Sign in to follow this  
doesthisbusstop

The Manchester United thread

Recommended Posts

Are we allowed to comment on the fact that Lindelof didn't look a good player at all???

 

not quite Bebe bad but close...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/10/2017 at 5:50 PM, AMIW said:

Are we allowed to comment on the fact that Lindelof didn't look a good player at all???

 

not quite Bebe bad but close...

Yes not good at all... But still not the worst centre back in the top 9 of the league eh...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huge game next Saturday, Jose will be expecting a reaction after yesterday’s shocker. Spurs are looking an excellent team again this season so to beat them would get us right back on track. If we lose again, it’s a top 4 race for us this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2017 at 7:12 PM, doesthisbusstop said:

Huge game next Saturday, Jose will be expecting a reaction after yesterday’s shocker. Spurs are looking an excellent team again this season so to beat them would get us right back on track. If we lose again, it’s a top 4 race for us this season. 

It was shocking but it's been a pretty good season so far.........a win at Swansea tomorrow will help but guessing Jose will park the bus against Spurs(who look very good tbf) - maybe Herrera to man mark Eriksson or Alli?

Being a realist Utd are never going to dominate like they have in the past but they will be up there...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/10/2017 at 7:24 PM, C4G said:

Being a realist Utd are never going to dominate like they have in the past but they will be up there...........

Nobody will dominate. It’s no coincidence that no team has retained the premier league since Ronaldo led united to three in a row 2007/8/9. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to blow the cobwebs away tonight and reach the quarter finals. I like the look of Tuanzebe. And Romero has to be the best No.2 keeper in the league. 

On to the quarters. Zlatan's return could time well with this competition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what are the odds = after keeping the big five apart in the last 16 of  the milky cup draw they have  managed to keep the big 4 apart in the quarter finals!!!

Chelsea v Bournemouth

Arsenal v West Ham

Leicester v Manchester City

Bristol City v Manchester United

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AMIW said:

what are the odds = after keeping the big five apart in the last 16 of  the milky cup draw they have  managed to keep the big 4 apart in the quarter finals!!!

Chelsea v Bournemouth

Arsenal v West Ham

Leicester v Manchester City

Bristol City v Manchester United

Color me surprised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AMIW said:

what are the odds = after keeping the big five apart in the last 16 of  the milky cup draw they have  managed to keep the big 4 apart in the quarter finals!!!

Chelsea v Bournemouth

Arsenal v West Ham

Leicester v Manchester City

Bristol City v Manchester United

Carabao hoping for Jose v Pep Manchester derby Wembley final...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bizarre first half in the champions league

 

Man Utd get a penalty when the opposing defender tackles martial with his head! the penalty is then missed

later Matic hits post with a shot which bounces back and hits goalie on the back of the head and goes in.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played 4, Won 4, Scored 10, Conceded 1. With Zlatan and Pogba to return for the knock out stages we might just do ok with the way Jose sets the team up in two legged games. He knows the formula to do well in this competition that’s for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So 2nd in the league and doom and gloom as city look to have the league won. Except it never works out as easy as that this early so all we can do is continue to be the team in 2nd place and wait for the derby on 10th Dec. We lost it in midfield today. And Lukaku is missing Pogba more than anyone. 

Zlatan and Pogba will make a big difference over the coming weeks and months. And it will be interesting to see if we make January signings this season with a World Cup summer making that window more difficult than ever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will they play Zlatan and Lukaku Together?

Why will the transfer window be more difficult because of the World Cup?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

So 2nd in the league and doom and gloom as city look to have the league won. Except it never works out as easy as that this early so all we can do is continue to be the team in 2nd place and wait for the derby on 10th Dec. We lost it in midfield today. And Lukaku is missing Pogba more than anyone

Zlatan and Pogba will make a big difference over the coming weeks and months. And it will be interesting to see if we make January signings this season with a World Cup summer making that window more difficult than ever. 

I actually think Mkhitaryan is also missing Pogba. Since Pogba's injury his performance has dropped dramatically. Pogba frees up space and United were moving forward far quicker, which as you say also suited Lukaku. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Will they play Zlatan and Lukaku Together?

Why will the transfer window be more difficult because of the World Cup?

Probably rotated like Martial and Rashford are. But unless Lukaku changes his big game scoring record he will quickly find himself playing second fiddle to Zlatan. 

Transfers are always more complicated in World Cup summers. Less time to get the deals done, and the premier league has now voted to close the window before the season begins. Then you have the selling club holding on until after the World Cup hoping the player has a great tournament and adds millions to their value. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

only just discovered that celebrity Man U fan Julia Roberts was at the Chelski game - apparently it got mentioned on the entertainment gossip tv shows

wonder if she met the Evil One

460C80B300000578-0-image-a-36_1509910309

I;m sure too she took a trip to the Blue Door in Notting Hill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well Busstop will be happy apparently ibrahimovic and pogba are back for the game against Toon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/11/2017 at 2:08 PM, AMIW said:

well Busstop will be happy apparently ibrahimovic and pogba are back for the game against Toon

And what a difference they made, especially Pogba. We always seem to score 4 goals when he plays. You can see how we were top of the league at the time of his injury. 

Pep will soon be calling us “The Paul Pogba team” but if Pogba helps us win the derby at Old Trafford in a few weeks time I hope he’s right that day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DTBS you know I like you but...this league is OVER very ironic that TGLITW is won but mid-october...and despite what anyone says there must be great credit to Pep..he took it all on the chin last season..mostl;y kept his cool and is doing just fine this season.

Now the premier league...it is a Sky product..but lets just look at the reality......

At the start of each season therea are 15./16 clubs with the only aim, to rerach 40 points, and boy does that show, the rest well you can distill thewm down to two by november, superb stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

DTBS you know I like you but...this league is OVER very ironic that TGLITW is won but mid-october...and despite what anyone says there must be great credit to Pep..he took it all on the chin last season..mostl;y kept his cool and is doing just fine this season.

Now the premier league...it is a Sky product..but lets just look at the reality......

At the start of each season therea are 15./16 clubs with the only aim, to rerach 40 points, and boy does that show, the rest well you can distill thewm down to two by november, superb stuff. 

City are obviously clear favourites and deservedly so. It would be a surprise if they don’t win it. Even if we win both derby matches we are still 2 points behind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this