Greasy Lake Community

The Manchester United thread

5 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

The media spotlight will all be on united this week, rather than who is top of the league. 

In truth as somebody pulling for MC I should be disappointed, perhaps a sh*t stirrer I'd have hoped for a draw, but I refuse to give in to baser instincts and instead will enjoy the thrashing Liverpool gave MU today  (they really are a fun club to watch) both for how delightful it is to watch Liverpool play such good football and just how hapless City looked today.  Honestly I don't know how Jose wasn't sacked ten minutes after the end of the match; I have to face the possibility there is no manager of any stature who wants any where near this dumpster fire. 

This too pleases me. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

United now lit up, a shot from behind the Best Law Charlton statue. 

Spurs fans:  

Posted Images

On 12/4/2018 at 9:24 AM, Patched Tube said:

Arsenal and Liverpool are going to be a big test and it's hard to see how comes away with more than three points out of the brace and it wouldn't shock me at all if came away with one or none.  If doesn't take three against Fulham... just pack it in.  In truth looking at the standings and the looking at the state of the club he needs six and no second half heroics should mask a four point disappointment during this stretch.  Probably the worst result possible for MU would be 5 points (no matter how they are distributed)... just enough for Jose to keep his job but not enough to turn the season around.   

Four points it is.  

There is a case to be made that MU should give Jose the sack, name an interim, stand pat in the transfer market (don't bring anybody in) and tell the players the season starts now and go play a respectable game (subtext - play for your job next year).  Spend the rest of the season evaluating players and taking the time to find the right manager.  

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Patched Tube said:

Four points it is.  

There is a case to be made that MC should give Jose the sack, name an interim, stand pat in the transfer market (don't bring anybody in) and tell the players the season starts now and go play a respectable game (subtext - play for your job next year).  Spend the rest of the season evaluating players and taking the time to find the right manager.  

I agree, that would make the most since. But PT, you have used MC twice now in your last two post.;) Make me very nervous. :D

They have The former captain sitting there on the bench for the interim. And Giggs is waiting for the call? 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I agree, that would make the most since. But PT, you have used MC twice now in your last two post.;) Make me very nervous. :D

They have The former captain sitting there on the bench for the interim. And Giggs is waiting for the call? 

Eh gads!  

Well I had a lousy nights sleep last night but no excuse for the first one.  I'll get that fixed. ;)

9 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Jose gone. Will the real Manchester United now return. Let’s hope so. 2 and a half years, an fa cup runners up, a premier league runners up, a europa league win, a league cup win. More than most clubs get, but time to move on now. 

Most managers don't get a transfer budget of a little under £400 million to spend in 2.5 years.

£400 million for an FA Cup, a League Cup and a Uefa Cup.  Crikey. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2