Sign in to follow this  
doesthisbusstop

The Manchester United thread

16 minutes ago, The Chicken Man said:

pleasing in parts, but Rashford and Martial need to show more, both of them failed to influence the game. Brighton were poor, Fernandez is class. How you can call that attack breathtaking is beyond me. The days of being rubbish are probably in the past, but 3/4 players away from being serious contenders. 

James (my pet hate) is just appalling.

I said breathtaking at times. Still plenty of room for improvement, particularly Mason who is just beginning to show what he can achieve in his career. And yes we are 3 or 4 big signings away from challenging but when we do it will be for a good few years to come with the age of the squad. 

Just now, doesthisbusstop said:

I said breathtaking at times. Still plenty of room for improvement, particularly Mason who is just beginning to show what he can achieve. And yes we are 3 or 4 big signings away from challenging but when we do it will be for a good few years to come with the age of the squad. 

Why 3/4 years....Sancho/Grealish and AN Other up front, ready to go next season.

it will be an interesting offseaso (which might only be a few weeks long) as there is definitely fat to cut in the squad. the nbc commentator mentioned that they had used 28 different players

in the league this season and that is not counting the players out on loan sanchez, smalling, rojo fosu-mensah, perreira (the goalie) and henderson 

1 minute ago, The Chicken Man said:

Why 3/4 years....Sancho/Grealish and AN Other up front, ready to go next season.

I didn’t say in 3/4 years time. I said we will be challenging for several years to come as in year in year out, with a few very strong additions to this team this summer. 

You need a new keeper. De Gea is starting to decline and whilst Romero maybe the best number 2 in the PL he’s probably not your right number 1. 

Maguire is average and I don’t think Shaw is good enough either. Wan Bissaka is class.

Stick a top class CB alongside slab head and bring in quality left back and keeper and you should challenge.

Having Pogba and Fernandes alone guarantees you win games you’ve drawn or lost in recent seasons. 

Definitely the biggest season ahead for De Gea since he joined the club. I would seriously bring back Dean Henderson from Sheff United and sell Romero and then see if De Gea is consistent enough to be the No.1. If neither of them rise to the challenge then buy a new keeper next summer. 

Without doubt, defence is very weak, good enough to get through most games in this weak league, but this eventually will be the part of the team that lets you down when it really matters, much room for improvement.

2 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Without doubt, defence is very weak, good enough to get through most games in this weak league, but this eventually will be the part of the team that lets you down when it really matters, much room for improvement.

Agree that’s the area most needed of strengthening. If Pogba and Bruno hit it off next season and Mason continues to progress (and fill out physically as he has done this season) we won’t have any problems going forward. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Agree that’s the area most needed of strengthening. If Pogba and Bruno hit it off next season and Mason continues to progress (and fill out physically as he has done this season) we won’t have any problems going forward. 

but it isnt is it, only scouse and the foxes have conceded less, its up front where the United have struggled, not enough goals from midfield or the front men.

Striker, is the priority as the creativity is definitely now there 

but as a non man utd fan at least the football they are now playing is much much better than when the useless one was there, fair play to ole, i didnt expect much from him but at moment he is proving me wrong, the game needs competition at the top, i expect Chelsea to compete next season as well, think Spurs may get left behind.

not as good as the united  side I saw at Liverpool in 71, Best, Law,Charlton and an under rated Brian Kidd, Charlton scored a cracker I remember, was in the Kop and all 4 goals went in at that end

1 hour ago, stevie54uk said:

not as good as the united  side I saw at Liverpool in 71, Best, Law,Charlton and an under rated Brian Kidd, Charlton scored a cracker I remember, was in the Kop and all 4 goals went in at that end

I also saw that Manchester United team of 1971 at full strength, knocked out of the League Cup at the semi-final stage at Villa Park in front of a crowd of 62,500.  Villa at the time were in the old third division, and that night, me 10 years old sitting next to my dad in the old Trinity Road stand, will stay forever etched in my memory.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

2 hours ago, stevie54uk said:

Seen the wonderful goals of that game on TV so many times. The last brilliance of the 68 European champions that was to finish 18th in 72-73 and then relegated in 21st place the season after that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Chicken Man said:

only scouse and the foxes have conceded less, its up front where the United have struggled, not enough goals from midfield or the front men.

Good point about so few goals conceded. Had to look it up to believe it. And Leicester have no longer conceded fewer goals than us either after their loss today. 

14 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Good point about so few goals conceded. Had to look it up to believe it. And Leicester have no longer conceded fewer goals than us either after their loss today. 

which is why the defence is not in need of major surgery, 3 out of the back 4 are nailed on starters, id like them to go for Declan Rice and play in at centre half, but think he will end up at Chelsea. He wont drop De Gea either, so Henderson will have to wait...but he is very very good.

Busstop will be happy pubs reopen AND manu spanking Bournemouth

• Like 1

They've looked great going forward since the restart, no surprise there it was coming. Maguire though lol I enjoyed that one. They need to nail some transfers and keep the right players and in a couple of year they'll be right up there. Hate to say it but Bruno what a player. 

Baily thinks it is a basketball game

I have a feeling Mason Greenwood is going to be the most valuable forward in the world by the time he reaches 21. 

Pleasing at times, good goals, still not enough in general play from Rashford and Martial.  Niether should ever start above Greenwood.

De Gea needs a good kick up the arse.

2 hours ago, The Chicken Man said:

Pleasing at times, good goals, still not enough in general play from Rashford and Martial.  Niether should ever start above Greenwood.

De Gea needs a good kick up the arse.

If we sign Sancho then it’s going to be some fight next season for the front three positions that’s for sure. 

Pogba and Bruno might enjoy seniority over free kicks at the moment but Mason is lethal and takes them with either foot. I’ve never seen a footballer so equally strong with either foot. People think he is left footed but to take penalties and 25 yard free kicks with his right foot the way he does from a dead ball situation is just taking the piss. Phenomenal talent. 

Once again "The Donkey" does not disappoint and makes life difficult for his team mates, he is a total joke and accident just waiting to happen, luckily his forwards dug him out, but that will not always be the case, in theory his signing was good as that is what they badly required and have missed for some time, I think the plan was that he would do for them what Van Dijk did for Liverpool, unfortunately it is like comparing a Donkey with a Thoroughbred.

Just add that the young guy up front strikes the ball very sweetly and very hard and very early, a nightmare for keepers, hope he keeps injury free and maintains his progress.

Greenwood absolute class.

Maguire is seriously going backwards. The price tag is bonkers. 

I’ll not start worrying till they look like they might actually win it though.

On 7/4/2020 at 7:36 PM, doesthisbusstop said:

I have a feeling Mason Greenwood is going to be the most valuable forward in the world by the time he reaches 21. 

Hah, I told a mate of mine that in a couple of years it'll be a Greenwood vs Mbappe debate when talking about the best striker in the world. A lot can happen in a couple of years though but he sure has the potential.

• Like 1