Greasy Lake Community

The Manchester United thread

doesthisbusstop

3 minutes ago, Johan14Cruyff said:

Ole to be rewarded with a new three year contract. What a time to be alive. 

I bet he signs on the cheap, have you seen all the managers either resigning or being fired? 

On 5/24/2021 at 9:03 AM, dr winston oboogie said:

And this is in cinemas on Thursday....

never give in.jpg

Watched this last night, absolutely compelling. I liked the way it focused so much on how his “never give in” attitude was born from his anger at being the scapegoat at Rangers and how he channelled that determination at Aberdeen in to overcoming the Celtic-Rangers monopoly in Scotland and then conquering Bayern Munich and Real Madrid to win in Europe. A staggering achievement at Aberdeen. 

The Treble, 13 PL titles (2 of them including CL wins - still unique) is already well documented so it’s great to see so much coverage of his early career. 

A great watch for any football fan to see how the man who Pep described only last week as “the greatest one” was driven to such phenomenal success. 

• Love Love Love! 1

1 hour ago, Johan14Cruyff said:

Any chance of a review regarding last Wednesday? 

You might have to speak up - all I hear are crickets... :D

2 hours ago, Johan14Cruyff said:

Any chance of a review regarding last Wednesday? 

last wednesday ? i think  we are  still waiting for a review of May 13:)

• Haha 1

Actually, I think Burton Albion could be a surprise contender for promotion next season, in the two spells he's been there as manager, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink has done fantastically well for them.  Good place to live if you're a real ale fan too (or it least it used to be).

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to Manchester United, Jadon Sancho. Finally agreed a deal for the 21 year old for £35M less than the fee Dortmund set as their minimum last summer.

Wan Bissaka can now do what he does best, and stay in his own half. 

5 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Welcome to Manchester United, Jadon Sancho. Finally agreed a deal for the 21 year old for £35M less than the fee Dortmund set as their minimum last summer.

Wan Bissaka can now do what he does best, and stay in his own half. 

OK!! how much do you guys have to pay City now? 

1 hour ago, AMIW said:

busstop

presumably that means the two young wingers who looked good at the end of the season will go out on loan?

and daniel james surplus to requirements ?

Yep we have far too many wingers so I’m sure the loan system will help everyone. 

Dan James future might depend on whether any club makes a big offer for Martial. 

James would probably be happy with limited game time as a squad player but Martial will feel he deserves to play as much as Greenwood, Rashford, Cavani and Sancho.

It’s a nice problem to have. 

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely make or break for Ole and his “improvement” mantra. 3rd and then 2nd last two seasons, there really is only close 2nd or 1st to go now for PL improvement. 

I’m expecting PL clubs to get to the latter stages of the CL too. 

Ruben Neves to united is the word. Can’t believe he’s still only 24 years old. Far from the finished article but talented boy and still has potential.

It seems Pogba is off to PSG. That French league will suit him perfectly.