Greasy Lake Community

The Manchester United thread

doesthisbusstop

Rumours of Haaland bid in the summer. He’s got a £67M release clause which comes in to effect in summer 2022 but apparently Haaland and Sancho will definitely be sold to a CL club this summer if Dortmund fail to make the top 4, which is looking difficult for them. 

Haaland looks a beast of a player and will rip it up in the prem. I reckon Martial and Pogba will leave. 

1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Rumours of Haaland bid in the summer. He’s got a £67M release clause which comes in to effect in summer 2022 but apparently Haaland and Sancho will definitely be sold to a CL club this summer if Dortmund fail to make the top 4, which is looking difficult for them. 

Haaland looks a beast of a player and will rip it up in the prem. I reckon Martial and Pogba will leave. 

Thought City were the pick in terms of where Haaland goes?

He looks unstoppable at times.

3 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Thought City were the pick in terms of where Haaland goes?

He looks unstoppable at times.

Maybe, but Dortmund will squeeze every penny out of it they can. City don’t tend to pay astronomical transfer fees. Astonishingly they seem to be keen on Lukaku. I can’t think of a worse fit for how they play. 

4 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Maybe, but Dortmund will squeeze every penny out of it they can. City don’t tend to pay astronomical transfer fees. Astonishingly they seem to be keen on Lukaku. I can’t think of a worse fit for how they play. 

They seem ok without a striker to be fair. Agree on Lukaku. No way he works at City.

2 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Not after that breakfast I’ve just put paid to!

It was 10 length clear after the last fence, then the tank emptied....it just hung on to win by a head..phew!

Nice price 10/1 ( I had a fiver on it )

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/2021-02-20/ascot/612765/my-oddsboost-on-betfair-swinley-chase-listed-limited-handicap-gbb-race

• Like 2

3 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

It was 10 length clear after the last fence, then the tank emptied....it just hung on to win by a head..phew!

Nice price 10/1 ( I had a fiver on it )

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/2021-02-20/ascot/612765/my-oddsboost-on-betfair-swinley-chase-listed-limited-handicap-gbb-race

Bloody typical! If you see a horse running called Anyone But United, let me know and I’m lumping on. 

• Haha 2

Horrible first 60 mins to watch and all credit to Newcastle who were the better team. Played really well last 30 mins but just confirmed that we need a pacey centre back and Martial needs to be sold in the summer and upgraded for a more clinical striker. 
Whatever happens, I can’t wait to see the back of playing Thursday - Sunday. It’s a killer playing after everyone else if you want to progress. 

9 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Horrible first 60 mins to watch and all credit to Newcastle who were the better team. Played really well last 30 mins but just confirmed that we need a pacey centre back and Martial needs to be sold in the summer and upgraded for a more clinical striker. 
Whatever happens, I can’t wait to see the back of playing Thursday - Sunday. It’s a killer playing after everyone else if you want to progress. 

Martial has been dreadful all season, but selling him won’t be easy, he’s on massive wages. 

20 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Zlatan returns! United v AC Milan in the Europa. That’s an as exciting a tie as it gets in that competition. 

Bit like the epl, the hype will greatly exceed the actual game, however always worth paying to see Zlatan play.

9 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I think 1-0 united would have been a fairer result but take the point and move on. Played some really good football, particularly first half. I think Chelsea will get into the top 4. 

Good result for MC; 12 points clear with 12 to go; baring something catastrophic that's the league won.  I can see Chelsea top four, you have to think MU will be as well.  Be an interesting fight for West Ham and Chelsea.  I'd kind of like West Ham to stay up in the top four.  They have been playing some good football and for a team pegged to struggle at the beginning of the season  by a lot of commentators that would be a pleasing result.