Greasy Lake Community

The Manchester United thread

doesthisbusstop

8 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Fair result, United played better football but Everton deserved the draw. All in all a decent weekend for us in the CL pursuit. Bruno again, changes our whole picture. Pure class. 

Wow I had a total different view of that match.

• Like 1

Only saw the first half an I tuned in mostly just to watch Fernandes. He’s absolute class and a constant danger. Terrible keeping from Pickford for his goal mind you.

Here’s a prediction though. Just have a feeling Fernandes could turn out to be trouble. Just something about him.

Fantastic to watch though. 

1 hour ago, Patched Tube said:

IDK honestly.  Some smart people disagreeing on the subject.  From a sporting perspective it was a travesty of course.

the referee and VAR presumably disagree.  ref said goal VAR said not.

On 2/29/2020 at 11:39 PM, doesthisbusstop said:

Whatever cash we get in for Pogba, give it straight to Leicester for Maddison. 
A midfield of Maddison, Fred, Fernandes, McTominay would be strong. 
Then invest in Sancho, with Rashford, Martial and Greenwood in attack. 
Partner Koulibaly with Maguire. It’s minor (expensive) surgery now rather than the complete squad overhaul of three years ago. 

Bus stop. Not too sure about Maddison. Both myself and my fellow match going friends would prefer Grealish.

16 minutes ago, Green Fox said:

Bus stop. Not too sure about Maddison. Both myself and my fellow match going friends would prefer Grealish.

Well, I’m sure Grealish would be easier to get. Particularly if Villa are relegated. Whatever happens, we are going to have a Pogba fund to use. 

Plus Man City’s ‘Other Treble’ Winners of 2018/19 last season to add to above list. They lost 6 games. 

Despite what Arsenal fans may claim, fewest games lost means very little in terms of a measure of greatness, but it’s a further endorsement of the 99 treble winning season having no equal, and why it’s only been achieved once in this country. 

Ole ole ole doing their bit so far to bring the title home (to Anfield)

busstop will be happy and sad at the same time on the train home and increasing the calls to stop football now

Brilliant end to the game

14 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Great team display by United, but they persist with Donkey Maguire at their own peril, he is an accident just waiting to happen.

He certainly lacks the composure and elegance of Otamendi and Lovren, two of the leagues most accomplished defenders.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AMIW said:

Ole ole ole doing their bit so far to bring the title home (to Anfield)

busstop will be happy and sad at the same time on the train home and increasing the calls to stop football now

Brilliant end to the game

The key thing for LFC is the fact they could now win it before the inevitable happens and matches are played behind closed doors.