Sign in to follow this  
doesthisbusstop

The Manchester United thread

2 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

What we learned from this match yesterday, Liverpool are the real deal we knew that already and they have proved it many times over, only Fred and Lindelof qualified for pass marks in the Utd team, Martial does not have the guts/balls for the fight and Maguire is running Stones very very close for the biggest donkey in the league title. 

Thought Maguire was really poor yesterday. 

10 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Thought Maguire was really poor yesterday. 

Oh cmon CC he was not that good.

• Haha 1

I really think there is a case that makes Little Ole one of the worst managers in the Prem.

Reckless recruitment and squad management have left this united side at real risk of failing to qualify for CL football in a landscape where perennial qualifiers like Spurs and Arsenal have floundered. Sure, they may luck out in the lottery of a cup competition but that shouldn’t hide the issues.

His management of the Rashford situation looks inept. His performance in front of the media is cringe inducing. Just read his latest that says the fact united were “in it until the last kick of the game” against a side like Liverpool represents progress.

The guy is an utter moron and so badly out of his depth it’s incredible.

Please don’t go anywhere you bumbling halfwit.

@doesthisbusstop

If/when you decide to show up, I’d like to know whether you still think Jurgen Klopp is a serial loser? 
Also, could you go into detail how much it hurts watching the worst Manchester United team in your lifetime. Whilst having to watch the best Liverpool team in your lifetime and maybe the greatest club team the world has ever seen? Most appreciated, ta.

5 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

I really think there is a case that makes Little Ole one of the worst managers in the Prem.

Reckless recruitment and squad management have left this united side at real risk of failing to qualify for CL football in a landscape where perennial qualifiers like Spurs and Arsenal have floundered. Sure, they may luck out in the lottery of a cup competition but that shouldn’t hide the issues.

His management of the Rashford situation looks inept. His performance in front of the media is cringe inducing. Just read his latest that says the fact united were “in it until the last kick of the game” against a side like Liverpool represents progress.

The guy is an utter moron and so badly out of his depth it’s incredible.

Please don’t go anywhere you bumbling halfwit.

I think he's out of his depth but...

He doesn't have the final word on recruitment and the team is hobbled by prior bad signings that he had nothing to do with.  He also recognized the medical staff was not up to par and attempted to address that.  Part of the reason he had to gamble with Rashford is how thin the team's bench is - again largely not his fault.  And the fact he is there at all is also the fault of the front office.  

IDK if he will ever be ready to manage an EPL side or not but it's clear to me that even the best manager would struggle with the dumpster fire that is MU right now and that dumpster fire was ignited by one of the worst front offices in the league.  

6 minutes ago, Patched Tube said:

I think he's out of his depth but...

He doesn't have the final word on recruitment and the team is hobbled by prior bad signings that he had nothing to do with.  He also recognized the medical staff was not up to par and attempted to address that.  Part of the reason he had to gamble with Rashford is how thin the team's bench is - again largely not his fault.  And the fact he is there at all is also the fault of the front office.  

IDK if he will ever be ready to manage an EPL side or not but it's clear to me that even the best manager would struggle with the dumpster fire that is MU right now and that dumpster fire was ignited by one of the worst front offices in the league.  

Oh it’s been a clusterfuck for years. I agree on that point.

Better managers than this idiot would surely struggle.

He’s the one in charge now though and he carries the can. 

2 hours ago, Johan14Cruyff said:

Liverpool maybe the greatest club team the world has ever seen? 

Good one! :lol:

1 hour ago, Patched Tube said:

Part of the reason he had to gamble with Rashford

dont think ole is that bad It takes time to build a team that you want Liverpool and Klopp being a prime example, so perhaps knock him in a couple of years. but gambling with a 22yr old England star is inexcusable if it is the case.

1 hour ago, stevie54uk said:

dont think ole is that bad It takes time to build a team that you want Liverpool and Klopp being a prime example, so perhaps knock him in a couple of years. but gambling with a 22yr old England star is inexcusable if it is the case.

Doesn’t Man U, and Ferguson specifically, have a history of screwing the national team over for the greater glory of MU? 

1 hour ago, stevie54uk said:

It’s the point Ian Wright made. He risked him ahead of his own (already poor) reputation.

Terrible decision making.

3 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Oh it’s been a clusterfuck for years. I agree on that point.

Better managers than this idiot would surely struggle.

He’s the one in charge now though and he carries the can. 

Fair enough point and I'm no big supporter of Ole - he's doomed and everybody knows it and yes some of it is of his own doing.  That said a part of me feels a little sorry for him.  

26 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

It’s the point Ian Wright made. He risked him ahead of his own (already poor) reputation.

Terrible decision making.

Well partially without a doubt.  OTOH you can bet the front office was breathing down his neck to secure a top six finish.  There is a lot of money at stake which make football decisions not purely football decisions.  

1 minute ago, Patched Tube said:

Well partially without a doubt.  OTOH you can bet the front office was breathing down his neck to secure a top six finish.  

It was a Cup game mate.

13 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

It was a Cup game mate.

Oh shit - you are right.  I just heard about it over the weekend and conflated that with the league games.  Doh!  

Yeah... that's a bit tougher to justify.  Seems like a good chance for him to be rested.

Jones and McGuire at the back, would that be a double donkey! 

53 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Jones and McGuire at the back, would that be a double donkey! 

huge spike in people watching game from Scotland....

God, great as this is please let this complete and utter buffoon win a couple of games coming up. It would be a major blow if he was to get sacked.

Fantastic to see the fans heading for the exits before the end. Absolute shower.

How are those great strides coming on, Little Ole?

#bigsecondhalfoftheseasonforthissquad

On 12/28/2019 at 10:08 PM, doesthisbusstop said:

Signs of the start of some maturity from these lads tonight in controlling that game throughout. 

Big second half of the season now to come from them.