Greasy Lake Community

6 hours ago, Lampi said:

All Reunion Tour versions of Tenth Avenue belong to the songs-you-skip-on-bootlegs-versions.

In those 15 minutes they could have played 3 other songs instead! Every night of the tour! (Or just a regular version of Tenth Avenue and 2 other songs).

No kidding. It's a showboat, showmanship, grandstand thing. I suppose it's great when you're there but I don't know how anyone can listen to it regularly. And it's more like 18 minutes.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, mad man with a box said:

I'd love to get a reunion tour show. Have a funny feeling it'll be The Rising though - just cause there's no official audio only release from that tour. I really want a properly mixed download of the best version of Waiting on a Sunny Day...B)

I don't really mind what I get at this point though to be honest - I'm still at the OMG I just wanna hear EVERYTHING! stage

I'm still at that stage and I've been listening to Bruce for 20 years.

I have every officially released album, concert and box set, 78 nugs.net releases, and 25 bootlegs, and it ain't even close to enough...

• Like 4
Just now, crdowning said:

I'm still at that stage and I've been listening to Bruce since for 20 years.

I have every officially released album, concert and box set, 78 nugs.net releases, and 25 bootlegs, and it ain't even close to enough...

Haha Brilliant! Got a while before I'm any closer to being what people call a "jaded fan" then!

• Like 1
9 hours ago, mad man with a box said:

I'd love to get a reunion tour show. Have a funny feeling it'll be The Rising though - just cause there's no official audio only release from that tour. I really want a properly mixed download of the best version of Waiting on a Sunny Day...B)

I don't really mind what I get at this point though to be honest - I'm still at the OMG I just wanna hear EVERYTHING! stage

Same here, same here - have been since 1987.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

So true. I've got the audio book and the hard back book. Can't be arsed listening to any of it or reading any of it. That's time I could be spending listening to the tour downloads and archive releases. 

Oh I read the book... You can read the book while you're listening to downloads and archive releases.

40 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Happy archive Friday. Tonight we're gonna party like it's 1999. 

Or 2000...

(As a 1999-2000 show is considered most likely it seems; but maybe they will surprise us all with a Steel Mill show (OK that is very very unlikely but you never know- what is part of the exitement of this series)).

16 minutes ago, J said:

These things usually come out about 6ish PM UK time, no?

I think the 1977 shows were released in the European evening somewhat around 20.00 in the U.K. And 21.00 CET (someone correct me if I am wrong).

3 hours ago, SteveJhb said:

Sorry J. I'll make some calls but I can't promise anything.

Thanks man, I appreciate your effort.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, bobfan1976 said:

The Joad show was released pretty early as I recall, somewhere around 4-5pm UK time. The '77 releases, I seem to remember around 7-9pm UK time, so any time between now and then I guess...

Thanks for narrowing it down.

• Sad 1
5 minutes ago, J said:

Thanks man, I appreciate your effort.

So I spoke to Landy, (that's Jon Landau, but us being buds I call him Landy) and he says that the show will be available PRECISELY when he means it be.

He also said to tell you that it would be exactly what some of you may be hoping for, possibly. But not for certain.

• Haha 3