musicdav24

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

28 minutes ago, Buddhabone said:

I am expecting a release on the 23rd.

Who's with me?

I dont expect anything then i dont get disapointed if there is no release. But of course i hope we get a surprise release

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Buddhabone said:

Who's with me?

I'm with you.

• Love Love Love! 1

1 hour ago, Buddhabone said:

Who's with me?

I'm with you, too.

• Love Love Love! 1

On 9/4/2019 at 9:35 PM, Lampi said:

They will release Passaic Night 1 Friday and then Passaic Night 3, the Birthday special show, on 23 September.

Then we have this from my Crystal Ball from which 50% is already true.

And my Crystal Ball also says Wembley 2002 will be released in 2027.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

Who's with me?

Would be nice, but my two pennyworth says no.

4 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

Who's with me?

If you want another one this month you gotta RAISE YOUR HAND !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

Who's with me?

I hope and want a release but don’t expect one.  I’m not saying I’m correct.

it is his birthday so I don’t see why he would give gifts on his birthday - I don’t see Nugs being that way

who knows

9 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Hey. I made that.

Oops.  Full copyright and credit to JF.  Royalty cheque in the post.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

Oops.  Full copyright and credit to JF.  Royalty cheque in the post.

The check bounced.

• Haha 1

On 7/12/2019 at 9:52 PM, unclejosh said:

The article pretty much explains it. Basically dynamic range is the audible range from the loudest part of a recording to the quietest.  What modern mastering has become in a lot of cases is use compression to lower the dynamic range so the difference between the loudest part and softest part are not so great.  This makes it sound better on lower quality equipment such as boomboxes, car stereos, and in formats such as mp3.  It also can add a layer of "mushiness" or like a wall of sound with no air or breath (but not in a good way like Phil Specter which is a mixing choice not a mastering choice) which some people who are sensitive to it can perceive and can cause your ears to literally have fatigue and become uncomfortable when listening.  It can feel like an assault on the ears.  For me, depending on the recording (and I do not have audiophile equipment BTW) when I play a song loud in my car/ or through my LG DAC with headphones with a recording with a bad DR number, my ears almost feel the sound waves hitting it and it can cause discomfort and then pain if i keep listening for a period of time. The problem with the bad DR number is that to avoid that feeling I have to turn it down so much that it is basically not worth listening to.

One easy way to notice it even if you aren't sensitive (and many if not most people are not) is take a rocking (BTR will work) song that is on both Live 75-85 and the newest 12/31 show or Tower or Roxy from the archives.  Crank up the version from 75-85 to a comfortable but loud level.  Listen for a bit.  Now without touching your volume level, immediately play the other version.  It should sound much louder and most likely you will need to turn it down to be at the same comfortable level.  This tells you that the other version has been more highly compressed.  You can do it in reverse as well.  Play a song from the archive show at a nice loud level, then play the 75-85 one.  You will likely notice is sounds much quieter and you will need to turn up your volume to be at the same loudness level.

For reference Live 75-85 has a DR number of 13/14 and Tower is 8.  The new NYE release is a 7.  The original mix was an 11.  12/29 is a 9.  Passaic is a 10 and Tempe is an 11.  The higher the number the less compression is used.  This site lists all the releases.  http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=Bruce Springsteen.  I will also say that that number is not the be all end all, it is merely an indicator that the compression was applied and it may cause an issue for those sensitive to such auditory sounds.  In my case the new version of NYE doesn't bother me even with the bad number although i know it does others.  Yet Roxy which has the same number does.

Sorry for the "novel" of a response!

Out of interest what’s the DR score for the new Passaic 19/9 release? It sounds as close to perfection to me in terms of loudness, dynamic range, and not being overly compressed

Playing "Darkness" from 8/20/81 aka "A Night for Vietnam Vets".

This track is raw and personal. Its easy to connect that story with those that were watching him from close up on those risers they built for the wheel chairs.

I dream that this will be ours in better quality...as it should be.

• Like 4

Getting ready for a unique 70th birthday release. Vets is my bet. 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 9:38 PM, Jerseyfornia said:

The check bounced.

"Like a rubber ball...."

5 hours ago, borntorunsean said:

Getting ready for a unique 70th birthday release. Vets is my bet. 

Would gladly pay tripple...even a poorly mixed soundboard.

Must be released. Must be.

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

I have a feeling that the VV show will be a free download on the 23rd to existing Nugs customers, for a limited period.

I have total faith in his philanthropy and his ability to say a great big 'thank you'.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

11 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Possibly Tempe 80 full show unedited download in all formats released as a freebie next week 

That would be totally unacceptable behaviour. 

• Love Love Love! 1

2 hours ago, Promise61 said:

That would be totally unacceptable behaviour. 

Or maybe proof they really don't have 20.8.1981.