Greasy Lake Community

The Manchester United thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

United now lit up, a shot from behind the Best Law Charlton statue. 

This is a bit harsh I thought.     

Posted Images

Time to put my head above the parapet, since this page seems to be dominated by ABU's. Have been going to OT regularly since 1962, and have never known a situation that creates so much divisiveness amongst United supporters, would say the split is 50/50 at the moment re: Jose. Some think Jose a serial winner and therefore should be backed, others Jose is just providing football that is a tribute to the LVG era. 

My view is that any air-plane over Turf Moor will just be an embarrassment. Blaming Woodward for not providing money for positions that have already supposedly been addressed is wrong. I could go on but I will leave it there for now.

3 hours ago, Green Fox said:

Time to put my head above the parapet, since this page seems to be dominated by ABU's. Have been going to OT regularly since 1962, and have never known a situation that creates so much divisiveness amongst United supporters, would say the split is 50/50 at the moment re: Jose. Some think Jose a serial winner and therefore should be backed, others Jose is just providing football that is a tribute to the LVG era. 

My view is that any air-plane over Turf Moor will just be an embarrassment. Blaming Woodward for not providing money for positions that have already supposedly been addressed is wrong. I could go on but I will leave it there for now.

I think that’s a really fair assessment. 

16 minutes ago, Perisic said:

XhWCKbIgajCZKRgixScrL3Rh2hZmEnzP28057rNw

2 games in and no surprise here.

Incredible.

That hairy handed sex pest, Richard Keys is citing “insider” information that the players don’t want to play for him. Who knows if that’s true but you’d not be surprised.

I think they’ll get a result against Spurs. They really need to. 

18 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Incredible.

That hairy handed sex pest, Richard Keys is citing “insider” information that the players don’t want to play for him. Who knows if that’s true but you’d not be surprised.

I think they’ll get a result against Spurs. They really need to. 

Richard Keys is an attention seeking tosspot, just ignore him.

On 8/24/2018 at 6:11 PM, Jimmy James said:

Who's the next manager? Because this one is done! 

Zidane has told his representatives to make it known that he wants the job. Coincidentally Martial now wants to stay and “fight for his place”. That’s a first if he’s willing to fight. 

Pogba knows he’s worth more to the club than Mourinho is, and he will win the argument. And if Zidane can help get Mbappe next season, then you can see why it would make sense to line him up. 

43 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Zidane has told his representatives to make it known that he wants the job. Coincidentally Martial now wants to stay and “fight for his place”. That’s a first if he’s willing to fight. 

Pogba knows he’s worth more to the club than Mourinho is, and he will win the argument. And if Zidane can help get Mbappe next season, then you can see why it would make sense to line him up. 

Neil, It sounds like you have lost faith in Mourinho ?

2 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

Neil, It sounds like you have lost faith in Mourinho ?

I will always support the manager of the club, and the mythical “united way” is secondary to me, to winning the league.

If you can play great attacking football and win the league numerous times like Sirs Matt and Alex, then that is football utopia. 

But remember that we went 22 seasons winning just 3 fa cups in the 70’s and 80’s with some exciting attacking teams.

Mourinho chalked up both the league and uefa cups to win 2 trophies inside 12 months. Perspective. 

The club is bigger than Busby and Ferguson, let alone Mourinho. We have always been renowned for playing exciting football but that didn’t mean too much to me when we had 7 league titles in 1992.

The danger for the ABU’s who want Mourinho gone is to be careful what you wish for. The media storm of the last week is a reminder of how gigantic this club is in world football. 

If Munich 58 didn’t break us, then absolutely anything makes us stronger. 

• Like 1

Apparently the Spurs have cleverly put up a piece of plexiglas in front the goal. TOT is living dangerously and needs to wake up; right now they are playing with all the energy of an iced mackrel.

1 minute ago, Mission Man in AZ said:

Thought the officiating during the first half was awful and then I hear the ref's name -- sure enough, it's Craig Pawson. Holy crap, every time I see him it's worse than the last time.

Might as well continue the trend from the weekend.

10 minutes ago, Mission Man in AZ said:

Thought the officiating during the first half was awful and then I hear the ref's name -- sure enough, it's Craig Pawson. Holy crap, every time I see him it's worse than the last time.

Worst if you ask me is:

Image result for referee andre marriner