Greasy Lake Community

1 minute ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

So, all December releases/re-releases the last four years. A filtering might be for the best here in these next couple of days. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

I really want it to happen on Christmas Eve. Somehow seems appropriate. I'd love a River show like 12/29/80 mixed and mastered to perfection. Given the track record, it seems like it'll happen. Something good please Santa Bruce?

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1
3 minutes ago, Buddhabone said:

I really want it to happen on Christmas Eve. Somehow seems appropriate. I'd love a River show like 12/29/80 mixed and mastered to perfection. Given the track record, it seems like it'll happen. Something good please Santa Bruce?

I've just watched this and somehow I've got OG River Tour sentimentality despite not being born until 17 years later, so yeah, I'd really love a show from '80/81

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I've had a potential blog post along these lines planned for at least a month now. I've been struggling to think of 10 "fantastic" unreleased shows though :lol:

I’ve been thinking about this the last day or so and figured I’d make some suggestions - 

Slane Castle 1985, East Berlin 1988, Bottom Line 1975, Winterland 1978, Passaic (09/19) 1978, Shea 2003, LA 1985, Vets show 1981, Meadowlands 1981, and then the final spot I’ll give to a show from the Magic, WOAD, or Wrecking Ball tours, or maybe even Trenton 2005...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, borntorunsean said:

I'm assuming the reason we have never had an 1985 show is the potential BITUSA box set ?

Yes, most likely. Although an Archive release is possible. Looks like all of the Giants Stadium and Los Angeles Coliseum shows were recorded professionally. I'd also assume that when NFL films videotaped all the European/USA Stadium shows, some sort of primitive 2 track stereo recording must have been used.

Hell, I'd give anything for a clean Soundboard of anything 81-88. He seems to really like mixing shows that were recorded by a mobile truck back in those days. It's conceivable that they will exhaust all of those they can and then offer shows in "lesser" quality. I think the jury is out on the idea that everything post Reunion was well recorded using a digital recorder. I remember from reading the 85 shows were recorded digitally, thus providing a high standard to match when inserting recordings from 75-81. I like to reiterate this everytime I can...We don't really know how massive the archive is and what was really recorded. The joke we used to tell on Stone Pony London is that Mr. Springsteen is the most greedy uber collector of us all. 34 archive releases later, he has learned to share and is most likely making more money off these releases than he would by putting out a new album. Nugs is massively successful and Bruce Inc gets a huge cut of the proceeds. Its a win win win situation that will keep on giving for years to come.

• Like 4

Someone on BTX is leaving hints that its one of the MUSE benefit shows from 1979 at Madison Square Garden. Each one would be good, but short. If there was ever a time to combine them, this would be it. One has Q to 3, the other has a great Detroit Medley.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

One has Q to 3, the other has a great Detroit Medley.

... and one has "that" incident which might help them choose which to release, should they ever release one.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, fohguy said:

Too bad you guys are getting 1979 tomorrow

Sweet! 

1979-01-01 - RICHFIELD COLISEUM, RICHFIELD, OH

RAVE ON / BADLANDS / RENDEZVOUS / SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT / DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN / FACTORY / STREETS OF FIRE / HEARTBREAK HOTEL / THE PROMISED LAND / PROVE IT ALL NIGHT / RACING IN THE STREET / THUNDER ROAD / MEETING ACROSS THE RIVER / JUNGLELAND / FOR YOU / IT'S HARD TO BE A SAINT IN THE CITY / SANTA CLAUS IS COMIN' TO TOWN / I FOUGHT THE LAW / THE FEVER / BECAUSE THE NIGHT / FIRE / CANDY'S ROOM / POINT BLANK / MONA - SHE'S THE ONE - GLORIA / BACKSTREETS / THE LAST TIME / ROSALITA (COME OUT TONIGHT) / BORN TO RUN / DETROIT MEDLEY / TENTH AVENUE FREEZE-OUT / QUARTER TO THREE

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just had a look at the 2 No Nukes gigs and would there really be any point in releasing both? The setlists are completely identical except for the last 2 songs. And the fact that Petty shows up on Stay on night 2.

2 minutes ago, J said:

I just had a look at the 2 No Nukes gigs and would there really be any point in releasing both? The setlists are completely identical except for the last 2 songs. And the fact that Petty shows up on Stay on night 2.

Honestly I'm not to fussed about them releasing either in general. 

If anyone wants to bookmark this post for future reference when I inevitably praise the show, feel free. 

What's awesome about this is that it's 10.30 pm on Christmas Eve in Adelaide,  Australia.

So this is genuine "what's Santa left for me tomorrow morning" stuff here. It's like I'm a kid again.

If I wake up tomorrow and after the two Bosstralian Juniors have opened their pressies, I log on here and find nothing about a bonus show I'm going to end up all " screw you, fake Santa" which isn't going to end well for anyone

• Like 3
  • Haha 2