Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

I just hope it's a great release. I know we all have different tastes. Mine run with him where the '70s is my favorite period, his defining one. Just like with Dylan for me it's his early folk period (though really up through Highway 61 Revisited and the 1966 tour), and with the Beatles it's their earliest albums the most too, (even if many prefer the later albums).

I'm down and would love something really beautiful from the '70s, something with a lot of guitar (that would mean '78 well-mixed; it's not always...)

Just something that can pick me up.

I think that's why most of us love his music so much anyway......

Something that moves us.

I sure don't want a Ghost Of Tom Joad show now. I have my time for that album and tour, I've loved it before, but....

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 4

12 minutes ago, soulcrusader78 said:

I just hope it's a great release. I know we all have different tastes. Mine run with him where the '70s is my favorite period, his defining one. Just like with Dylan for me it's his early folk period (though really up through Highway 61 Revisited and the 1966 tour), and with the Beatles it's their earliest albums the most too, (even if many prefer the later albums).

I'm down and would love something really beautiful from the '70s, something with a lot of guitar (that would mean '78 well-mixed; it's not always...)

Just something that can pick me up.

I think that's why most of us love his music so much anyway......

Something that moves us.

I sure don't want a Ghost Of Tom Joad show now. I have my time for that album and tour, I've loved it before, but....

Something that moves us

• Like 2

More and more a little bit strange there is still only 1 Seeger show(for Rising there is the technical problems as an explanation).

You could also say with New Orleans and Live In Dublin both the Spring shows (rather standard setlists build around the Seeger album) and the Fall shows (more variation in setlists and more Springsteen songs in Seeger arrangement) are allready covered and the only thing missing is a complete show from the Fall. (Edit: or a regular (i.e. longer) show from the Spring, compared to the short(er) New Orléans festival show).

4 minutes ago, Lampi said:

More and more a little bit strange there is still only 1 Seeger show(for Rising there is the technical problems as an explanation).

You could also say with New Orleans and Live In Dublin both the Spring shows (rather standard setlists build around the Seeger album) and the Fall shows (more variation in setlists and more Springsteen songs in Seeger arrangement) are allready covered and the only thing missing is a complete show from the Fall.

The Live in Dublin album was recorded in november if i am correct. But all 3 Dublin shows are  recorded so maybe we also get a full audio of one of the shows just like with the Msg show which was used for the Live in NYC album

23 minutes ago, Marnix said:

But all 3 Dublin shows are  recorded

It is said from 2005 on all shows are (probably) recorded, so also all Seeger shows. Which makes a non-Dublin show more interesting (Even if some might say there is nothing interesting at all about a Seeger show:lol:)

Where on earth did July go?!

Not even attempting a prediction for tomorrow it really could be anything - I'd personally like a Rising show at the minute (even though I rarely listen to the Helsinki '03 show for no real reason)

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

9 hours ago, BobbyJames said:

Where on earth did July go?!

Not even attempting a prediction for tomorrow it really could be anything - I'd personally like a Rising show at the minute (even though I rarely listen to the Helsinki '03 show for no real reason)

Not just the July. Today's is going to be the eight release, we are way past the half of this year.

With the August release, the summer is practically gone...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Silvia said:

Not just the July. Today's is going to be the eight release, we are way past the half of this year.

With the August release, the summer is practically gone...

or if you live down here its almost spring

...as a howling southerly bangs on my door and 10m swells and a king tide are forcast 

• Like 2

This is my first post for a while and although its good to see you all so excited but does anyone agree that these releases have now run their time ?

I used to be really excited and have manged to get hold of a lot of the earlier releases - up until Stockholm 88.

Since then I really have lost interest and could not really care - it just seems to be a money grabbing opportunity.

I'd love now to see more visual releases either physical or online. There really only so may versions of certain songs you can listen to.

Rant over - still loving Bruce though :D

• Like 1