Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

I'm hearing that in the spirit of Broadway, the next archive release will have some spoken word pieces as bonus tracks.

These will be taken from the 95 Blood Brothers doco as I understand it.

The first one will be Bruce discussing the difficulty of using thecrackers to get the peanut butter out of the jar.

The second is Bruce discussing the "internal cognition" of Secret Garden and whether or not to include the strings.

Can't wait, should be awesome if mixed properly

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bosstralian said:

I'm hearing that in the spirit of Broadway, the next archive release will have some spoken word pieces as bonus tracks.

These will be taken from the 95 Blood Brothers doco as I understand it.

The first one will be Bruce discussing the difficulty of using thecrackers to get the peanut butter out of the jar.

The second is Bruce discussing the "internal cognition" of Secret Garden and whether or not to include the strings.

Can't wait, should be awesome if mixed properly

Yes but it's a NARRATIVE... The song is a NARRATIVE.

I love Bruce dearly but I still chuckle when I think of that.

Really really looking forward to Friday's release.

Expecting a (likely) Reunion show whichever one it may be, but since last night I've been hoping for a 1980/81 show after reading up on the Vietnam Vets show and listening to the performance of Racing in the Street from it.

This year's flown by but I imagine this week's gonna drag as a result of my anticipation!!

• Like 1

Many things to cause this week to drag by:

Waiting to get a shipping notice on my new Beats Studio3 Wireless.

Waiting for the first NLDS game for the Dodgers on Friday.

Waiting for the newest Nugs Springsteen archive release. I'll be happy with whatever it is. I've been playing the Staples shows from '99 all week. I love those shows, specifically the opening with the "All rise" bit from C.

Although, I must admit the holy grail would be the Vietnam Vets show from 1981, or actually any show from the Summer tour in 1981.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, unclejosh said:

I heard rumors it will either be a 1999 or 1975 show but a final decision has not yet been made.  Of course with Bruce Inc it could also be something else altogether.  Not too long of a wait now...

I'd take '75 over '99 any day, and the Reunion tour was a great tour.

Give me more '70s....'78, 75, back when the magic was most there.

• Like 1

At the time it was reported that shows from 1977, 1996 & 2000 had been mixed, it seemed a bit dubious as no 1977 recordings were known. That  nevertheless proved correct and was followed by a 1996 show, so 2000 is the obvious expectation for this month.

But, as has been said, things in Bruceworld can change. Personally, I like not knowing until it drops.

On 02/10/2017 at 9:41 PM, doesthisbusstop said:

The timing of this Friday's archive release could not be better to relieve the boredom of the international break and compensates for no premier league football this weekend. Hoping for a Re-union or Rising Tour show. 

Tell me about it!! Need something to compensate! Hoping for a reunion show with an Epic Tenth Avenue!!

2 hours ago, driveallnight89 said:

Tell me about it!! Need something to compensate! Hoping for a reunion show with an Epic Tenth Avenue!!

All Reunion Tour versions of Tenth Avenue belong to the songs-you-skip-on-bootlegs-versions.

In those 15 minutes they could have played 3 other songs instead! Every night of the tour! (Or just a regular version of Tenth Avenue and 2 other songs).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

What if Friday's release was tonight's Broadway show? :o

I'd get it just to hear what it's like as I am kinda curious, but it probably wouldn't be anything I'd play again. 

Never even made it past chapter 2 with the audio book... I listened to it in the car, and I'd get to work, or home, and realise I hadn't listened to a word he said. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, J said:

I'd get it just to hear what it's like as I am kinda curious, but it probably wouldn't be anything I'd play again. 

Never even made it past chapter 2 with the audio book... I listened to it in the car, and I'd get to work, or home, and realise I hadn't listened to a word he said. 

So true. I've got the audio book and the hard back book. Can't be arsed listening to any of it or reading any of it. That's time I could be spending listening to the tour downloads and archive releases. 

9 hours ago, wolfinthepines said:

Then I won't be buying.

That's fair enough mate. 

5 hours ago, Lampi said:

All Reunion Tour versions of Tenth Avenue belong to the songs-you-skip-on-bootlegs-versions.

My favourite versions of Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out.

2 hours ago, J said:

After reading the review about last night's show I'd be very interested in hearing it, I'd probably listen to it a lot. 

I've been listening to the audiobook the last two weeks and have been enjoying it myself. 

I'd love to get a reunion tour show. Have a funny feeling it'll be The Rising though - just cause there's no official audio only release from that tour. I really want a properly mixed download of the best version of Waiting on a Sunny Day...B)

I don't really mind what I get at this point though to be honest - I'm still at the OMG I just wanna hear EVERYTHING! stage