Greasy Lake Community

The Manchester United thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

United now lit up, a shot from behind the Best Law Charlton statue. 

This is a bit harsh I thought.     

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Spent far too much time on here last season so just a brief stop.

I said pre season United would win nothing of note and stand by that still.

Lukako proving he's a flat track bully and Maureen proving he's still the most classless man in football.

Bizarre decision to park the bus at a struggling Liverpool best sums up his mindset. Completely dominated by City at home. Fans ranting and raving on the United fan channel afterwards was quality.

A fifth (?) season without a PL trophy beckons and they have a team that looks no more capable of winning it than they did under Moyes or the fella with 3 faces and 2 haircuts.

I suspect they'll finish 3rd, 4th or 5th as Maureen accepts there is no PL title up for grabs and desperately throws everything at winning a tin pot trophy to appease his ego.

They'll most likely depart CL in the quarters. 

Great post, the ABU’s have been much quieter than last season because we came 6th. We were an easy target. 

2nd so far but we are safely far enough away to know that the title is beyond us, so great timing. Some lesser clubs would consider this season “improvement”. But if we finish 2nd and win nothing, I would take last season’s success all day long. 

8 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Great post, the ABU’s have been much quieter than last season because we came 6th. We were an easy target. 

2nd so far but we are safely far enough away to know that the title is beyond us, so great timing. Some lesser clubs would consider this season “improvement”. But if we finish 2nd and win nothing, I would take last season’s success all day long. 

You have to win PL or CL for the season to be a success. 

You don't bring in the personnel you have to win anything else.

Wont happen though.

1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

You have to win PL or CL for the season to be a success. 

That may be true in terms of the clubs primary aims. But speaking as a fan, I want to experience that feeling of winning. Being there at Nou Camp 99, Moscow 08, and going home and away throughout 13 PL titles is the ultimate. But the winning feeling remains the same always, and it is like a drug. 

Wembley and Stockholm last season were two incredible experiences for me which I will always treasure. Until the next one. 

2 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

That may be true in terms of the clubs primary aims. But speaking as a fan, I want to experience that feeling of winning. Being there at Nou Camp 99, Moscow 08, and going home and away throughout 13 PL titles is the ultimate. But the winning feeling remains the same always, and it is like a drug. 

Wembley and Stockholm last season were two incredible experiences for me which I will always treasure. Until the next one. 

I understand.

Fans enjoy winning things. That's absolutely right.

The same fans will also recognise its a diminishing return in terms of quality though. The dynasty is very much dwindling. 

1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

I understand.

Fans enjoy winning things. That's absolutely right.

The same fans will also recognise its a diminishing return in terms of quality though. The dynasty is very much dwindling. 

I’m not convinced there will be another dynasty in the modern game. The fact that no club has even managed to retain the premier league title in the last 9 season’s suggests that will be the case. City will be favourites again next season but it doesn’t mean they will retain it. 

3 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I’m not convinced there will be another dynasty in the modern game. The fact that no club has even managed to retain the premier league title in the last 9 season’s suggests that will be the case. City will be favourites again next season but it doesn’t mean they will retain it. 

There is surely a real chance if Pep stays around they will dominate the PL at least.

Cant see them winning CL this year but their side is incredible and streets ahead of everyone else.

14 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

There is surely a real chance if Pep stays around they will dominate the PL at least.

Cant see them winning CL this year but their side is incredible and streets ahead of everyone else.

City are undoubtedly the team of the moment and there to be shot down. United and Chelsea won’t let them have it their own way for the next few years. The rest can forget it. 

24 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

With 63 points left to win you can’t think about an 11 point gap. All you can do is aim to reduce the gap to 5 points. If that can happen by March then there is a title race. 

You were saying all this last year. Same thing then - you weren't good enough to close the gap. Still aren't  now.

Ok after City thrashed Spurs last night it’s time to add a third trophy to this impressive premier league graphic. 

Woodward and Jose should see if they can buy a couple of summer targets brought forward to January so as to bed them in ready to hit the ground running from the start of next season. Someone has to step up to the plate to challenge City and nobody else seems likely to. 

C205732D-790F-4A6F-956C-14A4DDB7643F.jpeg

On 15/12/2017 at 9:37 PM, Captain Chaos said:

You were saying all this last year. Same thing then - you weren't good enough to close the gap. Still aren't  now.

Of course fans are always optimistic you can go from 6th to 1st. 6th to 2nd and a trophy is still optimistic as well. City will have gone from 3rd to 1st. 

10 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Of course fans are always optimistic you can go from 6th to 1st. 6th to 2nd and a trophy is still optimistic as well. City will have gone from 3rd to 1st. 

In all honesty the real gap is in the quality of the two Manchester sides. Both squad and manager.

And it's one you'll not close anytime soon I think.

3 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

In all honesty the real gap is in the quality of the two Manchester sides. Both squad and manager.

And it's one you'll not close anytime soon I think.

City are on a different level at the moment and they are gloating. But to be honest I really hope we draw them in the Champions League if we both get to the last 8. And so will every united fan. 

52 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

City are on a different level at the moment and they are gloating. But to be honest I really hope we draw them in the Champions League if we both get to the last 8. And so will every united fan. 

Yeah - make a nice change for them to twat you midweek instead of at the weekend.

18 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Yeah - make a nice change for them to twat you midweek instead of at the weekend.

Absolutely loving the rivalry now though after 40 years of it just being piss taking. We even wanted them to win their 4th ever league in 2014 to stop LFC getting their 19th. For the next few years Manchester looks set to have a proper rivalry and it’s a challenge we are going to enjoy reacting to. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Absolutely loving the rivalry now though after 40 years of it just being piss taking. We even wanted them to win their 4th ever league in 2014 to stop LFC getting their 19th. For the next few years Manchester looks set to have a proper rivalry and it’s a challenge we are going to enjoy reacting to. 

A rivalry but it's not a particularly even one. They're streets ahead of you.

16 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

A rivalry but it's not a particularly even one. They're streets ahead of you.

It’s never been an even rivalry since 67/68. You can’t go 34 years without a trophy and pretend that it ever has been. That’s why the blues are gloating so much! 

Ha ha ha ha, brilliant!

Better side won. And what a tonic for football. Pogba getting bossed, Rashford and Martial getting banged every 5 minutes.

Only the FA cup left as an option now.

The City fans summed it up perfectly with their chant after 59 minutes....

"Who the fuck are Man United??"

Happy Christmas!! 

• Like 1