Greasy Lake Community

The Manchester United thread

doesthisbusstop

7 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

McTominay is developing into some player now

Shit, he's developed. Should play all the time with Matic. He can go forward and Matic is happy I bet to hold up the back end. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Shit, hes developed. Should play all the time with Matic. He can go forward and Matic is happy I bet to hold up the back end. 

Matic will be phased out next season but McTominay is growing in stature and presence. He looks like he will be really ready to boss games and move up another level. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Boring game, really surprised West Ham didn’t give it a real go even after going behind. 
McTominay is developing into some player now. Having a very good season and I reckon he will be even stronger next season. 

Yup, once again a Scot saves Man Utd :rolleyes:, but yes you can see the change in him with steady improvement during the season, he plays in a back three for Scotland, and although not ideal for him, I think this has been a factor in his development this season making him a more rounded, responsible and complete player.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Yup, once again a Scot saves Man Utd :rolleyes:, but yes you can see the change in him with steady improvement during the season, he plays in a back three for Scotland, and although not ideal for him, I think this has been a factor in his development this season making him a more rounded, responsible and complete player.

Absolutely. 7 goals already this season so he can be a rare modern day box to box player. At 24 years old now, we will see the best of him over the next 5 years. 

Man U awarded their 37th penalty of the season but the ref loses his win bonus when var points out it was a dive

and as the commentators point out Maguire was offside but no one appears to mention that

• Like 1

Funny season. Feels like United have been flying but they are effectively 4 games off being top when you consider the game in hand. How far will they end up behind City by the end? I’ll go 15 points plus. 

Level with Leicester and just 6 points off a bedraggled Liverpool side. 

8 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Funny season. Feels like United have been flying but they are effectively 4 games off being top when you consider the game in hand. How far will they end up behind City by the end? I’ll go 15 points plus. 

Level with Leicester and just 6 points off a bedraggled Liverpool side. 

MU is funny this year.  On the one hand I look at them and I just don't trust them; I just don't think they are that good.  On the other hand - look at their record.  Then again Tottenham have played absolute shit for a month and are only four points off a top 4 finish.  I've just decided not to overthink it this season; it just doesn't pay.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Patched Tube said:

MU is funny this year.  On the one hand I look at them and I just don't trust them; I just don't think they are that good.  On the other hand - look at their record.  Then again Tottenham have played absolute shit for a month and are only four points off a top 4 finish.  I've just decided not to overthink it this season; it just doesn't pay.

United just aren’t good enough to win the league. A spell without Fernandes would be very difficult for them I think.

• Like 2

On 2/5/2021 at 7:36 PM, robk1 said:

Talking pictures UK are showing the film Cup Fever tomorrow morning. Features the classi 60s  line up ....and my two brothers in the crowd  scenes

I watched this over the last few nights. It is quite fun . Nice bit with Matt Busby and the United stars....and I think I spotted my brother at the end. It is on again this week?