Sign in to follow this  
doesthisbusstop

The Manchester United thread

42 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Only thing that really counts to top 6 clubs is winning the prem, winning CL or qualifying for CL.

You lucked into CL given quality of Europa and have picked up tin pots here and there since Fergie left.

Lets see how you do this season. I'd say you finish 3rd to 6th. We'll see. 

I think the bookies are about right, but I would back Jose to outsmart Pep if he gets a chance to next spring.

IMG_7974.JPG

Evil One says he wants to re-sign Ibra - must have realized that Lukaku is a dud?

20 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Only thing that really counts to top 6 clubs is winning the prem, winning CL or qualifying for CL.

Where's that "reasons modern fitba is shite" thread.............

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Exactly. I keep all my cup final ticket stubs (the ones we win) in a photo album. They are the memories for fans, along with league titles, as are winners medals for the players. 

20 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I think the bookies are about right, but I would back Jose to outsmart Pep if he gets a chance to next spring.

IMG_7974.JPG

You'd back Jose to outsmart Stephen Hawkin.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

I'd kill, literally kill to see Newcastle United running around Wembley with the League Cup...any friggin' cup

So i agree with you 100% 

• Like 1

Very impressive today, this team looks full of pace and power and capable of going the distance. Matic, Pogba, Rashford and Lukaku all immense. 

the reserve team isn't bad either - one of my work colleagues asked if I thought man u's back ups would be the 2nd or 3rd best team in England and you know maybe that is true

goalie romero

defenders lindelof, smalling, darmian

midfield lingard, herrara, fellaini, carrick

striker martial

cetianly better than the chelski bench or any other bench probablu

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AMIW said:

the reserve team isn't bad either - one of my work colleagues asked if I thought man u's back ups would be the 2nd or 3rd best team in England and you know maybe that is true

goalie romero

defenders lindelof, smalling, darmian

midfield lingard, herrara, fellaini, carrick

striker martial

cetianly better than the chelski bench or any other bench probablu

With Shaw, Rojo and Young to return, and probably Zlatan by Xmas to put pressure on Lukaku and Rashford and give a different option.  

The usual 4-0 win............whatever you lot say, Utd are playing to bloody good football :)

It's early days yet but we look so powerful. When you think we drew 15 games last season you can see how this team can now turn most of those into wins. That will put us in the title hunt. 

12 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

It's early days yet but we look so powerful. When you think we drew 15 games last season you can see how this team can now turn most of those into wins. That will put us in the title hunt. 

On the right road, and like I said earlier Matic is a really good signing for them, but they need a good strong and healthy centre back pairing and also lack guile up front with only Mkhitaryan from yesterdays selection able to supply that.

5 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

On the right road, and like I said earlier Matic is a really good signing for them, but they need a good strong and healthy centre back pairing and also lack guile up front with only Mkhitaryan from yesterdays selection able to supply that.

We definitely need more guile to go to the latter stage of the CL. But the PL early signs are good considering we scored 54 goals in 38 PL games last season and it's already 8 in 2 without conceding any. 

Home to Burton as we begin our defence of the league cup. A good chance for Jose to play the rest of the squad who haven't yet featured in the premier league games. 

1 hour ago, AMIW said:

busstop will be happy zlatans back

Well, if we were an imposing squad of power before, then the addition of 6ft 4 Zlatan has raised the bar further. Lukaku knows he has to score game in game out and Jose now can rest and rotate as he wishes. 

IMG_8119.JPG

I thnk you are maxed out at 25 players already so would have to sell/loan somebody or possibly not name rojo or zlatan in squad if they aren't playing before xmas