Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Lampi said:

Oddly enough, Brucebase just mentions the last verse being from a different performance [as you say], but even they do not seem to know from which performance-only that it is not from Roxy 1978 (assuming if they knew from which show the last verse is, they would have mentioned it).

And Fire on Live 1975/85 is from the 2nd Winterland show, 16 December 1978-as mentioned correct on the back of the box-but the intro to Fire ('This is for all the girls here') is from Roxy 1978.

Mixing two different performances of the same song can have stunning results. I’ve got a mix of the sublime bob clearmountain mixed performances of Racing in the street from Tempe 80 and Hyde Park 2009. The first part has arguably the all time best Bruce vocal recording from Tempe 80, and then the second part has the definitive full band outro from live in Hyde Park which begins after the final verse, making for probably the best 9+ minutes of music I’ve ever listened to. You cannot notice any change in the sound even though the performances are 29 years apart. It’s stunning. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Lampi said:

Oddly enough, Brucebase just mentions the last verse being from a different performance [as you say], but even they do not seem to know from which performance-only that it is not from Roxy 1978 (assuming if they knew from which show the last verse is, they would have mentioned it).

It could be an in studio overdub? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, J said:

It could be an in studio overdub? 

I'm probably one of very few people who believe A LOT of rerecording (and other tricks) were done but Bruces voice changed very much between 78 and 86 so I really doubt they could pull that off without anyone noticing it. Besides his voice I could believe anything was possible. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I’ve got a mix of the sublime bob clearmountain mixed performances of Racing in the street from Tempe 80 and Hyde Park 2009. The first part has arguably the all time best Bruce vocal recording from Tempe 80, and then the second part has the definitive full band outro from live in Hyde Park which begins after the final verse

Wait what?!? That outro isn't from Tempe?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They played the same audience recording of Wembley 4th of July show we've had for a long time. Now they are playing Stockholm 4th of July '08, also an audience recording.

Next stop. Friday Archive day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tried to see if I could hear E Street Radio online without having to pay 30 squids a month, found myself on some other Springsteen radio services. 

Currently listening to this: https://tunein.com/artist/Bruce-Springsteen-m192750/

They've just played a very good quality version of "My Beautiful Reward" from the Devils and Dust tour. It won't have been a professional recording, but that's not going to stop me predicting a D+D show with that song featured being released on Friday now. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Buddhabone said:

They played the same audience recording of Wembley 4th of July show we've had for a long time. Now they are playing Stockholm 4th of July '08, also an audience recording.

Next stop. Friday Archive day.

Thanks - so looking good for Roxy then … 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

that's not going to stop me predicting a D+D show with that song featured being released on Friday now. 

You predicting a D&D show over Roxy 78 on this Friday?

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, borntorunsean said:

I'm expecting a Joad or Devils tour release. Fed up of getting my hopes up. Whatever it is please be left field and a surprise !!

A compilation of every time he played "57 Channels" with The Other Band it is, then! 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, borntorunsean said:

I'm expecting a Joad or Devils tour release. Fed up of getting my hopes up. Whatever it is please be left field and a surprise !!

Aren't there several D&D tour releases already?  I personally am looking for the Cincinnati D&D show which was sandwiched between the two archive shows in Grand Rapids and Columbus.

It would make a terrific three-pack.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, sonicramone said:

Aren't there several D&D tour releases already?  I personally am looking for the Cincinnati D&D show which was sandwiched between the two archive shows in Grand Rapids and Columbus.

It would make a terrific three-pack.

I would love to see that released.  Incredible show, one of the best I have seen.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I loved the whole week on the D & D tour.

I wished that he would have come down to L.A. again, those shows in May were not as good as those in that first week in August. Vancouver and Seattle come to mind as also being good.

Flynn's 10 disc compilation is a must have.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's the first Friday of the month here in Australia already. As these things don't appear until around 1 am our time Saturday morning, let our monthly dose of false advertising begin....

(Mind you, waking up on the first Saturday of each month and logging on to GL to see what has been released and the consequent eruption of exhiliration or exasperation is always a highlight)

  • Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

(Mind you, waking up on the first Saturday of each month and logging on to GL to see what has been released and the consequent eruption of exhiliration or exasperation is always a highlight) 

I'm like 90% sure when one of the wanted shows is released, this site may implode.

By wanted, I mean these ones: Roxy, 9/19 Passaic, Winterland, Paramount, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Release Dates + Times [GMT/BST], for your speculating pleasure:

  • (Friday 1st June, 20184:49pm - MSG 2009 
  • (Friday 4th May, 20184:58pm - Freehold '96 
  • (Friday 6th April, 20184:45pm - Boston 2007
  • (Friday 2nd March, 20184:45pm - Meadowlands, 20/8/84 
  • (Friday 2nd February, 20184:50pm - Grand Rapids 2005 
  • (Friday 5th January, 20184:47pm - Brendan Byrne '93 
  • (Friday 22nd December, 20174:51pm - Passaic '78 
  • (Friday 1st December, 20173:54pm - Jazzfest, N'AWLINS 2006 
  • (Friday 3rd November, 20176:54pm - Stockholm 3/7/88 
  • (Friday 6th October, 20177:49pm - MSG 1/7/2000 
  • (Thursday 21st September, 20175:10pm - Houston '78 
  • (Friday 1st September, 20175:45pm - Belfast 1996 
  • (Friday 4th August, 20178:08pm - '77 shows
  • (Thursday 13th July, 20178:10pm - Philly '09 
  • (Tuesday 23rd May, 20174:40pm - Helsinki 2012
  • (Sunday 14th April, 20173:16pm - St Louis 2008 
  • (Saturday 24th December, 20167:54pm - Buffalo '09 
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...