Greasy Lake Community

The Manchester United thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

United now lit up, a shot from behind the Best Law Charlton statue. 

great kudos to Marcus Rashford, one footballer who dosent forget where he came from https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53042684

Posted Images

I had a feeling after weds night that we would see a flat performance this weekend, and we did.

Wasn’t at all surprised to see the unbeaten PL run go today but we had the chances for it not to. Damage could have been a lot worse given results this weekend though. 

1 hour ago, LeoGetz said:

Zidane apparently returning to Real Madrid.

Don't know if he's doing himself any favours with that.

Hearing he has a three year deal; if so he may have something of a blank check for a major rebuild.  But I do take your point; all signs point to a long hard road ahead.

15 minutes ago, Patched Tube said:

Hearing he has a three year deal; if so he may have something of a blank check for a major rebuild.  But I do take your point; all signs point to a long hard road ahead.

I just think that he will fail to live up to expectations. Everything else but winning the CL would be considered not quite enough. And apart from the second of the three CL titles, they were riding their luck on the way to winning those titles.

As a Barça fan I'm quite happy with this decision. Only thing that would have made me happier would have been Mourinho.

2 minutes ago, LeoGetz said:

I just think that he will fail to live up to expectations. Everything else but winning the CL would be considered not quite enough. And apart from the second of the three CL titles, they were riding their luck on the way to winning those titles.

As a Barça fan I'm quite happy with this decision. Only thing that would have made me happier would have been Mourinho.

Mourinho would have been a tough one for me.  One the one hand I'd hate to see that clown get another top flight gig. OTOH fire Madrid into the sun.

38 minutes ago, merlin said:

Think Bale will be surplus to requirement.

That's an albatross contract. IIRC ~32+ mm/yr gross (€?), 3 yrs to go, so nearly 100mm for a prima donna who can't stay fit for a season.

LIngard Mata and Herrara also back from injury BusStop so no need to fear the return of Phil Jones - everyone is fit again

the 4 youngsters have been cast to the stands never to be seen again