Sign in to follow this  
doesthisbusstop

The Manchester United thread

Matic has had his united medical today and Perisic set to sign next week. That will be our incoming business done and we are set for the season.

Squad looks very strong to win every type of match, and certainly physically imposing. 

do they have to offload somebody to meet squad rules ? aren't they over foreigner limit now? maybe not as perreira (midfielder) was luckily born on Jan 1st 1996???

i'm too lazy to count exactly... long drive back from nashville

We probably will offload a couple but not Smalling (yet) or Fellaini. Smalling and Jones are needed until at least Rojos return in January.

Although a lot of united fans would be happy to see the back of Fellaini I think he's a useful squad player, and when he's on the pitch last 15 mins he can either get you a goal or help defend high balls into the box when you need to see a game out. Apart from at Everton last season and that's his problem - too clumsy. 

Not that we are going to be lacking in height this season. We must have more players over 6ft than anyone else. Matic is 6ft 3 and even Perisic is a 6ft tall speedy winger. 

The Perisic deal is crucial to get done. Then we will have sufficient pace and power needed to win the league. And Zlatan back in January would be a useful extra push. 

23 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Matic has had his united medical today and Perisic set to sign next week.

I have backed Chelsea to win the PL again in a few multiple bets ...i might have to put Man u in a few as well after those two signings.:o

17 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

I have backed Chelsea to win the PL again in a few multiple bets ...i might have to put Man u in a few as well after those two signings.:o

I think the bookies prices are about right and it will be from the top 3. City have had the biggest overhaul of players so it will be interesting to see how they all gel. 

IMG_7813.PNG

1 minute ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I think the bookies prices are about right and it will be from the top 3. City have had the biggest overhaul of players so it will be interesting to see how they all gel. 

IMG_7813.PNG

That's pretty open betting tbh, it will be interesting to see how the odds change over the first 5 or 6 matches.

3 hours ago, AMIW said:

phil jones banned for verbally abusing a doping officer - blind fined for refusing a doping test

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/31/manchester-united-phil-jones-banned-anti-doping-daley-blind-europa-league

Wait, so the punishment is greater to verbally abuse an officer, then it is to refuse the drug test? :blink:

Over here you refuse to be drug tested, you're out of a job.  

11 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

IMG_7813.PNG

The value bet is Tottenham e/w 

9 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Wait, so the punishment is greater to verbally abuse an officer, then it is to refuse the drug test? :blink:

Over here you refuse to be drug tested, you're out of a job.  

Blind took his test he just wanted to wait a few mins to enjoy the trophy celebrations. When Rio Ferdinand avoided a drugs test altogether he got an 8 month ban. 

7 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Blind took his test he just wanted to wait a few mins to enjoy the trophy celebrations. When Rio Ferdinand avoided a drugs test altogether he got an 8 month ban. 

OK, that makes more sense. Was that in the story and I just missed it?

• well yes but depending which way they swipe they could score in their own end :o

Pre-season signed off with a 2-1 win over Sampdoria in Dublin and an impressive performance from Matic who started and played the first 45 mins. You can see how he is going to free up Pogba to create, who has been brilliant throughout pre-season. 

I bet Pogba is loving seeing this summers transfer fees and taking that spotlight away from him this season. It's looking like a weight off his shoulders already and he is going to enjoy playing with Matic and Herrera. 

Matic is a good signing for Man Utd and is the sort of player they have been crying out for for some time now,, now if only rhey could keep four defenders fit who will play 60-65 games a season, long time since they had that also.

5 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

if only rhey could keep four defenders fit who will play 60-65 games a season, long time since they had that also.

Good point and never likely whilst we rely on "accident & emergency" Jones & Smalling. 

I like the idea of a back 3 this season. One central pivot (Bailly/Jones/Smalling) and then Lindleoff and Blind/Rojo the other two in the back 3. 

I would like to see us play 3-5-2 in home games at least. 

8 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I bet Pogba is loving seeing this summers transfer fees and taking that spotlight away from him this season. It's looking like a weight off his shoulders already and he is going to enjoy playing with Matic and Herrera

So, "The Captain" sits on the bench most all games?

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

So, "The Captain" sits on the bench most all games?

Probably. I reckon Carrick will be like a Ryder Cup captain this season! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Probably. I reckon Carrick will be like a Ryder Cup captain this season! 

There's always the League and FA Cup match's. :D

The season proper starts for us on Tuesday in what Jose will treat as a hugely important game.

Would be great to bag silverware with a UEFA trophy against Real Madrid to start the season with. 

IMG_7935.JPG

Evil one orders a purge of anyone who can play full-back

only man u's second player out on loan? and a fit full-back which they are short of borthwick-jackson

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40849651

rumours that fosu-mensah has been seen at Sainsburys having a medical...