musicdav24

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

7 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I'm fancying the Reunion Tour for August. 

Most logical then -maybe- Los Angeles 1999 (After 2 New Jersey shows and now Nassau another New Jersey or New York show maybe not  likely but this just some speculation).

Or Europa 1999. If European 1999 shows were recorded anyway.

Just now, Lampi said:

Most logical then -maybe- Los Angeles 1999 (After 2 New Jersey shows and now Nassau another New Jersey or New York show maybe not  likely but this just some speculation).

Or Europa 1999. If European 1999 shows were recorded anyway.

I'll take anything, even the June 29th show that I've secretly been hoping won't be released since October 2017. 

I've never heard the famed Hartford show and the more I think about it lately the more I want that. 

If they happen to have a variety of European shows, I've always wanted the May 2nd Manchester show (why? I don't know), but let's be honest, Paris #2 and Stockholm #2 are where it's at. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lilbud said:

There was a post on BTX about Max Weinberg mentioning the Vets show (he said Hal Blaine was there was a guest).

JEMS just dropped this in the thread and left: https://picosong.com/wYK2L/

Not a word more, but it is higher quality than the existing partial soundboard tape.

Oh ok....I see....That would be amazing if there was a soundboard of the whole show.  I don't have any hope that there's an actual multi-track.  Didn't the Vietnam Veterans of America use the introduction for something official?  I could have sworn I heard that somewhere.  If so, wonder what type of recording they used for that.

20 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I even the June 29th show that I've secretly been hoping won't be released since October 2017. 

May I politely ask why (not)?

3 minutes ago, Lampi said:

May I politely ask why (not)?

The familiarity I have with it - truth be told - and how I feel a release of it would imply "laziness"/"incompetence".

There's a bunch of excellent shows from the Reunion Tour - fair enough not every one was recorded - so I've felt that if they were to release this show, which was used heavily(?) for Live in New York City, it would be a case of "we're doing this because it's easy for us with it being on LINYC" and a case of "we didn't record that many shows when we really should have". In the last few months though I've thought about it, and as long as there'd be more from the tour in the future, I wouldn't mind this one at all. 

*Some might think, "but, Paolo, what about July 1st, 2000? You love that one!", which is valid. I reckon when comparing setlists, though, July 1st is so much stronger than June 29th and much more worthy of release, regardless of LINYC

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I'll take anything, even the June 29th show that I've secretly been hoping won't be released since October 2017. 

I've never heard the famed Hartford show and the more I think about it lately the more I want that. 

If they happen to have a variety of European shows, I've always wanted the May 2nd Manchester show (why? I don't know), but let's be honest, Paris #2 and Stockholm #2 are where it's at. 

The 2nd Manchester show was really good, not just because I was there (6th row, even!) and it was my first Jungleland, and they played Rendezvous...but Bruce opened with Badlands, which gave the middle part, "the five-pack", a new twist with Prove It appearing in the middle of the set rather than at the start. Plus, there was the - it seemed - spontaneous first verse of Chuck Berry's Promised Land at the start of Workin'. Not Milan #2 or Stockholm #2 great, but nonetheless quite an excellent show.

That's why you (and I) would want it released officially. You're welcome. :P

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dr. Zoom said:

If this-Manchester-will be released, then it will likely take some time before another UK show will be released.

So release of Manchester will be further delay for Wembley 2002. Think about that!

2 minutes ago, Lampi said:

So release of Manchester will be further delay for Wembley 2002. Think about that!

Hmm, that is a good point. 

And when taking into account Leeds 2013 was released eight months ago, that'd make it May 2020 before Wembley 2002 is even considered.

Then you've got to think they'll pause the Archive Series during a tour, which you'd like to think will start early next year - let's say April. Bruce, regardless of age, likes to drag those tours out for at least a year, so let's say May 2021 is the end of the line, working on the basis that The River Tour started in January 2016 and ended in February 2017. 

That tour saw the release of one Archive Release in June. Let's say that's when we get Wembley 2002. June 2020. That means March 2021 is when we're looking at a release of Sunderland 2012, at the earliest. So I don't know if Manchester '99 is worth it lads and lasses.

The cynical part of me is thinking that with the amazing July double release that earned a lot of praise and goodwill they will take the opportunity to release a show next month from one of the less popular tours which usually causes some complaints .  

Never know though.  Last year we got the prime era Roxy 78 and Wembley 81 back to back in July and August.

But after releasing over 7 hours of prime rocking E Street band I am guessing next month will slow things down and a solo or Seegar show is due.

I was also thinking Seeger next month.

Which I'm OK with, I can live with listening to my incident for two consecutive months :) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lampi said:

If this-Manchester-will be released, then it will likely take some time before another UK show will be released.

This is where I will awaken the wrath of J.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Tim1218 said:

Oh ok....I see....That would be amazing if there was a soundboard of the whole show.  I don't have any hope that there's an actual multi-track.  Didn't the Vietnam Veterans of America use the introduction for something official?  I could have sworn I heard that somewhere.  If so, wonder what type of recording they used for that.

WNEW played a portion of Bruce’s rap before Who’ll Stop the Rain in a Vietnam Veterans charity promotion broadcast during the December Holiday Season that  I heard once but can’t remember the year - but definitely early 80s and it was a very clean board or multi-track recording of the rap.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I said yesterday that that post on the Jessica Springsteen thread was my best ever on the forum, well let me tell you now that I've got a new pick for my worst.

Now that one does have some competition.

I tried to stop myself, I really did, but the temptation was much too strong 

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Now that one does have some competition.

I tried to stop myself, I really did, but the temptation was much too strong 

The one I remember posting around four years ago about how anyone who criticises Bruce's music isn't a true fan still probably holds the "Paolo's worst" award. 

That's right, anyone who's signed up to this forum since then, back in the day ol' Paolo was a bit of a "high 'orse" twat when he'd decide to post from time to time. 

Now I'm a complete twat and a hypocrite as well!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

The one I remember posting around four years ago about how anyone who criticises Bruce's music isn't a true fan still probably holds the "Paolo's worst" award. 

That's right, anyone who's signed up to this forum since then, back in the day ol' Paolo was a bit of a "high 'orse" twat when he'd decide to post from time to time. 

You could start a forum fight with yourself by quoting and responding to your own Hello Sunshine reaction posts

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

awww Paolo don't worry about

we have all been there

i was once the most hated person on the lake with the wolf pack in hot pursuit after some words were misinterpreted over WOAD and fans who didn't like it

its the nature of the internet 

but the more we all get to know each other the more we get to understand other view points 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2019 at 9:01 PM, Dr. Zoom said:

The 2nd Manchester show was really good, not just because I was there (6th row, even!) and it was my first Jungleland, and they played Rendezvous...but Bruce opened with Badlands, which gave the middle part, "the five-pack", a new twist with Prove It appearing in the middle of the set rather than at the start. Plus, there was the - it seemed - spontaneous first verse of Chuck Berry's Promised Land at the start of Workin'. Not Milan #2 or Stockholm #2 great, but nonetheless quite an excellent show.

And an absolute killer Murder Inc that night, too :-)

• Love Love Love! 1

I want more '70s shows. I can enjoy others, but I don't care about any others.

'78 was the best year - I don't give a shit if some fans laugh about it; nothing touches it and we haven't had SHIT from '78. A bad Roxy remix? The mono Houston soundboard? Agora sounding worse than the boots?

No,

we need more.

Also earlier shows like the Bottom Line, C.W. Post College and the Main Point.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, soulcrusader78 said:

I want more '70s shows. I can enjoy others, but I don't care about any others.

'78 was the best year - I don't give a shit if some fans laugh about it; nothing touches it and we haven't had SHIT from '78. A bad Roxy remix? The mono Houston soundboard? Agora sounding worse than the boots?

No,

we need more.

Also earlier shows like the Bottom Line, C.W. Post College and the Main Point.

winterland !!!!

• Love Love Love! 1

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

winterland !!!!

Winterland Night 2, 16 December.

• Love Love Love! 1

While I agree that I need more 78 and some of the 78 releases do have issues I would like to point out that the single best release from the entire series (and nothing really comes close) is the 9/20/78 show.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, soulcrusader78 said:

78 was the best year - I don't give a shit if some fans laugh about it; nothing touches it and we haven't had SHIT from '78. A bad Roxy remix? The mono Houston soundboard? Agora sounding worse than the boots?

No

I also like to conveniently forget the Passaic 20/9/78 release to make my "they've released fuck all good from '78" argument sound even stronger. 

The Roxy sounds excellent as well. 

2 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I also like to conveniently forget the Passaic 20/9/78 release to make my "they've released fuck all good from '78" argument sound even stronger. 

The Roxy sounds excellent as well. 

Currently listening to The Roxy at work right now...It does sound excellent.  Not sure a remix is necessary for this show.

• Like 1