Greasy Lake Community

The Manchester United thread

Marcus sorts out PM

Rashford holds 'good conversation' with PM about food parcels

Footballer and campaigner Marcus Rashford says he has had a "good conversation" with Prime Minister Boris Johnson about food parcels for children in England. 

He tweeted: "Just had a good conversation with the Prime Minister. 

"He has assured me that he is committed to correcting the issue with the food hampers and that a full review of the supply chain is taking place. He agrees that images of hampers being shared on Twitter are unacceptable."

Food parcels have been sent to pupils in England who would normally be eligible for free school meals while schools are closed during the coronavirus lockdown.

There was an outcry after Rashford shared images of the contents of the parcels on his Twitter feed, adding they were "just not good enough".

• Like 1
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

United now lit up, a shot from behind the Best Law Charlton statue. 

great kudos to Marcus Rashford, one footballer who dosent forget where he came from https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53042684

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Johan14Cruyff said:

Trent has completely lost all form. Only reason he is playing every week is because our squad is so poor. First eleven is like a Ferrari but scratch away at the rest and it’s bottom half of the table dirge. Looked at Spurs bench last night in amazement.

To be fair the injuries you’ve had are beyond safeguarding against. Apart from Matip I guess. He’s never going to be reliable. I’m a huge Klopp fan but I do agree with those who think he’s not helping his side this year. Seems to think the worlds against him. 

4 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

To be honest the conditions could not be better for united to break that long unbeaten home PL record. We’ve won 12 and drawn 3 of our last 15 PL away games, and we are playing at an empty Anfield. But will LFC seriously only take 2 points from their last 12? Intriguing. 

I’d be amazed if you don’t win it. 

8 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

The bookies make LFC evens with united a 13/5 chance to win. But I reckon if both managers were offered a point right now, Klopp would take it before Ole would. 

Hmmm. Point still a better point for you than them though. Liverpool need to win this.

I’m not downplaying you because you are playing such good football at times regardless, but I can only imagine the damage a wily forward like Cavani could do playing against which ever junior CB partners a natural DM at the back on Sunday!

Liverpool look jaded and maybe at the end of their cycle. 

15 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Hmmm. Point still a better point for you than them though. Liverpool need to win this.

I’m not downplaying you because you are playing such good football at times regardless, but I can only imagine the damage a wily forward like Cavani could do playing against which ever junior CB partners a natural DM at the back on Sunday!

Liverpool look jaded and maybe at the end of their cycle. 

Definitely set to be a fascinating battle and one without crowd influence. With City playing their Etihad bogey team Palace in the evening it could be even more important. 

A real missed opportunity there but take a point and move on. LFC v City in two weeks time...
Bruno or Pogba should have won it late on. After all the hype about their weaker defence, it was their attack which seems to have strangely just gone. No threat at all apart from when we looked nervous first 20 mins. 

1 minute ago, doesthisbusstop said:

A real missed opportunity there but take a point and move on. LFC v City in two weeks time...
Bruno or Pogba should have won it late on. After all the hype about their weaker defence, it was their attack which seems to have strangely just gone. No threat at all apart from when we looked nervous first 20 mins. 

They’re missing Fabinho in the middle big time. City should dick them. You should have. Both front threes were crap. Fernandes a passenger too.