Greasy Lake Community

There's a lot to love on the MetLife 2012 release. "Cynthia" and "Janey"; "Meeting" into "Jungleland" and "Thunder Road" into "Rocky Ground" are six great performances, off the top of my head - I'm sure I listed quite a few in the song recommendations section of my review on the website. The same can definitely be said about New Jersey 1992. I was posting earlier this week or so about "My Beautiful Reward" from it being a gem and "If I Should Fall Behind" was fantastic too. 

Both of these shows can be looked at as "good hands" in the Archive Series, but given the way this year's been, we need a show tomorrow that's more than "a quality addition". I feel that we need something that reaffirms what makes this series so essential, and that's a show that has the potential to reel in new fans and make current ones realise and remember why they're a fan. So far in 2019 I think LA 1985 is the only show that really does that, and as Buddhabone says, we know anything from '78/'80/'81 has that, and most likely can top it. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Early North Jersey said:

I doubt that anyone that was at the birthday show was sad to sorry it released.

It did make me sorry i missed it although two hours hiding from Thunderstorms and driving home at 3 in the morning would have made for a very tough evening.

The download was a super convenient way of enjoying a historic Bruce show.

The 2-hour delay wasn't that bad. There are a lot worse things in life. The delayed show start only increased the anticipation for a special show. Crowd was willing to go as late as Bruce wanted to take it. I was happy for the 2 ladies from Germany sitting in front of me who traveled far and got a special show. Nugs release is a welcome improvement over the bootleg version. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mocker said:

The 2-hour delay wasn't that bad. There are a lot worse things in life. The delayed show start only increased the anticipation for a special show. Crowd was willing to go as late as Bruce wanted to take it. I was happy for the 2 ladies from Germany sitting in front of me who traveled far and got a special show. Nugs release is a welcome improvement over the bootleg version. 

Was there any thought that you would get screwed by a curfew or anything ?..... Sounded like the most incredible night ..... The first Midnight Hour since my beloved New Years Eve show ....and the whole song !!!! Not my shortened version !!!!

• Like 1

At some point in the future Hyde Park 2012 is inevitable when they pulled the plug. They obviously have the multi tracks of the show including the last few minutes which the crowd couldn’t hear.

I’d be pleased with it for Take em as they come and the opening Thunder Road of Bruce and Roy only. I don’t want it yet though. Not tomorrow. I want a show from 73 to 81. 

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Silvia said:

I would love a show where he was at his peak as the crowd-pleasing performer, the joker of the stage...

The Milwaukee Bomb Scare Show, 2 October 1975.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

Was there any thought that you would get screwed by a curfew or anything ?..... Sounded like the most incredible night ..... The first Midnight Hour since my beloved New Years Eve show ....and the whole song !!!! Not my shortened version !!!!

No, time constraint was never a concern. We were all at Bruce's house.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Silvia said:

I want my ashes to get scattered at the top of that hill, where Bruce stands in the video, with his red checked shirt and his cowboy hat on.  

Key's View, Joshua Tree National Park.

• Love Love Love! 1

Quite honestly, I do not mind it at all when they release a show from 2008/2009 or 2012/2013. The setlists during those tours were tremendously varied. 

As far as now is concerned, I'm betting it's one of these years: 1977, 1980,  2000,  2002

Seems to me that for some (not me!) 'weak' eras are defined as pretty much anything post 1988, and the 'classic' era is anything from 1975 up to 1988. I think there's usually something to find of worth in all the Archive releases, and there are very few that I actually listen to in their complete form; strangely when I do listen to complete shows, they tend to be Joad shows, so I don't really mind what they do release (with the exception of anything from '75-78, just not my cup of tea). Not sure what the order of recent releases has been, and most boxes have been ticked by now, but I'll go for a revisiting of 1980 and hopefully we'll get a show in decent quality this time (I'm in the Nassau '80 is poor sound quality camp). Always fun to tune in Archive day, with the exception of last month's weirdly muted response.

• Like 1

Last time I slept this poorly on Archive eve was when we got The Roxy '78.

Have a feeling, but know that can be misplaced.

Look forward to sharing the anticipation all morning.

• Like 2
Just now, Dbro02 said:

My Prediction: We actually get the Vietnam Vets Show. 

Outside Chance: Darien Lake 03'.

I would die from excitement if we got the vets show.

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, ONE LEGGED DOG said:

my guess is that it's going to be Wembley 4th of July 1985

They played that show yesterday on E Street Radio ... so i was thinking the same, but it was the same bootleg version they’ve played before ... so maybe not.

• Like 1