Greasy Lake Community

The Manchester United thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

United now lit up, a shot from behind the Best Law Charlton statue. 

This is a bit harsh I thought.     

Posted Images

10 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

What have you got against The Cabbage?

Nothing in particular; I just like the idea of Jose freezing his arse off in Scotland managing a bottom half of the table club. 

13 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Make him go manage D.C. United

38 minutes ago, Patched Tube said:

Probably too much talent there for him to manage.

Both he and Rooney would relish the opportunity :D 

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

A bit of a strange one giving Phil Jones a new contract. He will spend half of that contract in the treatment room and the other half as cover for Lindleoff and whichever other big money centre back we sign in the summer. 

Yes I was slightly surprised. Managers seem to like him though. Moyes and Mourinho often picked him (when fit!). He always makes Gareth Southgate's England squads (when fit!).

1 hour ago, Green Fox said:

Yes I was slightly surprised. Managers seem to like him though. Moyes and Mourinho often picked him (when fit!). He always makes Gareth Southgate's England squads (when fit!).

Also, you’re never the ugliest in the squad with Jones knocking about.

Appeals to the ego of some players that.

Pogba has been getting all the praise recently and he has been playing well, his goal tally probably gets him most of the attention, but for me the player who has benefited most from the arrival of Ole is Matic, like the rest iof them he lost his direction under Jose there were just too many United players detailed to share that negative and defensive load around him and he got smothered, he is now back to the player they signed and dictates the area just in front of the defence putting out fires and starting his own fires, I said when United signed him that he was just the type of player they required, he will never be a Roy Keane, but he is playing as well as ever and showing great consistency do not underestimate the part he is playing in this fine run of results.

• Like 1
On 2/8/2019 at 2:52 PM, doesthisbusstop said:

A bit of a strange one giving Phil Jones a new contract. He will spend half of that contract in the treatment room and the other half as cover for Lindleoff and whichever other big money centre back we sign in the summer. 

Always a good idea to hang onto to English qualified players due to the prem squad rules though.... should show Rojo the door though hasn't he been injured as much as jones???