Greasy Lake Community

The Manchester United thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

United now lit up, a shot from behind the Best Law Charlton statue. 

Spurs fans:  

Posted Images

Thoroughly deserved victory. Surprising to see “the world’s best keeper” picking the ball out of the back of his net three times.

Loved seeing Robertson trying in vain to catch Greenwood, resorting to shouting at him in an unsuccessful attempt to prevent a goal.

Stilol cannot understand how United won this match, with the donkey at the heart of the defence, he is an accident just waiting to happen, sure he wins a header or two during the match, but he certainly stood out amongst the rest of the players on show...and not for the right reasons.

9 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Stilol cannot understand how United won this match, with the donkey at the heart of the defence, he is an accident just waiting to happen, sure he wins a header or two during the match, but he certainly stood out amongst the rest of the players on show...and not for the right reasons.

Wasn’t he at fault for the 2nd?

26 years ago tonight, Eric’s moment of madness. Pre-social media and pre round the clock sports news, you can only imagine the hysteria if it happened nowadays. 

I was there that night, of course. As I was there for 172 of the 185 games he played for the club. Absolute legend. 

E45EAED6-2D22-45CA-A4D4-CCE999CE252E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Haha 1

Yes. Such a good example.

I actually liked to watch him play.

Is there not a Leicester City thread? I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Does Keith Weller still play for them?

;)

39 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Pep vs Ole down the straight.

United gone too early.

Way too early to be a two horse race. But I hope it turns into one. City will probably be chasing the quadruple and they know United can beat them at Etihad on March 6th. 

6 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Way too early to be a two horse race. But I hope it turns into one. City will probably be chasing the quadruple and they know United can beat them at Etihad on March 6th. 

Maybe Leicester stay in it. Can’t see anyone else getting involved given the various situations and challenges they face.

United will blip soon (I hope!). City have shown they can do it for long periods. CL could distract them. We’ll see. 

23 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

26 years ago tonight, Eric’s moment of madness. Pre-social media and pre round the clock sports news, you can only imagine the hysteria if it happened nowadays. 

I was there that night, of course. As I was there for 172 of the 185 games he played for the club. Absolute legend. 

E45EAED6-2D22-45CA-A4D4-CCE999CE252E.jpeg

Should have kicked him harder. Le Roi. 

21 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Was watching the Ev game. Leicester looked good second half.

Anyway, just seen the Sheff winner. That defending was beyond belief ha ha. 

It was special.

Dreadful result and fully deserved win by Sheff United. For all the good progress in the last few months, this team isn’t ready to win the league. You have to win games like that especially second half of the season. 

2 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Dreadful result and fully deserved win by Sheff United. For all the good progress in the last few months, this team isn’t ready to win the league. You have to win games like that especially second half of the season. 

What was that defending about for their second?