Greasy Lake Community

The Manchester United thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

United now lit up, a shot from behind the Best Law Charlton statue. 

62 years ago this afternoon, Munich air crash.  Average age of the Busby Babes just 22.  They were already back to back league champions and had just reached the European cup semi final the day be

Posted Images

Really poor performance today. As usual it’s a crisis when we have our bad patch in the season. The reality is if we were as bad as we were today we would be mid table, so thankfully whilst we are awful at the moment, unbelievably awful, we are still only a point off second place. Doesn’t say much for the season the rest are having. 

It’s hilarious reading all these excited posts about united in crisis. It’s great to see that united drawing and losing still gives rival fans (and others) so much joy. I can only imagine the imense pain it caused for 25 years! 

I get why LFC and Tranmere fans have been posting like crazy over Xmas during our bad patch and it’s typical why some were not posting at all earlier in the season when we were 2nd. Best to ignore us just in case. 

Lots to get excited about now for all you Kloppites / ABU’s, I mean they have finished above us twice in 26 seasons after all. 

Not this year CC ! Now the spin about him signing an extension to his contract that expires Summer 2019. He will be off this Summer without a doubt. The meltdown that usually comes through in Season Three has already started. He must be absolutely hating the whole Pep thing down the road. He'll walk, for sure. Horribly toxic individual. Just awful. Past his sell by date.....I could go on !

2 hours ago, Royston Vasey said:

Not this year CC ! Now the spin about him signing an extension to his contract that expires Summer 2019. He will be off this Summer without a doubt. The meltdown that usually comes through in Season Three has already started. He must be absolutely hating the whole Pep thing down the road. He'll walk, for sure. Horribly toxic individual. Just awful. Past his sell by date.....I could go on !

Welcome back Rotten Johnny, yet another user name I see! Why not stick with just one user name?! RJ was a good one :D

Classic Jose interview having a pop at Conte “At least I’ve never been involved with match fixing’. Love it! He’s getting that arrogance back and is up for the fight. 

Eventually safely through to Round 4, Lingard is on fire. Rashford ridiculously wasteful. He should have had 4 at least tonight. 

1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Welcome back Rotten Johnny, yet another user name I see! Why not stick with just one user name?! RJ was a good one :D

Classic Jose interview having a pop at Conte “At least I’ve never been involved with match fixing’. Love it! He’s getting that arrogance back and is up for the fight. 

Eventually safely through to Round 4, Lingard is on fire. Rashford ridiculously wasteful. He should have had 4 at least tonight. 

Yes, that admirable arrogance that saw him jabbing fingers into eyes. Or the stuff that saw Hazard, arguably the best "number 10" in the league go on strike.

Shame it can't close the gap on City.

Great to see Lukako striking in the key goals.

Thats what you pay that cash for. 

7 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Yes, that admirable arrogance that saw him jabbing fingers into eyes. Or the stuff that saw Hazard, arguably the best "number 10" in the league go on strike.

Shame it can't close the gap on City.

Great to see Lukako striking in the key goals.

Thats what you pay that cash for. 

A genuine question. Is the feeling of seeing a team lose or a manager fail as exciting as seeing your team win? Don’t get me wrong I laugh myself silly when LFC lose and I always hope they win nothing (it’s been a wonderful 12 years) but it pales dramatically in comparison to the buzz of seeing the team I love win. Personally, I would have no interest in football without that buzz every week. 

12 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Wonderful response from Mourinho.

Well spotted on Rotten Johnny, also known as The Purple Helmet.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

A genuine question. Is the feeling of seeing a team lose or a manager fail as exciting as seeing your team win? Don’t get me wrong I laugh myself silly when LFC lose and I always hope they win nothing (it’s been a wonderful 12 years) but it pales dramatically in comparison to the buzz of seeing the team I love win. Personally, I would have no interest in football without that buzz every week. 

No. Nothing beats seeing my team win.

Seeing United fade away is undeniably fantastic though. 

4 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Apologies in that case. We could do with a few more united fans posting on the united thread! 

What are you talking about? You have no problem going to the Liverpool thread and trash talk.

Man City thread has 687 post and I'm the only fan that post there.

On 06/01/2018 at 11:05 AM, Brown Eyed Boy said:

Well spotted on Rotten Johnny, also known as The Purple Helmet.

So Chubby Brown, Rotten Johnny and the apposite eponymous name are all one and the same?

anyone (other than Busstop) remember james Wilson - he Is in Man U's premier league squad even though he hasn't played a game in 3 years! well they just loaned him to Sheff Utd - he apparently played for brighton in 2016 but has just been collecting a paycheck the past 2 seasons - nice work if you can get it