Greasy Lake Community

The Manchester United thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

United now lit up, a shot from behind the Best Law Charlton statue. 

Posted Images

So if the goal was disallowed because mctoninay hit son in the face why wasn't he booked and therefore sent off?

I my opinion it is either a goal or a sending off... not neither

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

An absolutely stunning second half performance from United. As good as we’ve played all season. Sort our first half performances out and this will be some team. 

If there is a reason to temper your enthusiasm its that MU were playing a "late stage Mourinho" team.  

50 minutes ago, Patched Tube said:

If there is a reason to temper your enthusiasm its that MU were playing a "late stage Mourinho" team.  

The comebacks have been needed far too often. 2nd place is ok and only 4 defeats which is the same as City, but there would have been no unbeaten away record all season without these regular comebacks. 

11 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

The comebacks have been needed far too often. 2nd place is ok and only 4 defeats which is the same as City, but there would have been no unbeaten away record all season without these regular comebacks. 

Eventually even Sinatra was limited in the number of comebacks he could do.

• Haha 1

Van Der Sar favourite for Woodward job which is fantastic news. I’m not sure why he would want to work for the Glazers but if they have any chance of remaining as owners it would be the first shrewd move of their entire tenure. 

Edwin only turned the Director of Football job down with United last time as he didn’t want to have to report into Woodward, as he is in a CEO role at Ajax. 

• Like 1
On 4/20/2021 at 7:43 PM, Jimmy James said:

Manchester United are the only club who have ever been in the Champions League, Europa League and European Super League in the same season.

And Jose Mourinho is the only manager to be fired in ESL history which I think is just marvelous.  

I know it has been a while since Man U got their regular penalty a game but you think that Bruno would be wearing a pair of boots that had studs that would stop him falling over in the penalty area so often;)

• Like 1