Greasy Lake Community

The Manchester United thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

United now lit up, a shot from behind the Best Law Charlton statue. 

62 years ago this afternoon, Munich air crash.  Average age of the Busby Babes just 22.  They were already back to back league champions and had just reached the European cup semi final the day be

Posted Images

Congrats to Spurs on the win tonight, was a free hit for us ahead of this weekends games, so no complaints. It’s squeezed up the top 4 race though and will be hilarious if CFC miss out, but I suspect either LFC or Spurs will. I fancy Spurs to get top 4 though. 

• Like 1

Well that was 2-0 going on 5-0 and yes united were lucky to get 0.

Spurs were just soooo far ahead of them in all departments they showed great teamwork,power,skill,determination and desire, just the exact things that have been lacking at united ever since Jose arrived. What a master class of midfield play by Dembele (my man of the match), Pogba (yes he was on the field) could not get near him and will surely use this lesson from a real midfileder to further his education. Only Fellaini and Rashford of the United players MIGHT have made it into the Spurs team. When Spurs play like this they are a sheer joy to watch, in the next transfer window united should swop Sachez and Pogba for Pochettino.

And just what went wrong for United..well there were stupid players who just did not do what they were told.

On your way Jose.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, JimCT said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/pogba-needs-a-rocket-and-sanchez-may-need-to-start-on-the-bench-hl3gzv0nn

Time to dress down Paul Pogba, find a leader and keep spending

Defeat by Tottenham shows Manchester United are now a long way behind City

Cannot argue too much with any of that Jim, looks like he read my post above first.;)

On 1/25/2018 at 2:38 PM, AMIW said:

axel tuanzebe sent to villa on loan - don't think this was to make room for alexis in Cl squad as miki freed up that spot correct?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42818253

On 1/25/2018 at 7:11 PM, doesthisbusstop said:

The club have been wanting to get him more game time than he can get in our first team at the moment. A loan spell at a club like Villa will be good for him. A definite future first teamer at united I reckon. Loaning can work - it certainly did for Lingard. 

And it did for Beckham! Didn't he go out twice??

Yeh, Jose likes Axel but he can't afford to bring on junior players in the first team at the moment, nobody can really because (mainly) of Citeh.

Fosu-Mensah has looked one for the future, and Tabith Chong is very very exciting. Potentially!!.

Back on course to finish 2nd where we have been all season bar a few weeks at the top.

Having finished 6th behind Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and LFC last season it’s important to end this season strongly. If those teams all finish below us, then they are going to have far bigger problems closing the gap to City next season. 

6 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Because they’re so much better than you?

Nope. because their arse injected oil money means few academy graduates get much of a chance these days.

At least Utd still give them the chance. At Citeh they are wasting their time.

On 2/2/2018 at 1:19 PM, JimCT said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/pogba-needs-a-rocket-and-sanchez-may-need-to-start-on-the-bench-hl3gzv0nn

Time to dress down Paul Pogba, find a leader and keep spending

Defeat by Tottenham shows Manchester United are now a long way behind City

Hmmmmmm......but what happens when Guardiola quits for another sabbatical cos he can't deal with the pressure for long?

On 2/1/2018 at 10:18 AM, dr winston oboogie said:

Well that was 2-0 going on 5-0 and yes united were lucky to get 0.

Spurs were just soooo far ahead of them in all departments they showed great teamwork,power,skill,determination and desire, just the exact things that have been lacking at united ever since Jose arrived. What a master class of midfield play by Dembele (my man of the match), Pogba (yes he was on the field) could not get near him and will surely use this lesson from a real midfileder to further his education. Only Fellaini and Rashford of the United players MIGHT have made it into the Spurs team. When Spurs play like this they are a sheer joy to watch, in the next transfer window united should swop Sachez and Pogba for Pochettino.

And just what went wrong for United..well there were stupid players who just did not do what they were told.

On your way Jose.

And yet Utd are 2nd, still in the FAC & CL.

That really fucking hurts you bitter ABU types, doesn't it? :)

So, Utd had 3 relatively crap seasons, eh? Apart from an FA Cup of course.

And then last year.......two trophies and the Charity Shield. Definite upturn but still the bitter criticism. Very sad.

This year? Second most of the way, best defence, most clean sheets, second best goal difference, 3rd most goals, still bringing through academy players........oh, the bitterness never stops does it? And how we laugh at ya!! :)

Sure, Citeh, with their oil bought team are very good (football-wise, but still they've bought their way there with arse injected oil money and that oil money hasn't brought on any academy players, has it?) but Pep will fold with the pressure.

Oh, and when did Pep ever do anything without a load of good players and a shed load of money to buy more??

So, I love my team (even with it's faults) but you lot? You're more concerned with Utd than your own team........which is very sad and really very funny :)

36 minutes ago, C4G said:

Hmmmmmm......but what happens when Guardiola quits for another sabbatical cos he can't deal with the pressure for long?

Pep will do everything in his power to claw back the title deficit of 20-4 to......20-5. Maybe even reduce it to 20-6. But fear not, this will be no epic turnaround of 18-7 proportions. 

1 hour ago, C4G said:

And then last year.......two trophies and the Charity Shield. Definite upturn but still the bitter criticism. Very sad.

This year? Second most of the way, best defence, most clean sheets, second best goal difference, 3rd most goals, still bringing through academy players........oh, the bitterness never stops does it? And how we laugh at ya!! :)

Sure, Citeh, with their oil bought team are very good (football-wise, but still they've bought their way there with arse injected oil money and that oil money hasn't brought on any academy players, has it?) but Pep will fold with the pressure.

Oh, and when did Pep ever do anything without a load of good players and a shed load of money to buy more??

So, I love my team (even with it's faults) but you lot? You're more concerned with Utd than your own team........which is very sad and really very funny :)

United fans banging on about ABUs being bitter and obsessed ha ha ha ha 

All you ever do is cry about City and work Liverpool into every conversation about football.

Ha ha. Absolute clowns the lot of you. 

28 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

All you ever do is cry about City and work Liverpool into every conversation about football.

Bloody Ebbsfleet. Was really hoping they would turn you over. 

8 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

No crying about the Stockport Oilers.........They've become what any third rate club could have been with all those billions invested.

Liverpool? Well, along with Utd Liverpool are  the other major club in English football so yeh,  we work a dig in as often as possible.

Clowns? Really?? Blimey, just another reason to laugh at you :) x

• Like 2
8 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Bloody Ebbsfleet. Was really hoping they would turn you over. 

Tranmere fan? No wonder he's bitter..................all those billions Citeh got and it coulda/shouda been your little  club instead, eh?

Never mind matey, the next Arab country who wants their own footie team might even         pick your lot ;) x

• Like 1
13 hours ago, C4G said:

I am certainly not an ABU have no axe to grind either way, just trying to add an unbiased bit of reality as the where United are at this moment in time, OK they may be 2nd, but that is not good enough and you have probably gathered that I do not think that Jose is the correct man to take them to 1st again. He has been hugely backed by the board but the displays, especially against Spurs and indeed against all other top 6 teams show that he is either sadly lacking, the players will not play for him (or both), and that he does not trust the players enough to "have a go" at these teams, he just cannot back his own team against his closest rivals.

Also interesting to note that "Micky" had a superb game yesterday for Arsenal, he has more guile and football in him that most of the forward players at United, but apparently he is not good enough to get into a Jose team, he will be a better signing for Arsenal that Sanchez will be for United. On the other hand Pep has a history of making good players better, look what he has done in a year at your beloved Citeh with basically the same players who were there before he arrived, very few players tend to flourish under Jose.

Yes 2nd is good, and a few years back many United fans would have settled for that, but someone once said show me a good loser and I will show you a loser !!!!! Only top spot is good enough and Jose is not that man.....so I guess that make me an ABJ rather than an ABU.

4 hours ago, C4G said:

No crying about the Stockport Oilers.........They've become what any third rate club could have been with all those billions invested.

Liverpool? Well, along with Utd Liverpool are  the other major club in English football so yeh,  we work a dig in as often as possible.

Clowns? Really?? Blimey, just another reason to laugh at you :) x

Oh no, you don’t sound bitter at all.

4 hours ago, C4G said:

Tranmere fan? No wonder he's bitter..................all those billions Citeh got and it coulda/shouda been your little  club instead, eh?

Never mind matey, the next Arab country who wants their own footie team might even         pick your lot ;) x

Unlike you I’m no glory hunter so it’s really not an issue. 

Always had a wee soft spot for Tranmere since I read "Away Days" half a lifetime ago (did they make that into a movie?).

Was "The Pack" a real mob? I've never investigated that.

Also remember their cup runs back in the day when they had that fella with the long throw ins.......Challoner was it?