Sign in to follow this  
doesthisbusstop

The Manchester United thread

Yet more rumours of Bale to united. If it happens then city might not remain the favs to win the PL, as everyone seems to be making them. 

On 7/31/2017 at 6:48 PM, newcastle roy said:

I have backed Chelsea to win the PL again in a few multiple bets ...i might have to put Man u in a few as well after those two signings.:o

If Chelski have as many injuries as Utd have had in recent seasons they'll be lucky to make top 10 with their lack of squad depth :)

22 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Yet more rumours of Bale to united. If it happens then city might not remain the favs to win the PL, as everyone seems to be making them. 

If Bale joins, and stays fit, he will decimate the PL opposition :)

Even without Bale I'm betting Lukaku hits 30+ goals this season :)

Ronnie-Aldo only on bench fpr Real Madrid amongst rumours that he wants to leave and join Toon :o

1 hour ago, C4G said:

Lazy twat will have to actually move to achieve that of course.

Outclassed hugely in that first half. Obviously United haven't really competed in the elite competitions for a number of years but I was surprised at that first 45 with the side they have.

Such a shame if Rashford continues to sit on the bench. Twice the player of the lump he's started up top tonight.

Good test tonight against the CL standard bearers. We will take a lot from that into the CL group stage. Madrid the better team but that won't have done us any harm at all. Rashford should have buried that equaliser. Now get Bale :D

3 hours ago, C4G said:

Lukaku is made for the PL. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

No way can Bale want to leave this Madrid side to join that United side.

Be like sending Eva Mendes packin g for Nora Batty.

Madrid are ruthless, he would get no choice. If they want £100 million he will be sold. Even this month. 

6 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Poor lad!!

Yes poor thing. Join united and everyone would be shocked if we DIDN'T win the premier league and still be in the CL at the quarter final stage. That's the difference he makes to this united team. He would be the main man and emerge from Ronaldos shadow. He can even have his united no.7 shirt, and become a united great. 

48 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

We ain't signing you now. Bale all the way :D

Thank God, would have had to change my nickname!

13 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Ha ha ha ha.

You are actually serious aren't you??

Brilliant.

Absolutely. He may not be for sale, but if he is, above applies. No question about it. 

But I thought keeping DeGea guaranteed success?

Or was it buying DiMaria?

Falcao? Ibra?

Mik?

Then buying Pogba?

Then Matic, Lukaku etc? 

You've already lost and can't replace the only thing that guaranteed success for you.

Ferguson.

Mourinho's ego, style of play and approach to football in the modern world will cripple you in the competitions that really count.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

But I thought keeping DeGea guaranteed success?

Or was it buying DiMaria?

Falcao? Ibra?

Mik?

Then buying Pogba?

Then Matic, Lukaku etc? 

You've already lost and can't replace the only thing that guaranteed success for you.

Ferguson.

Mourinho's ego, style of play and approach to football in the modern world will cripple you in the competitions that really count.

The last 5 seasons have undoubtedly been the most barren period of success for united since 1989. 

It has coincided with the greatest period in Man City's history, a decent trophy return for Chelsea, and nothing at all for LFC. 

The most barren period for nearly 30 years. Let that sink in for a moment...that this has been our worst 5 season period since 1989. And nobody has really taken advantage of it. 

Chelsea: 4 trophies 

2 PL, 1 Europa League, 1 League Cup

United: 4 trophies 

1 PL, 1 Europa League, 1 FA Cup, 1 League Cup

City: 3 trophies 

1 PL, 2 League Cup 

Its your failure to mount a PL challenge or, at times, even break top 4 which is alarming and a remarkable fall away from where you were. 

I'll stick by those facts and my belief you have, for the third time running, picked a wrong un to manage you. 

Its not for other clubs to "take advantage" of your fall. That's irrelevant. 

19 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Its your failure to mount a PL challenge or, at times, even break top 4 which is alarming and a remarkable fall away from where you were. 

I'll stick by those facts and my belief you have, for the third time running, picked a wrong un to manage you. 

Its not for other clubs to "take advantage" of your fall. That's irrelevant. 

The reality is though that no other club has taken advantage. And if we've been getting it so wrong over the last 5 seasons (in spite of above trophies won)...then for sure, the rest will be nervous if we get it right. 

possibly not a fair comparison but just an intriguing stat on the eve of the season

Man Utd first team squad 32 players (counts Varela and Wilson though)

Chelski first team squad 18 players (including dirty diego etc)

1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

The reality is though that no other club has taken advantage. And if we've been getting it so wrong over the last 5 seasons (in spite of above trophies won)...then for sure, the rest will be nervous if we get it right. 

Every club that's won it since you last did have taken advantage.

No other big club really cares that much about league cup etc unless they're not good enough to win the big one. 

2 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Every club that's won it since you last did have taken advantage.

No other big club really cares that much about league cup etc unless they're not good enough to win the big one. 

Don't tell your LFC supporting friends that the league cup doesn't count....or it would mean they've won nothing at all for 11 seasons. Unless they don't class themselves as a big club of course. I will happily count every trophy we keep winning. And I bet clubs like Tottenham wish they could count some. 

Only thing that really counts to top 6 clubs is winning the prem, winning CL or qualifying for CL.

You lucked into CL given quality of Europa and have picked up tin pots here and there since Fergie left.

Lets see how you do this season. I'd say you finish 3rd to 6th. We'll see.