Greasy Lake Community

The Manchester United thread

doesthisbusstop

DTBS if Chelsea were poor then goodness knows how you yourself would describe Man U on Sunday. Their lack of ambition was truly staggering. Rewind to the Fergie era and his teams would come to The Bridge and always go all out to win (ditto Wenger’s Arsenal). To see your team with 11 behind the ball for the first 45 and most of the second half was, well, actually sad to see….and to hear Carrick after the game claim they had ‘come to win the match’ was just laughable.

• Like 2

On 11/29/2021 at 9:19 AM, stevie54uk said:

to be fair Carrick set em  up well not to concede with a back four and three defensive midfielders. Chelsea overrated?  guess we will find out by end of season but god what a dull match. I do hope Carrick keeps a job at utd . decent bloke 

Carrick has decided to leave.

Massive respect to Carrick, he’s steadied the ship which could have sunk had we lost his three (very much losable) games in charge. But you cannot sack Solskjaer and give his coaching staff a free pass. Carrick did well to stay after Mourinho went. It’s time for the club to move on now. Onwards and upwards. 

8 hours ago, AMIW said:

however the donkey tug on the arsenal player just before halftime was surely a penalty too?

Yet another VAR mystery why that was not looked at, for the umteenth time he got wrong side of his man and pulled him to the ground (again), was a clear penalty. Surely the new man will be able to spot the weak spot sooner rather than later.

1 hour ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Yet another VAR mystery why that was not looked at, for the umteenth time he got wrong side of his man and pulled him to the ground (again), was a clear penalty. Surely the new man will be able to spot the weak spot sooner rather than later.

Rangnick seems hell bent on stopping the flow of goals being conceded. He says he did not enjoy watching how open that game was last night. Maguire will have to massively up his game to stay in this team. The performance at Chelsea showed that. 

Great victory for Ralf’s Red Army. A clean sheet has become a rarity in recent months. Controlled the game and should have been a more comfortable score line. Good basis from which to continue and the return of our rightful penalty per game a welcome sight too

not sure where busstop is so wrote his reply for him:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Getting points can be seen as progress, but this is just not Man Utd, they had/have very little to offer in the front third, but I agree he has to start building from a solid back base (I have been saying that for months now), but how long will the fans put up with the lack lustre attack in the Theatre Of Dreams, De Gea cannot keep being the MOTM.

btw IMHO Kenny McLean  was MOTM.

24 minutes ago, Archie Hunter said:

The day I'd want to photograph an opposition player celebrating scoring a goal against my team is the day I shall stop watching football.

The youth of today are obsessed with Ronaldo. I was at Chelsea a couple of weeks ago and in the pub a few kids in Chelsea shirts were almost in tears when the team news announced that Ronaldo was on the bench, much to their dads disgust :D. Surely they have a few star players themselves.