Sign in to follow this  
doesthisbusstop

The Manchester United thread

On 6/19/2020 at 6:04 PM, The Chicken Man said:

his of course does not hide the fact that, Martial, just not good enough. 

What were you saying?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Well that was like a training session in every means possible. 5 subs made all at once. An absolute stroll. 

The start of the game was quite good though. 

Martial on his day can be exceptional. He needs greater competition for places than he has had in the last few years and I think he will get that next season which might just finally bring out the best in him. 

10 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

What were you saying?

I stand by it....looks disinterested most of the time. Capable yes, but not consistent enough, United have needed a goalscorer since sacking off Lukaku and Sanchez.

Greenwood is better than Martial and Rashford combined.

1 hour ago, The Chicken Man said:

Greenwood is better than Martial and Rashford combined.

Not yet he isn’t. But in 7 years time he will only be 25. That is some prospect. 

4 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Not yet he isn’t. But in 7 years time he will only be 25. That is some prospect. 

disagree, better finisher, better passer, quicker, more aware of whats around him.

Man utd make 8 changes but still no place for Phil Jones in the 20 :(

Can we please have a Norwich win, masterminded by a towering performance by ex-York player Ben Godfrey, prompting Barcelona to buy him for many millions of pounds.

Surely not too much to ask.

Would be a decent result if they can lift either the FA or Europa and I’ve a feeling they might. I’m going to stick with my opinion their manager isn’t good enough to take them further than that though. 

Poor game. No fluidity with the 8 changes and then the farcical 6 subs. Please god bring back real football next season. 

I suppose the mass turnover of players at least gave most the squad a good share of minutes and keeps them all ticking over. A lot of the early games have felt like pre season matches so far. 

On 6/26/2020 at 2:23 PM, Perisic said:

Busstop where you at

Fair play to you matey, I’ve been home and away through 13 premier league titles. It’s great isn’t it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

The only game I forgot there wasn’t a crowd was Chelsea City 

True that. It was a fantastic game. 

Probably his worst game today since he signed but it begs the question why did we not sign him last summer and instead waited until January. 

822AC441-0377-4AA3-834E-F77F59EB4CC4.jpeg

6 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Probably his worst game today since he signed but it begs the question why did we not sign him last summer and instead waited until January. 

822AC441-0377-4AA3-834E-F77F59EB4CC4.jpeg

He’s great fun to watch but I’ve still got this feeling he’ll ultimately frustrate. That shoot on sight thing could get tired.

Very creative though. 

• Haha 1

I’ve only just read that the Europa quarters semi and final will be one off games now all taking place in Germany. That makes it more winnable with only three games. 

FA cup is going to be tough to win now but we can take confidence from having beaten Chelsea and City both three times each already this season. 

Draw for both remaining tournaments on July 10th

and you have to play the second leg against LASK first so if they win 6 0 then no trip to Germany for you :)

Spoiler

Quality performance start to finish. Greenwood’s best performance in the first team so far. The attack now looks breathtaking at times and Ole still wants to add Sancho. 

13 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Quality performance start to finish. Greenwood’s best performance in the first team so far. The attack now looks breathtaking at times and Ole still wants to add Sancho. 

pleasing in parts, but Rashford and Martial need to show more, both of them failed to influence the game. Brighton were poor, Fernandez is class. How you can call that attack breathtaking is beyond me. The days of being rubbish are probably in the past, but 3/4 players away from being serious contenders. 

James (my pet hate) is just appalling.

2 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

On paper that attacking line up is ridiculously good.

Paper? Rashford and Martial were statues, Rashford is rubbish out wide, and Martial has a monk on 9 times out of 10.

Greenwood is better than them both and I stand by that.