Greasy Lake Community

The Manchester United thread

doesthisbusstop

On 10/24/2021 at 8:07 AM, dr winston oboogie said:

Very honest assessment, good luck later today, unfortunately I will not see this one as I will be airborne throughout the game, but hope to catch the highlights later,o

Hopefully you made up for missing a crushing defeat on Sunday by watching Scotland in the cricket yesterday :D

It’s amazing to me that Olé is still in the job. Surely he had to be given the  Spanish Archer immediately after the Liverpool game, with Phelan/Carrick put in temporary charge until a new permanent replacement was appointed ? The baby faced assassin is a dead man walking. Quite extraordinary that he is still on the payroll. What price Big Sam or Tony Pulis to be parachuted in ?

Great support from all of us in the united end this evening. I think we all know it’s delaying the inevitable but fair play to Ole for setting the team up to completely block Spurs out and still win 3-0.

The team looked together as a unit and all he can do now is try to win matches and keep the headline writers off his back. Until the next defeat that is. 

Maguire his usual (un)reliable self, Ronaldo cannot keep getting him out of jail,,,,I am more convinced than ever that you will win nothing until or unless you get him out of the team, the first 20 mins. I am sure he thought his job was to mark Varane, then the injury completely confused him.

Could Phil Jones get a game - be still my beating heart

"Fellow centre-back Victor Lindelof missed the trip to Atalanta, leaving United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer facing a defensive headache for the visit of neighbours Manchester City on Saturday given skipper Harry Maguire has struggled for his best form and Phil Jones has not been involved in a first-team game for almost two years."

On 11/3/2021 at 8:36 AM, doesthisbusstop said:

Ronaldo cannot keep delivering, he’s 37 in February! I doubt there will ever be a footballer as good as him again. A sheer phenomenon. 

I think it was on the ramble someone described him as a "flat-track bully" padding his career stats which isn't too far from the truth.  On paper, this team shouldn't be struggling against teams like Atalanta and Ronaldo can't, just by random chance, keep bailing MU out in these kind of games.  And against better teams the current set up just doesn't cut the mustard.  

2 hours ago, Patched Tube said:

I think it was on the ramble someone described him as a "flat-track bully" padding his career stats which isn't too far from the truth. 

His CL stats speak for themselves. Most goals scored in CL finals is not exactly flat track, the biggest club games. And there’s not been too many poor teams in those 139 goals either. If there’s ever a better player on this planet in the future I’d love to see them play. 

21 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

His CL stats speak for themselves. Most goals scored in CL finals is not exactly flat track, the biggest club games. And there’s not been too many poor teams in those 139 goals either. If there’s ever a better player on this planet in the future I’d love to see them play. 

Well I think the host was speaking of him now and I'd rate Messi as the better player.  The later is a matter of opinion of course and reasonable people can raise reasonable arguments over it.  As to the former there is not much argument he's pretty immobile at this stage of his career and basically has to park himself around the box and wait for his chances.  And no question their aren't many who are better at taking advantage of those chances.  OTOH you can't argue he's a defensive liability and he's a black hole on and off the field in that he distorts his entire club.  He is simultaneously the problem and the solution - at least for now.  My money says MU can't keep living this dangerously, that sooner or later against better opposition the whole thing will come unstuck.  But if they went off and won the CL I would be surprised but not shocked (barring divine intervention no chance they win the league).   It will be hugely entertaining to see how this plays out.

Men v Boys....Citeh players wanted it soooo much more than the Utd players...true Utd have got macguire but yesterday that was balanced out by stones. Macguire and more so shaw were inexcusable at the second goal.

Patrick Veira to take the wheel of the bus from Oli very soon.

5 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Men v Boys....Citeh players wanted it soooo much more than the Utd players...true Utd have got macguire but yesterday that was balanced out by stones. Macguire and more so shaw were inexcusable at the second goal.

Patrick Veira to take the wheel of the bus from Oli very soon.

Some commentator described the second half as a MC team yoga class (or words to that effect).  That made me wince a bit.  

Watford and Newcastle are keen on taking Manchester United and England defender Phil Jones on loan, with a host of Championship clubs also interested in the 29-year-old. (Sun)

1 billion dollars in investment and the toon want Phil Jones :ph34r:

• Haha 2