musicdav24

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

2 minutes ago, Silvia said:

I might be in minority, but I prefer shows from TOL onwards. TOL included, of course.

That is a VERY UNPOPULAR opinion.

(Not the inclusion of Tunnel shows)

20 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

It's a case of every available ToL tour show or bust for me. 

Agree.  Why can't they just do what Dylan did with his 1966 tour 36-disc box set and just release it all.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

Agree.  Why can't they just do what Dylan did with his 1966 tour 36-disc box set and just release it all.

Because I still haven't finished tagging that Dylan set.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Because I still haven't finished tagging that Dylan set.

Vinyl made life simpler!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lampi said:

I know, probably posted in the wrong thread! :D

I'm the last here (due to my limited knowledge) to say which tour truly was his best or the most significant. I'm not saying that these shows are objectively better as the shows in the seventies, or early eighties. It's just my personal preference. I love his solo tours so much, and they only started in the 90-is. I prefer unique shows, unique in one way or the other (like the Bridge or Christic). Furthermore, I enjoy more variety song wise, I love how he swapped the band twice, I love the horns, the orchestra, the choir... 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

TOL tour is bad ass shit.

The guy took his cards and laid them out. The most autiobiographical setlist ever, taking hidden worlds and shining a light onto them and showing us his soul. I was at every show I could go to, 5 in L.A. and two up north. The last night in Shoreline may have been one of the most transformational moments in my concert going career. Bring me more TOL tour Bossman!!!!

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 3

Love the ToL tour.  Second best tour after Darkness for me... but as staggeringly awesome as the performances and set lists were, the set lists were quite static so I am not sure it lends itself to too many releases too soon when other tours have a richer variety of shows that could be released first.

Unless a show with Across the Borderline is offered up, I am happy to keep playing Stockholm and MSG as these shows cover between them the two distinct kinds of shows that were played on the tour (early more ToL material heavy arena shows / more bombastic stadium shows) and each showcases a performance that is top notch.  Stockholm in particular being the best show of the tour.

Would prefer to see some more 92/93 and 84 shows in the short term.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Karembu said:

Love the ToL tour.  Second best tour after Darkness for me... but as staggeringly awesome as the performances and set lists were, the set lists were quite static so I am not sure it lends itself to too many releases too soon when other tours have a richer variety of shows that could be released first.

Unless a show with Across the Borderline is offered up, I am happy to keep playing Stockholm and MSG as these shows cover between them the two distinct kinds of shows that were played on the tour (early more ToL material heavy arena shows / more bombastic stadium shows) and each showcases a performance that is top notch.  Stockholm in particular being the best show of the tour.

Would prefer to see some more 92/93 and 84 shows in the short term.

Don’t forget LA also!

5 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Give me "Walk Like a Man" or give me death. 

Walk Like A Man was played in Detroit, 28 March 1988. According to the Backstreets book, this show was 'digitally recorded'.

The officially released live version of Be True on various 12" vinyl singles/EP's  and CD singles is from this show.

So good chance this show will be released at a certain point; also for variation in location, as a pre-Reunion U.S.A. show not from NJ/NY/California.

And Mountain View 2 May 1988. Good hope for that show too, as the circulating pro-shot video of -again- Be True is from that show; even if pro-shot video of (maybe) only one song does not mean yet the complete show was audio-recorded.

• Like 1

From Julius over at BTX:

For those keeping score...

Tour Months Since
77 26
Sessions 23
Joad 17
WOAD 16
Reunion 13
Rising 12
BTR 10
Tunnel 9
Magic 8
DD 7
USA 6
HT/LT 5
WB 4
River 3
No Tour 2
Darkness 1

I am thinking maybe it'll be a show where Bruce Springsteen performed as lead singer.

Gonna bet the house on that.

Would love a good one.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Buddhabone said:

I'm thinking maybe it'll be a show where Bruce Springsteen performed as lead singer.

Gonna bet the house on that.

You've fucked it if they release one of the benefits where he shares the vocals with The Jovi mind. 

• Like 1

On 10/8/2019 at 8:14 PM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Amen to that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Seems to be a consensus here!

tumblr_pvwjf6XEWG1rg3fkxo2_400.gif

Great! Shall I inform Nugs about our decision, then? :D

• Haha 2

On 10/8/2019 at 2:43 PM, Lampi said:

Blasphemy! Break out the tar and feathers, we have a heretic here! ;)

In the mood for just about anything tomorrow. After reading the thread about the last show at Shea I'd love that Rising show - or any other with Wembley and Gothenburg leading the way. A Reunion night is always welcomed by me, and today I've been feeling a fresh "Prove It" from 99/00 would be awesome to hear. 

Seeger and Joad as mentioned earlier would be great, with the latter being perfect for the dark October nights (love dark October nights, me). A Working on a Dream tour show would be welcomed by me as well. Plenty of good stuff from that year yet to be released. 

The non-Sunderland 2012 and "Walk Like a Man" jackpot though would probably be something from 76 or 77. There's something to those two years so massively different to 75 and 78 that makes them fantastic. 

As it goes, '75 is probably the sole tour that I'm not thrilled by, but that's only going to change when they next release a show from it. 

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

On 10/9/2019 at 5:18 PM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Give me "Walk Like a Man" or give me death. 

Bruce original or Four Seasons cover? :o

29 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

In the mood for just about anything tomorrow. After reading the thread about the last show at Shea I'd love that Rising show - or any other with Wembley and Gothenburg leading the way. A Reunion night is always welcomed by me, and today I've been feeling a fresh "Prove It" from 99/00 would be awesome to hear. 

Seeger and Joad as mentioned earlier would be great, with the latter being perfect for the dark October nights (love dark October nights, me). A Working on a Dream tour show would be welcomed by me as well. Plenty of good stuff from that year yet to be released. 

The non-Sunderland 2012 and "Walk Like a Man" jackpot though would probably be something from 76 or 77. There's something to those two years so massively different to 75 and 78 that makes them fantastic. 

As it goes, '75 is probably the sole tour that I'm not thrilled by, but that's only going to change when they next release a show from it. 

I would agree with most of this...

My preferences would be a late tour Joad show, a Reunion show from left field, or anything that is amazing.

I love this music in all of it's forms.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Buddhabone said:

I would agree with most of this...

My preferences would be a late tour Joad show, a Reunion show from left field, or anything that is amazing.

I love this music in all of it's forms.

Whatever it is, what's for certain is that the next three months will be great. 

Archive #47(?) tomorrow, Western Stars Live on the 25th and Archive #48(?) a week later. Then five weeks later we get the December release, which has the potential to be topped just three weeks after. 

What a time to be alive. 

• Like 2