me about 90 mins ago and they've all gone quiet again since.

Perhaps they think they HAVE sent me a code?

Thing is I have to go to work tomorrow and I have great stories to tell them about my summer but today?!?!?

How on earth do I explain that I sat around with my fone all day as I had been assured of a shot at tickets to a concert in Oct/Nov only to find the code I was meant to receive did not arrive. I could probably explain queueing overnight on the coldest night of the winter without a sleeping bag for the Symphony Hall show in 1996 or Glasgow last year for the pit, but this shit???!?!?!

Especially when there will be folks getting tickets for these very shows tomorrow...

• Sad 1

Update: Tix for new shows will go on sale 9/7. No need to be verified again if you've done so already.

2 minutes ago, NoSurrender81 said:

Horrible. Guess we are never getting a new album again. 

I'm fine with him doing Broadway, if he wants to do it, he can, and I'm not bothered about going as there was no chance from the start I was going to NYC and spending thousands and thousands of pounds to do so. 

But Christ, as I've said, these added dates are shite. It's just pushing everything back that would actually benefit all fans rather than just those who can afford Broadway. As you say, a new album happening looks nonexistent, a solo one might drop at some point in the next two years but I very much doubt we'll see another E Street Band album. And at this rate we probably won't get an E Street Band tour again until late 2019/mid 2020. And I thought the wait for Game of Thrones season 8 was going to be long. 

People have been slated for saying how gutted they are about Broadway, and hell, I might have done some slating myself given I made a stupid poll about it, but for those with no interest it feels like Bruce isn't doing anything at all. And where's the fun in that?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, jukeblue said:

Me too. Especially now as a TM representative emailed me about 90 mins ago and they've all gone quiet again since.

Perhaps they think they HAVE sent me a code?

Thing is I have to go to work tomorrow and I have great stories to tell them about my summer but today?!?!?

How on earth do I explain that I sat around with my fone all day as I had been assured of a shot at tickets to a concert in Oct/Nov only to find the code I was meant to receive did not arrive. I could probably explain queueing overnight on the coldest night of the winter without a sleeping bag for the Symphony Hall show in 1996 or Glasgow last year for the pit, but this shit???!?!?!

Especially when there will be folks getting tickets for these very shows tomorrow...

I have to be honest I'm beyond pissed off. I wouldn't have minded one bit if I hadn't been 'selected'. It's the 'selected' and then the fuck you that really pisses me off.

7 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I'm fine with him doing Broadway, if he wants to do it, he can, and I'm not bothered about going as there was no chance from the start I was going to NYC and spending thousands and thousands of pounds to do so. 

But Christ, as I've said, these added dates are shite. It's just pushing everything back that would actually benefit all fans rather than just those who can afford Broadway. As you say, a new album happening looks nonexistent, a solo one might drop at some point in the next two years but I very much doubt we'll see another E Street Band album. And at this rate we probably won't get an E Street Band tour again until late 2019/mid 2020. And I thought the wait for Game of Thrones season 8 was going to be long. 

People have been slated for saying how gutted they are about Broadway, and hell, I might have done some slating myself given I made a stupid poll about it, but for those with no interest it feels like Bruce isn't doing anything at all. And where's the fun in that?

2019. Bruce will be 70! :( 

That would be 3 years w/o me seeing the ESB. :o

54 minutes ago, AMIW said:

onsale next week Thursday the 7th so we have to wait a whole week to see if we are verified and chosen - aarrgghh

Hi Andrew being lazy here, is the sale for those who were already verified, standby or those that were ignored? Thanks

Fool proof, can't fail, official, Bruce on Broadway back up plan. We just need 1 ticket between the lot of us..... Who's in?

IMG_9087.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just as the pain from the initial kick in the nuts has faded, Ticketmaster would like to invite the whole world back to participate in a further clusterfuck.....

IMG_9092.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, davemunday said:

Hi Andrew being lazy here, is the sale for those who were already verified, standby or those that were ignored? Thanks

dear santa - I am trying to find out for all Aliens currently inside the US border :o

2 minutes ago, Horley2 said:

2019. Bruce will be 70! :( 

That would be 3 years w/o me seeing the ESB. :o

And at that age will they even bother touring? Of course there's money to be made from a Farewell Tour, and obviously Bruce is in great condition fitness wise, but who knows what may have happened in two-three years time. 

Bruce might finish these Broadway shows having really enjoyed them and want to do more, and when Stevie's outright saying in interviews that nowadays he's on holiday/pilot mode whilst the band are touring, these 70 year olds might just not see the point of the hassle of touring anymore, they've achieved what they've wanted, will have enough money (even though these current prices aren't reflective of that) and might want to do their own thing. 

Is this is a definitive ending point in the history of the E Street Band? Possibly.