Greasy Lake Community

The Manchester United thread

doesthisbusstop

The collective sloth of the players continues, this coupled with the car crash that is The Donkey needs to be fixed asap or this club is going nowhere. Yesterday Fernandes and Ronaldo were passengers/spectators, I have great respect for Ronaldo and everything he has done is amazing, but I just wonder now if he is more of a laibility than an asset, while his will to win is still there his workrate is poor for a team game and this aspect seems to be spreading throughout the rest ofthe players.

When the BBC's main Man U fan Phil McNulty starts questioning OGS' suitability for the job, things look bleak for the Baby-faced Assassin.

If past form is anything to go by, Man U will get a win in Europe and an improbable victory against Liverpool to keep Ole at the wheel for another couple of months until the next string of disappointing results and it all starts again.

3 hours ago, bdw said:

When the BBC's main Man U fan Phil McNulty starts questioning OGS' suitability for the job, things look bleak for the Baby-faced Assassin.

If past form is anything to go by, Man U will get a win in Europe and an improbable victory against Liverpool to keep Ole at the wheel for another couple of months until the next string of disappointing results and it all starts again.

Please let it be so.

Most pundits are predicting a comfortable win for LFC tomorrow which in itself tells you we have big problems ahead in the next few weeks, as they are not as good as either City or CFC and we play both very soon. As the old saying goes, you can’t win the title by Xmas but you can sure lose it. 

• Like 2

On 10/23/2021 at 8:38 PM, doesthisbusstop said:

Most pundits are predicting a comfortable win for LFC tomorrow which in itself tells you we have big problems ahead in the next few weeks, as they are not as good as either City or CFC and we play both very soon. As the old saying goes, you can’t win the title by Xmas but you can sure lose it. 

Can’t wait to see what the better teams do against your lot. 

13 hours ago, AMIW said:

just wanted to stop by and say I hope everyone is nice to Mr Busstop in his hour of need

653BE95B-FD2E-4EFA-9269-EC8191C11FA1.jpeg

Hey, Andrew! You've posted, so I will post as well :) I don't even mind you having a chuckle at Neil's expense (he would probably agree with you!).

That looks awfully like a Liverpool scarf though ;)

• Bruuuuce! 1

Sorry to add to your pain Neil, but I have been saying for quite a while now that it was just a matter of time, but I guess you would have wanted it to be by someone else if it had to come. That cancer at the club needs to be cut out.

Obviously an awful result against a team who will probably finish 3rd this season. We are already chasing 4th place at best. As painful as the scoreline was, it is probably better than losing 1-0 as we would still be 8 points behind. 

The manner of the defeat though means change will come sooner and a huge shake up is now needed. This squad is too strong to be churning out performances like we’ve seen this season. Ole has done a decent job in finishing 3rd and then 2nd in the PL but more tactical nouse is needed to take this squad of players further. Everyone realises it now, which is why a 1-0 defeat would have been so much worse in the short to medium term.

I think the club will take their time to consider their options but it’s now a matter of when and not if changes to the management and coaching staff are made.

• Like 4