Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

The Manchester United thread


doesthisbusstop
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hmm, where to start with Man Utd just now ?...the last two games have illustrated perfectly what will eventually be their downfall this season, they need to get someone in the dressing room who will kick some backsides into gear, they have once again fallen into the media trap of how great they are, how great a squad they have...and many of them think they just have to turn up to get a result. If they are to get anywhere this season they really need to fix this and fast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, AMIW said:

Truly bizarre ending why bring on a player to take a penalty col when you have 11 on the field who are warm and have two working legs each

Moyes obviously saw how well it worked for England in the Euros so thought he'd give it a try :rolleyes:

To say how much the game has moved on some of the tactics used by todays managers are baffling.

Yes the game may be different in a lot of ways now but the basics remain the same,managers need to realise this & not get drawn into doing stupid things because it's the current fashion.

If you need to bring a player off the bench to kick a ball 18 yards into the net because you think he's better at it than any of the 11 that are out there then you have a serious problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Hmm, where to start with Man Utd just now ?...the last two games have illustrated perfectly what will eventually be their downfall this season, they need to get someone in the dressing room who will kick some backsides into gear, they have once again fallen into the media trap of how great they are, how great a squad they have...and many of them think they just have to turn up to get a result. If they are to get anywhere this season they really need to fix this and fast.

Fair comment, and I think McTominay could develop into the leader this team needs. Great to see him back and his role is pivotal to allow the front players to deliver. The team does have character though, I’ve lost count how many times we’ve gone behind and shown resilience since our last PL away defeat in January 2020. 
It’s the home form that will be crucial to improve. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Fair comment, and I think McTominay could develop into the leader this team needs. Great to see him back and his role is pivotal to allow the front players to deliver. The team does have character though, I’ve lost count how many times we’ve gone behind and shown resilience since our last PL away defeat in January 2020. 
It’s the home form that will be crucial to improve. 

I take your point about the fine away record, but it is almost as if they have to go behind before anyone cares enough, there is just such a lack of urgency so much of the time, Roy Keane would be a perfect fit for this lot IMHO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dr winston oboogie said:

I take your point about the fine away record, but it is almost as if they have to go behind before anyone cares enough, there is just such a lack of urgency so much of the time, Roy Keane would be a perfect fit for this lot IMHO.

Roy Keane’s personality alone would drive this lot to the title. 
The away form is excellent but now 6 of our next 7 games in all comps are at Old Trafford. The early signs are good at home so far this season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/20/2021 at 6:02 AM, dr winston oboogie said:

Hmm, where to start with Man Utd just now ?...the last two games have illustrated perfectly what will eventually be their downfall this season, they need to get someone in the dressing room who will kick some backsides into gear, they have once again fallen into the media trap of how great they are, how great a squad they have...and many of them think they just have to turn up to get a result. If they are to get anywhere this season they really need to fix this and fast.

This !!!!   Needs sorting out urgently or will just continue with same old, same old, and once aging the season will just drift away..

Good to see John McGinn getting MOTM in the game, just the kind of battler Man U do not have just now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Very impressed with Villa, deserved the result for having a real go all game instead of sitting back. Safe to say that if he’s on the pitch, Ronaldo will be taking the next penalty. 

My first thought: Why the hell isn't Ronaldo taking that penalty?? But then I read that Bruno Fernandes actually has a higher conversion rate over the last couple of seasons. Something like 90% to 80%.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

An incredible night. Villarreal must be in disbelief at how they lost that game. They are a decent side, make no mistake. Our makeshift defence on the night looked like they had never played together before, and it really showed. Thankfully De Gea continued his inspired form. It’s been a brilliant reaction from him having been written off in the last year or two. 

In truth, we barely deserved a point let alone all 3. It looked like a defeat when we went behind in the second half. But for the umpteenth time under Solskjaer, we came back from behind to win. Over 38 PL games you cannot be so inconsistent but in the CL cup format, who knows. The knock out stage is still a long way off and this group will go to the wire, but we are in there fighting. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The international break has come at a very good time and the table could have looked a whole lot worse tonight. We were 15th after 7 games last season. 
For a team that hasn’t lost a PL away game for literally ages, the home form needs addressing urgently. The goals against Newcastle and Everton were identical breakaways.

LFC, City and Chelsea coming up soon so will be interesting to see how they play against us. If I was them I’d defend deep and let us have the ball as they would probably win. I don’t understand how home teams don’t do that to us, they might win one. 

 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/2/2021 at 12:12 PM, Johan14Cruyff said:

I’m starting to get nervous for Ole now, especially with the upcoming fixtures in October & November .

After the blowback for not starting "he who must always start" this weekend I'm looking forward to their match against Liverpool late this month.  If Liverpool play 80% as well as they did this weekend and MU puts a statue in the starting line up they will get ripped to shreds.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Patched Tube said:

After the blowback for not starting "he who must always start" this weekend I'm looking forward to their match against Liverpool late this month.  If Liverpool play 80% as well as they did this weekend and MU puts a statue in the starting line up they will get ripped to shreds.  

Bookmarked for October 24th ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...