Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Given there's a 50/50 chance, you really can't. 

You can predict, definitely. But you can't guarantee that shit. 

I can guarantee that if we get the Rising... It really ought to be Wembley. 

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Haha 6
2 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Given there's a 50/50 chance, you really can't. 

You can predict, definitely. But you can't guarantee that shit. 

you can predict every single show of the tour, then guarantee you will be right then.

3 hours ago, fohguy said:

If you want to know how this all started go to 30 mins into this interview

http://rockonomicspodcast.libsyn.com/e26-jon-altschiller-live-sound-mixer-phish-springsteen-zac-brown-more

very enjoyable listen, and enlightening. thanks for posting

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Mocker said:

The 2002 shows were a more pure representation of the Rising show, and would be a better "document" of that tour. Late 2003 shows had evolved into more of a fun-fest. A true Rising show must include the great performance of "Worlds Apart". The 10/6/02 Philly show included a few extra gems tossed in (Bus, For You, Incident, Kitty).....

The Rising/Lonesome Day/Night/Further On Up the Road/Empty Sky/You're Missing /Waitin' on a Sunny Day/Does This Bus Stop at 82nd Street?/For You/Worlds Apart/Badlands/She's the One/Mary's Place/Countin' on a Miracle/Streets of Philadelphia/Incident on 57th Street/Into the Fire
First Encore: Dancing in the Dark/Ramrod/Born to Run
Second Encore: My City of Ruins/Born in the U.S.A./Land of Hope and Dreams/Kitty's Back

Was inspired to listen to the '02 Philly recording today. Bruce had a brain freeze for about 4 minutes trying to get "Empty Sky" going. Philly crowd was sympathetic, but things got awkward for a bit. Bruce ad-libbing Alzheimer's and LSD jokes.
Probably won't be hearing this one on Nugs any time soon........:lol:

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, JTALllifeBrucesince11 said:

Tropical Storm Gordon is going on so..... it becomes hurricane could then mean a download like Houston last year.

Any Florida shows that would be good for him to release that would get proceeds donated to hurricane fund?

That's an interesting view. I hope the guys in Florida as they sit with their lives in ruins are comforted by the fact a few Bruce fans will get a new release.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
11 hours ago, JTALllifeBrucesince11 said:

Tropical Storm Gordon is going on so..... it becomes hurricane could then mean a download like Houston last year.

Any Florida shows that would be good for him to release that would get proceeds donated to hurricane fund?

Are you seriously hoping for a disastrous hurricane to hit just so we can have an extra show this month?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Okely Dokely said:

Are you seriously hoping for a disastrous hurricane to hit just so we can have an extra show this month?

Maybe it will level TWO cities this time.  Wouldn't that be just awesome?!?

• Like 2

I've been pondering it all day, and on Friday I'm really hoping for a Reunion Tour show from 1999. Manchester #1 or #2, Philly Sept. 25th, Staples Centre Oct. 23rd or anything from that year (or 2000) would be mint. 

I'll enjoy listening to and writing about whatever we get, no doubt. I just want a show that's going to keep me hooked for the next 4 weeks and longer.
Most times an initial 'hmm' release will surprise me and be great, but it's never really one I want to listen to every single day. 

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

Been listening to Wembley '81 and the August 20th 1984 show lately. I really, really love the song sequencing if those two shows, especially the My Hometown - Darkness - Badlands - Thunder Road sequence on the latter. That Darkness thrown in there just makes it that much more amazing. 

Anyway... I'd sure like more of these carefully constructed shows, which would make my wish for a show a show from the 80's.

Will I be happy anyway? Yup. Maybe not thrilled if it's a show from 2009. I probably won't know which show it is until Sunday, since I'll be camping in the mountains this weekend. Bad or no mobile signal up there. 

• Like 1