Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

2 hours ago, Badlands_89 said:

Enjoy F5 ing tomorrow. 

I will join in the day after :P

Hey... speak to @SoulBoogieAlex about F5ing tomorrow. I was saying to him that it won't be "released tomorrow" until tomorrow. 

• Haha 3

Have any other releases been linked to anniversaries, apart from Danny's Boston show which could have been a coincidence?

It isn't something that has struck me as being part of their thinking when choosing releases.

6 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Have any other releases been linked to anniversaries, apart from Danny's Boston show which could have been a coincidence?

It isn't something that has struck me as being part of their thinking when choosing releases.

Good question.  I bet they are waiting on the 50th Anniversary of the Wembley 2002 show to time it’s release to ;-)

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, 65pacecar said:

Good question.  I bet they are waiting on the 50th Anniversary of the Wembley 2002 show to time it’s release to ;-)

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

How about Oslo 1/6/93 - which will have its 25 year anniversary on Friday.

And was coincidentally my first ever show ;)

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

28 minutes ago, SteveJhb said:

Off topic I realise but why is Sharon Stone so upset in that GIF? Anyone know?

Because she really wants for Wembley 2002 to be released? 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Magnus said:

How about Oslo 1/6/93 - which will have its 25 year anniversary on Friday.

And was coincidentally my first ever show ;)

My first show too.. and yes, that would be a most welcome release!

• Like 1

Since june 2nd is the 40th anniversary of the Darkness album release, and there was a concert in Annapolis (according to setlist.fm) on june 2nd 1978, I wouldn't be surprised if they either release that concert for the 40th anniversary, or at the very least, a concert from the 1978 tour. For those wondering, I'm sure it won't be Wembley 2002 though LOL

Actually, I take back partially what I said in my last post. Since E Street Radio tonight was playing the 9/30/78 Atlanta concert tonight and in superb quality (I was checking to see what concert was playing tonight through the app), I have a feeling that's going to be what will be released on Friday

• Like 1

Been listening a lot to the Passaic '78 archive release this week in anticipation - no way this can be beat, surely? 

Fully anticipating a '78 show tomorrow but I don't care which one, as long as it sounds great (and doesn't have Santa..) I'll be happy!

I'm so excited.

13 minutes ago, Badlands_89 said:

I'm really excited for tomorrow but do we really need another 78 release? at this point we need something new and fresh. 

Like a Wembley 2002, that one very fresh. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Badlands_89 said:

I'm really excited for tomorrow but do we really need another 78 release? at this point we need something new and fresh. 

If its not Darkness I'd really love a River show. If not, we've not revisited 2012/13 recently, and obviously the Rising hasn't been represented at all  (I bet it will be a Rising show this month given there's been like no speculation about one...)

Aside from a Rising show, PLEASE for the love of all that is good in the world, no more post reunion or solo or non E-Street band shows for the rest of the year!!! Make the word archive mean something.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, unclejosh said:

Aside from a Rising show, PLEASE for the love of all that is good in the world, no more post reunion or solo or non E-Street band shows for the rest of the year!!! Make the word archive mean something.

a 99 show as well and I agree. 

1 hour ago, unclejosh said:

1999 is almost twenty years ago now, 1996 almost a quarter of a century. That's pretty archival to me!  Be happy with anything post '78. I don't need, or want, another '78 show personally,