Sign in to follow this  
doesthisbusstop

The Manchester United thread

Recommended Posts

Fernandes watch.

Only saw the first half but he looked decent. Clever thinking for the goal. Should have done better with a headed chance.

Starting to think he’s maybe not very top level but he’s certainly improving this side. Always involved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely brilliant result, buzzing!! Home and away PL wins for Ole over Pep this season. Incredible given Ole’s lack of experience. Might meet them in the FA cup as well.
Europa probably the priority to win still, but things are finally starting to come together. 
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s no way Pogba is getting back in this team just so he can use it for Euro 2020 fitness. It’s got to take an injury or two. Every player worked his socks off for the Manager, the club and the fans. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man Utd win 5-0 calls to keep the Europa League going are made....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having watched that match I feel as empty as the stadium. Horrible to watch. It was nothing more than a training session. It’s really sad what is happening and even though we are in fantastic form, I hope they suspend the season. Push the Euros back to summer 2021 and finish this season in June if they can. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just heard the depressing news that football is expected to be behind closed doors until at least October. I’ve already been promised a reduction of the price of the 4 home matches remaining from the 19/20 season from my season ticket renewal price for next season, to bring the renewal price down to £555.00. At this rate it will cost less than £300 to renew, which is the only good thing about it. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Just heard the depressing news that football is expected to be behind closed doors until at least October. I’ve already been promised a reduction of the price of the 4 home matches remaining from the 19/20 season from my season ticket renewal price for next season, to bring the renewal price down to £555.00. At this rate it will cost less than £300 to renew, which is the only good thing about it. 
 

mate, this is not bad news

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, newcastle roy said:

mate, this is not bad news

Not financially bad news Roy for me personally, but it is depressing watching fake football behind closed doors on TV. I’d rather play FIFA 20 on my sons Xbox. At least there are crowds cheering on that. Everything about behind closed doors football is just completely pointless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, doesthisbusstop said:

Not financially bad news Roy for me personally, but it is depressing watching fake football behind closed doors on TV. I’d rather play FIFA 20 on my sons Xbox. At least there are crowds cheering on that. Everything about behind closed doors football is just completely pointless. 

I know of all the football fans on the lake you go to more matches than anyone else these days. 

If you go to a non league or a school match, nobody there to watch does not change the result. Doesn't mean the results our pointless. 

The Premier League and all the rest of the Leagues need to finish even if it's behind closed doors.

Football is going to change from now on.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

I know of all the football fans on the lake you go to more matches than anyone else these days. 

If you go to a non league or a school match, nobody there to watch does not change the result. Doesn't mean the results our pointless. 

The Premier League and all the rest of the Leagues need to finish even if it's behind closed doors.

Football is going to change from now on.

 

 

 

 

Yeah to be honest I was just as gutted that my sons teams season was made void a few weeks ago and there are less than 40 spectators at his games! 
I just can’t see how and when they are going to let 70,000 people back inside Old Trafford. Seems impossible to think when it could happen before a vaccine. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I just can’t see how and when they are going to let 70,000 people back inside Old Trafford

neither do i, even when it is allowed how many will run scared, its going to be a long time before a lot of people want to be a crowd, for ever idiot ignoring government advice theres a hundred who are paranoid about going near anyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good gesture by Man U at old trafford only lighting up certain letters

 

34973547-D087-4BD3-B992-5DD4FF30F1DE.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to be interesting to see how united’s new transfer strategy of mainly targeting players under 24 years old pans out. 
Not many clubs can offer 6 year contracts of £300k per week in the new world. But united will, as I expect most of their commercial income is locked in on long term partnerships. I don’t think we will waste money as before, but spend big on young players. 

Sancho looks likely it seems. But more so than ever before, the riches in football will lose all reality and become even further, much further, detached from the world everyone else lives in. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

But more so than ever before, the riches in football will lose all reality and become even further, much further, detached from the world everyone else lives in.

it lost that with me a long time ago

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to be strange watching our first game back on TV behind closed doors but at least it’s a good one v Spurs. My unused match ticket for the original game on March 15th will probably be worth a few quid when my kids are grandparents. Got a refund but didn’t have to give the ticket back to united. 

As much as I disagree with the 5 subs rule I think it will suit us as we chase top 4 and two trophies. 
Ighalo, Rashford, Greenwood, Martial, James, Pogba and Fernandes is a good range of options to utilise. I think James needed the 3 month break but could be a really useful impact player now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at your fixtures I don’t think you’ll need to rely on City getting banned to get into the champions league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Johan14Cruyff said:

Looking at your fixtures I don’t think you’ll need to rely on City getting banned to get into the champions league. 

I hope you’re right but what looks tricky or easier fixtures in normal football conditions is out of the window now. There will be lots of strange results and no team will fear going to any ground away from home in particular. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I hope you’re right but what looks tricky or easier fixtures in normal football conditions is out of the window now. There will be lots of strange results and no team will fear going to any ground away from home in particular. 

Agreed. Absolute lottery result wise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this