Greasy Lake Community

The Manchester United thread

21 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I hope Pogba demands higher wages and signs a new 6 year contract. Need to keep him here for as many years as possible. 

YUP!!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

United now lit up, a shot from behind the Best Law Charlton statue. 

62 years ago this afternoon, Munich air crash.  Average age of the Busby Babes just 22.  They were already back to back league champions and had just reached the European cup semi final the day be

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, C4G said:

Well, a goal every other game & two FA Cups.............and best Arse player in years.

And Liverpool players?

: Mané - 1 in 2 1/2. Not won anything since  Austrian cup in 2014.

: Firminho - 1 in 3. Never won anything!

: Salah - 1 in 1.25 games. Has medals from Chelski but hardly played.

: Sturridge - almost 1 in 2. Won stuff with Chelski, nothing since. Injured more than not, looking to leave.

: Couthinho - 1 in 4. Has a couple of medals with Inter about 8 years ago. Left to try and win something.

:Lallana - 1 in 5. Won a (very) minor trophy with Southampton 8 years ago.

: Danny Ings - HaHaHaHa Ha :)

Lots of style, no substance.

You were saying??

Why are you talking about Liverpool players?

What does that have to do with the subject? 

8 minutes ago, C4G said:

Well, a goal every other game & two FA Cups.............and best Arse player in years.

And Liverpool players?

: Mané - 1 in 2 1/2. Not won anything since  Austrian cup in 2014.

: Firminho - 1 in 3. Never won anything!

: Salah - 1 in 1.25 games. Has medals from Chelski but hardly played.

: Sturridge - almost 1 in 2. Won stuff with Chelski, nothing since. Injured more than not, looking to leave.

: Couthinho - 1 in 4. Has a couple of medals with Inter about 8 years ago. Left to try and win something.

:Lallana - 1 in 5. Won a (very) minor trophy with Southampton 8 years ago.

: Danny Ings - HaHaHaHa Ha :)

Lots of style, no substance.

You were saying??

So if I ignore the odd ramblings, you’ve signed him to win FA Cups?

Sounds about right.

Hints of desperation by good old Jose to me, I wonder if the whole board backed this decision, if so they may have backed themselves into a corner although credit to them for backing Jose, now he really MUST deliver at the highest level and stop whingeing on about his noisy neighbours, as for it being another Cantona moment nah....he could not lace Eric`s boots.

12 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

as for it being another Cantona moment nah....he could not lace Eric`s boots.

Absolutely right. Eric Cantona was a one-off and there will never be another. I am proud to say that I was there to see every single goal he scored for United at Old Trafford. He scored 82 goals for the club and I only missed 5 of them from away games. Ronaldo was a better player, but Eric was Eric. 

37 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Hints of desperation by good old Jose to me, I wonder if the whole board backed this decision, if so they may have backed themselves into a corner although credit to them for backing Jose, now he really MUST deliver at the highest level and stop whingeing on about his noisy neighbours, as for it being another Cantona moment nah....he could not lace Eric`s boots.

Agreed - although I’d have said that was the case even before the Sanchez deal.

3 hours ago, AMIW said:

must be a quiet day at ESPN they do an article about places up north where Alexis can take his dogs now he doesn't live in London

http://www.espn.com/soccer/blog/the-toe-poke/65/post/3356973/alexis-sanchez-to-manchester-united-but-what-about-his-dogs

He can pop over here too and they can go walkies with Buster :)

Another school mass shooting qualifies as a quiet day?? :o

8 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

It’s becoming clear that a big 6 will not exist in the coming years. It will become a big 3, more like other European leagues. 

Utd, Shiteh, & Chelski?

Arse have been in decline for years.....14 years since last title?

Liverpool? Owners who don't invest (a bit like Utd but Utd earn a shed load more)? Struggle to keep best players (how long til Salah bails)? 28 years since last title? 6 years since last anything ? :)

Spurs?  Decent team atm but won't pay the wages to attract big names. When Kane leaves they are done. Last title was 57 years ago!! Last anything as 10 years.

Not eve sure about Chelski.......when Abramovich loses interest and enough money who knows :)

19 hours ago, C4G said:

Utd, Shiteh, & Chelski?

Arse have been in decline for years.....14 years since last title?

Liverpool? Owners who don't invest (a bit like Utd but Utd earn a shed load more)? Struggle to keep best players (how long til Salah bails)? 28 years since last title? 6 years since last anything ? :)

Spurs?  Decent team atm but won't pay the wages to attract big names. When Kane leaves they are done. Last title was 57 years ago!! Last anything as 10 years.

Not eve sure about Chelski.......when Abramovich loses interest and enough money who knows :)

Yes the big 3, although Conte said yesterday that they cannot compete with City and United in terms of wages and transfer fees so either Abramovich is starting to lose interest in the project or he actually believes that FFP will limit what he can invest in the team in future. I suspect though it’s just his interest in it all that is waning. 

4 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Yes the big 3, although Conte said yesterday that they cannot compete with City and United in terms of wages and transfer fees so either Abramovich is starting to lose interest in the project or he actually believes that FFP will limit what he can invest in the team in future. I suspect though it’s just his interest in it all that is waning. 

23 hours ago, C4G said:

Expensive divorces can distract even billionaires. ;)  You have to figure out how to jettison the current one at lowest cost and find a replacement. So tiresome.

4 hours ago, AMIW said:

axel tuanzebe sent to villa on loan - don't think this was to make room for alexis in Cl squad as miki freed up that spot correct?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42818253

The club have been wanting to get him more game time than he can get in our first team at the moment. A loan spell at a club like Villa will be good for him. A definite future first teamer at united I reckon. Loaning can work - it certainly did for Lingard. 

espn reporting that zlatan wants to spend sometime in LA but rather surprisingly at the Galaxy and not the new team owned by Will Ferrell in the city

would united let him go for the start of the season or would he go half way through the MLS season

personally the galaxy seems a strange choice with their field damaged by the yankeeball team and south of la in an industrial suburb rather than the swanky near downtown la team close to all the movie stars and supermodels

that being said if the galaxy play Atlanta I will go to boo him :D

And it all looked so rosey against Yeovil, Stoke, Everton etc.

One of the big 3 going forward hey? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Flat track bullies who still haven’t beaten a top 4 side. Pathetic performance tonight. This side has no guts no matter how much cash gets splashed on them.

Wonderful stuff. 

• Like 1