CosmicKid

Welcome to the new Greasy Lake

2 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

I have found a very, very serious fault to the new Greasy Lake, in the "Songs Database" the letter...K is missing :o

I thought Mr K would like to know :lol: 

I think you better fix it fast before a certain New Zealand fan who likes Kitty's Back finds out :D

By God, you're right! I will get it fixed tomorrow.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CosmicKid said:

Would those of you who are having trouble with links try to go to the bottom of the page and see if you can change the theme. If you can do that, try to change it to IPS Default. Let me know how it goes.

9 hours ago, misty rain said:

Now, if I go on my laptop first, and change the theme to IPS Default, then sign on my Kindle in mobile mode, the Kindle comes up in the IPS Default theme, and the links work. So, it seems you are on the right track thinking it's connected to the theme.

I am able to change the theme in tablet mode and, yes, in IPS Default mode it all works.

Except my eyes! I find the GL by night theme much friendlier, so will stick to the desktop option for now

• Like 2

On 05/07/2017 at 3:54 PM, CosmicKid said:

I'm not sure I understand. That function never went anywhere. If you click the white circle on the left hand side of a topic, it takes you to the first unread post. At least it does for me.

I'm so pleased to have learnt what the stars and dots are for - really useful!!

• Like 4

19 hours ago, CosmicKid said:

By God, you're right! I will get it fixed tomorrow.

K's back...K's back ..K's back  K's back :lol:

• Like 2

When using Greasy Lake by Day or Night, the reply box is missing some functions.  If I use IPS Default everything is all there.

10 hours ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

When using Greasy Lake by Day or Night, the reply box is missing some functions.  If I use IPS Default everything is all there.

What functions are missing and what device are you using? Everything is there in both themes when I check on my pc.

I have made some minor changes that may - but probably won't - affect the link clickability on some devices. Please try again if you've been having trouble.

1 hour ago, CosmicKid said:

I have made some minor changes that may - but probably won't - affect the link clickability on some devices. Please try again if you've been having trouble.

I am using a Chromebook.  I have Bold, Italic, Underline, Link, Quote, Emoticon, Bulleted, Numbered and Preview with By Day and By Night.  Everything else is missing (size, color).

30 minutes ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

I am using a Chromebook.  I have Bold, Italic, Underline, Link, Quote, Emoticon, Bulleted, Numbered and Preview with By Day and By Night.  Everything else is missing (size, color).

Although I didn't seem to have that problem myself, I found a setting that I think took care of the problem. Don't know why the setting was different for the customized skins. Probably Mikey messed it up.

4 minutes ago, CosmicKid said:

Although I didn't seem to have that problem myself, I found a setting that I think took care of the problem. Don't know why the setting was different for the customized skins. Probably Mikey messed it up.

It looks different, but it's still missing.

Mikey!

rzV6AM.gif

When using my Kindle I have use desktop thing every time, but that is ok.

1 hour ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

I hadn't thought to check. Same here, on my iPad.

• Like 1

You're all such troublemakers!

I think the missing options is on purpose on little screens such as iPhones and iPads, and maybe the system thinks a Chromebook is a tablet or a phone, but why the difference between the default skin and the customized once, I simply don't know. It's not a conscious choice on my part.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosmicKid said:

I think the missing options is on purpose on little screens such as iPhones and iPads, and maybe the system thinks a Chromebook is a tablet or a phone, but why the difference between the default skin and the customized once, I simply don't know. It's not a conscious choice on my part.

I have no idea what anyone is taking about, :)happy that it works.:) Thank you. :)

• Like 2

yes stop bothering Karsten just click on the it’s link and all will be fine....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CosmicKid said:

innocent0002.gif

• Like 1

On 7/8/2017 at 10:17 AM, CosmicKid said:

Sharks have really custom skin

1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

Has the @ thingy stopped working?

I've just noticed a few odd things happening.  Couldn't reply on one thread...couldn't properly embed a video and trouble moving back or forward a page on a couple threads.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BillyB said:

I've just noticed a few odd things happening.  Couldn't reply on one thread...couldn't properly embed a video and trouble moving back or forward a page on a couple threads.

There have been a few hiccups today as I implemented our new SSL certificate. I think everything has been fixed, but let me know if you experience any other abnormalities.

Anyway, the SSL certificate makes all data you send and receive from GL encrypted, which makes the site more secure.

• Like 3

SSL stands for Sharks Swim Lazily - I blame Mikey for the problems.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

Has the @ thingy stopped working?

@janeymarywendy I never knew how that worked. I got it now. Thats you teaching me something techie!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CosmicKid said:

There have been a few hiccups today as I implemented our new SSL certificate. I think everything has been fixed, but let me know if you experience any other abnormalities.

Anyway, the SSL certificate makes all data you send and receive from GL encrypted, which makes the site more secure.

Whatever you did worked.  Eileen can no longer log in :D :ph34r:

• Like 1