Greasy Lake Community

The Manchester United thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

United now lit up, a shot from behind the Best Law Charlton statue. 

This is a bit harsh I thought.     

Posted Images

2 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Congratulations Bristol City, they were absolutely fantastic. A good old fashioned cup tie from start to finish. Fair play to them. But we would have stuffed them in extra time! 

Shame your manager wasn't so magnanimous. Calling them lucky repeatedly.

Nothing lucky about it. 

2 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Congratulations Bristol City, they were absolutely fantastic. A good old fashioned cup tie from start to finish. Fair play to them. But we would have stuffed them in extra time! 

Is that the first time Fergie-time has gone against united?

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:00 PM, davemunday said:

Is that the first time Fergie-time has gone against united?

fergie time bites Bustop in the bum again

9 hours of footie end with a GLORIOUS Leicester goal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Should have wrapped that game up tonight well before the end. But the fact we are still clear in 2nd place shows that everyone bar City has much bigger problems than we do. Plenty of room for improvement in the second half of the season....

Nonsense. Chelsea for one will go past you this season.

The biggest problem outside of not being good enough will be the toxic environment Maureen will be creating in the club.

20 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Nonsense. Chelsea for one will go past you this season.

The biggest problem outside of not being good enough will be the toxic environment Maureen will be creating in the club.

Everyone can see we have huge room for improvement in the second half of the season. Fair play to Chelsea if they improve a lot more than we do. 

18 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Everyone can see we have huge room for improvement in the second half of the season. Fair play to Chelsea if they improve a lot more than we do. 

There is a need to improve. I doubt there is the desire or mindset to. I certainly doubt there is the right environment to encourage the change in attitude required.

On 23/12/2017 at 10:00 PM, Captain Chaos said:

Maureen's in game management was a bit useless today wasn't it.

Slagging his players off again after. Wonder who your next manager will be?  

Spot on Captain, I do not feel any better saying I told you so, but you are correct, this is exactly what happened at Madrid and Chelsea, stupid players to blame...the end is near.

Jose’s comments about City spending striker money on full backs came a day too early after LFC spending £75 million on a centre back. 

Jose must be delighted as this has played into his hands with getting the money he needs. The only benefit of City winning the league is it compels United to react. It resonates more than in London or Merseyside.

And in the modern post-Neymar football world the only way to stop City is going to be through spending every penny which we earn. I knew £90 million for Pogba would seem cheap, and today it does! 

With City unofficially winning the league, the betting without them is now interesting.

Probably about right too with LFC, Chelsea and Arsenal all having to go to Old Trafford in the 18 remaining games and United’s only away trip from these teams is Wembley for Spurs. 

46F50BD7-2956-4FFD-B020-98FE2EAE3AD9.jpeg

4 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Jose’s comments about City spending striker money on full backs came a day too early after LFC spending £75 million on a centre back. 

Jose must be delighted as this has played into his hands with getting the money he needs. The only benefit of City winning the league is it compels United to react. It resonates more than in London or Merseyside.

And in the modern post-Neymar football world the only way to stop City is going to be through spending every penny which we earn. I knew £90 million for Pogba would seem cheap, and today it does! 

Mourinho is toxic. Post Ferguson seemingly world class players continually fail badly or fall short of expectation.

90m for Pogba who got bossed at Bristol City? Di Maria?

I actually saw a United fan claim that Di Maria should be excluded from the spend figure because he "never really settled". Typical United bellendery.

Whilst United fans bang on about spend they conveniently ignore what Pep does at City - makes players who have struggled to hit the heights become world class. Only a United fan could link a club paying 75m for a central defender into a positive for Maureen. He is no longer the best in the business and his blame culture may not sit well for too long. They have been beaten not just by City in recent weeks but by Bristol City too whilst dropping points against luminaries like Leicester and Burnley. Because they haven't spent enough??? 

There is a cultural problem at United and it will lead to a further fall away from the success of the Bacon Faced Alkies era.

Chelsea will overtake them this year and I'd not rule out clubs like Spurs or Liverpool doing it either.